There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Patton:
Must watch…..go back and look at his footwork when he made that throw to Juaun Jennings. He turns his body and keeps his feet moving to avoid the sack, pretty awesome display of awareness and ability.

I thought his best throw was the one to Deebo over the middle. He was going to get rocked by an incoming rusher, knew it, don't care.

What's crazy was how fast he got that out of his hands. The dlineman was like two steps away when Purdy just started his wind-up. And to make that throw with accuracy? Damn.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Oh and btw someone in here tried to argue that Goff has a stronger arm than Purdy - I think that was clearly tossed in the dumpster on Sunday, agreed?

I think if you had both players throw as far as they could, Goff might win that. Maybe or maybe not... but there's a lot of ways to judge arm strength.

Whenever Goff is moved off his spot, he just doesn't have the mobility/footwork to throw off platform and Purdy does. Which is why Goff throws a lot of ducks and Purdy doesn't.

Piggy backing off you a bit but Goff seems to have more velocity but Purdy has superior arm talent. Personally I think arm strength is overrated unless you get a guy like Shaun Hill where it dies become an issue. Brock can make every throw in the book, that's all that matters.

That Purdy defelcted TD pass to Aiyuk was about 50 yards. I remember Steve Young in a TV QB competion show - really heaved it with everything he had - and got a measured distance of about 55 yards. Brock didn't look like he put 100% on that throw. More like 90% from my eyes.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Oh and btw someone in here tried to argue that Goff has a stronger arm than Purdy - I think that was clearly tossed in the dumpster on Sunday, agreed?

I think if you had both players throw as far as they could, Goff might win that. Maybe or maybe not... but there's a lot of ways to judge arm strength.

Whenever Goff is moved off his spot, he just doesn't have the mobility/footwork to throw off platform and Purdy does. Which is why Goff throws a lot of ducks and Purdy doesn't.

Piggy backing off you a bit but Goff seems to have more velocity but Purdy has superior arm talent. Personally I think arm strength is overrated unless you get a guy like Shaun Hill where it dies become an issue. Brock can make every throw in the book, that's all that matters.

The funny thing about Hill is... he was actually a good deep ball thrower. Which is crazy because he couldn't throw a spiral and had the arm strength of my 15 year old cousin lol

This reinforces the point that pure arm strength is overrated,

Like an assassin with many surprising weapons from his arsenal, Purdy used his legs to win the game. Goff is a one dimensional QB, which led to his demise.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Being brain picked by Bosa might just be scarier than getting sack by Bosa lol

That's nuts. Brocks confidence was oozing here - you can tell he NEVER doubted himself and really isn't satisfied with what he's done, at all.

god damn that has me amped up

When team Captains were about to be announced at the start of this season, I thought Brock would not get voted as one simply because he had only been a starting QB for 9(?) weeks to close the 2022 season. He is obviously Captain material.

Team Captain true that. Just the way he commands the offense…..I remember that one play where before the snap he yelled, "Stay! Stay right there!" If he was not aware of the timeclock and everything around him, it would have been a lost of 5 yards for delaying the game and might have been a factor to losing that game. His football mind is one of a genius I think.
I would have loved to see Goff in the atmospheric rain game against the Packers. He's got smaller hands then Purdy, and I've seen him play in similar weather against Oregon in college. He was just a freshman, but leading the nation in passing yards per game and he threw the ball 6 times before taking himself out of the game. He couldnt grip the ball. Just had zero control. So they went to a backup QB and got clobbered. Never seen anything like that before.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Brock Purdy credits source of strength in 49ers' comeback win over Lions

Reflecting on his NFL journey and its influence on the team's second-half comeback, Purdy shared his thoughts with reporters after the game.

"Yeah, honestly. I think it's a testament to God and where he's taken me in life," Purdy said. "I've never been the biggest, fastest, strongest, any of that. I feel like I've always had to sort of fight for what I get, work for what I get. But God's always given me an opportunity, whether that was in high school, college, then obviously, in the NFL.

"Getting drafted last, people overlook you, that kind of stuff. All you need is an opportunity and watch and see what he does. I put my faith and trust in Him. He's gotten me to where I'm at."

This faith carried into the second half of the game against the Lions with a Super Bowl berth on the line.

"When I'm down 17 at half, 'All right, God, you've taken me here, win or lose, I'm going to glorify you,'" Purdy continued. "That's my peace, that is the joy, the steadfastness. That is where I get it from. That is the honest truth. I leaned into that. Sure enough, we were able to come back."
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
ha

Alex is such a class act.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Reflecting on his NFL journey and its influence on the team's second-half comeback, Purdy shared his thoughts with reporters after the game.

"Yeah, honestly. I think it's a testament to God and where he's taken me in life," Purdy said. "I've never been the biggest, fastest, strongest, any of that. I feel like I've always had to sort of fight for what I get, work for what I get. But God's always given me an opportunity, whether that was in high school, college, then obviously, in the NFL.

"Getting drafted last, people overlook you, that kind of stuff. All you need is an opportunity and watch and see what he does. I put my faith and trust in Him. He's gotten me to where I'm at."

This faith carried into the second half of the game against the Lions with a Super Bowl berth on the line.

"When I'm down 17 at half, 'All right, God, you've taken me here, win or lose, I'm going to glorify you,'" Purdy continued. "That's my peace, that is the joy, the steadfastness. That is where I get it from. That is the honest truth. I leaned into that. Sure enough, we were able to come back."

jesus christ

jesus christ

Let the Intolerance flow bro. Be mad.
jesus christ

Seethe

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 31, 2024 at 10:43 AM ]

jesus christ

thank u for purdy dear lawd..
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

jesus christ

Let the Intolerance flow bro. Be mad.

Yeah what's the deal with a few posters getting so triggered by this? Purdy believes in God and idolizes Jesus - and this is a bad thing? Would it be better if he was glorifying himself and acting like an immature idiot, as so many other young players do? We are very lucky to have someone with his head on straight, setting an example for today's generation that seems to be completely lost spiritually.
Originally posted by Koldo:
ha

Alex is such a class act.

is that a real quote
We should put Jesus in at Safety. He can use his magic to intercept every pass.

Then after, the game, he'd be like , "First of all, I'd like to give all the glory and praise to myself..."
[ Edited by IrishCrnjo on Jan 31, 2024 at 10:51 AM ]
Don't think Brock lack confidence going into the NFL. He knew he can play in the NFL. What Bosa was talking about, the lack of confidence, is different. His term of confidence is when you think you have arrived, and then hit with adversity, you question yourself if you are that good. Brock knows he's good but at the same time knows he can be better. So that when there's adversity, he doesn't question himself, he just ask what did I do wrong and how can I get better. Never a lack of confidence. With that mind set he's a coaches dream, and will always improved.

Ironic, both Brock and Bosa serious about football, but both approach it differently. For Bosa it's more than a game, it might be his life. Brock all about getting better in football, but dude, it's only a game, why are you all serious Bosa? lol
Share 49ersWebzone