There are 253 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Brock Purdy credits source of strength in 49ers' comeback win over Lions

Reflecting on his NFL journey and its influence on the team's second-half comeback, Purdy shared his thoughts with reporters after the game.

"Yeah, honestly. I think it's a testament to God and where he's taken me in life," Purdy said. "I've never been the biggest, fastest, strongest, any of that. I feel like I've always had to sort of fight for what I get, work for what I get. But God's always given me an opportunity, whether that was in high school, college, then obviously, in the NFL.

"Getting drafted last, people overlook you, that kind of stuff. All you need is an opportunity and watch and see what he does. I put my faith and trust in Him. He's gotten me to where I'm at."

This faith carried into the second half of the game against the Lions with a Super Bowl berth on the line.

"When I'm down 17 at half, 'All right, God, you've taken me here, win or lose, I'm going to glorify you,'" Purdy continued. "That's my peace, that is the joy, the steadfastness. That is where I get it from. That is the honest truth. I leaned into that. Sure enough, we were able to come back."

jesus christ

Let the Intolerance flow bro. Be mad.

Yeah what's the deal with a few posters getting so triggered by this? Purdy believes in God and idolizes Jesus - and this is a bad thing? Would it be better if he was glorifying himself and acting like an immature idiot, as so many other young players do? We are very lucky to have someone with his head on straight, setting an example for today's generation that seems to be completely lost spiritually.

I don't care if our QB believes in Hercules. Brock is the type of QB we need, like you said, he has his head on straight. Let him gather inspiration from wherever he needs to. Just fine by me.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Koldo:
ha

Alex is such a class act.

is that a real quote

Yes. I watched him say it. Alex is awesome.

Reflecting on his NFL journey and its influence on the team's second-half comeback, Purdy shared his thoughts with reporters after the game.

"Yeah, honestly. I think it's a testament to God and where he's taken me in life," Purdy said. "I've never been the biggest, fastest, strongest, any of that. I feel like I've always had to sort of fight for what I get, work for what I get. But God's always given me an opportunity, whether that was in high school, college, then obviously, in the NFL.

"Getting drafted last, people overlook you, that kind of stuff. All you need is an opportunity and watch and see what he does. I put my faith and trust in Him. He's gotten me to where I'm at."

This faith carried into the second half of the game against the Lions with a Super Bowl berth on the line.

"When I'm down 17 at half, 'All right, God, you've taken me here, win or lose, I'm going to glorify you,'" Purdy continued. "That's my peace, that is the joy, the steadfastness. That is where I get it from. That is the honest truth. I leaned into that. Sure enough, we were able to come back."

jesus christ

#amen #allglorytoallah
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Don't think Brock lack confidence going into the NFL. He knew he can play in the NFL. What Bosa was talking about, the lack of confidence, is different. His term of confidence is when you think you have arrived, and then hit with adversity, you question yourself if you are that good. Brock knows he's good but at the same time knows he can be better. So that when there's adversity, he doesn't question himself, he just ask what did I do wrong and how can I get better. Never a lack of confidence. With that mind set he's a coaches dream, and will always improved.

Ironic, both Brock and Bosa serious about football, but both approach it differently. For Bosa it's more than a game, it might be his life. Brock all about getting better in football, but dude, it's only a game, why are you all serious Bosa? lol

I think they both take their craft very serious and it's the most important thing to them. They're students of the game who are constantly trying to get better - it's just different positions and responsibilities.

this is an amazing duo to have together at such a young age.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
ha

is that a real quote

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:

jesus christ

Yeah what's the deal with a few posters getting so triggered by this? Purdy believes in God and idolizes Jesus - and this is a bad thing? Would it be better if he was glorifying himself and acting like an immature idiot, as so many other young players do? We are very lucky to have someone with his head on straight, setting an example for today's generation that seems to be completely lost spiritually.

I don't care if our QB believes in Hercules. Brock is the type of QB we need, like you said, he has his head on straight. Let him gather inspiration from wherever he needs to. Just fine by me.

Well if he said he gets his inspiration from the devil, I don't think it would be a wholesome message. But I understand what you're saying.
ha

is that a real quote

I don't know

jesus christ

Go to Hell bro.

I appreciate that Brock is grounded and not a D-bag. His goodness comes from within, not from outside.

Many folks who subscribe to a religion, as well as many who do not, are in actuality just D-bags.
Originally posted by father49er:
ha

is that a real quote

Amazin
wonder who Alex is rooting for in the big game..

Originally posted by father49er:
ha

is that a real quote

Amazin
wonder who Alex is rooting for in the big game..

Alex already said we basically don't have a chance in this game due to our defense.

[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jan 31, 2024 at 11:29 AM ]

he said that KC is going to win, eff him.
Can't wait for dirty Purdy to put a ring on it!
Lol it's kinda ugh that ppl are so turned off by comments that have been made at several trophy presentations past. You guys have seen past Lombardi/Conference Trophy winning speeches no? Tons of players believe in Jesus and have for a long time..who cares? And why comment now? BP has been outspoken about his faith his entire career. He isn't the only Christian on the roster either, I believe CMC is too..I think some others, we gonna get on CMC now? Who the heck cares.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

he said that KC is going to win, eff him.

Maybe he's still sour about Jim trading him to KC for two 2nd round picks.
Share 49ersWebzone