LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 140 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by pdc20:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see cam Newton was doubling down about Brock being a game manager. What a clown

IIRC he said that there's 10 players more important on the team than Purdy.
Cam is trying to stay relevant by hating on Mr Irrelevant.
He's so jealous that's beautiful.

Only time he made it to the Super Bowl he had 10 pro-bowlers on his team

His MLB was the best person on that team. Lol I've always believed, and always will, that he didn't deserve that MVP. It should of went to Brady - he had an insane amount of injuries on his team and had a great season, almost took them to the super bowl.

brady was the ONLY player on their offense to start every game that year.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Von Miller owned him also
Super Bowls define you

That Broncos defense was crazy good.

Cam will never live down his effort on that loose ball though. That was really pathetic.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Super Bowls define you

Cam will never live down his effort on that loose ball though. That was really pathetic.

Ya I was about to say, that looked so terrible. Which was really weird, because Cam was not a guy that scared of contact
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Ya I was about to say, that looked so terrible. Which was really weird, because Cam was not a guy that scared of contact

Cam's being an idiot here, and that play was beyond embarrassing, but he was so damn good that season overall.
Super Bowls define you

The flip side to that is that the Panthers had an excellent defense that year, as well. Except Manning could barely throw. He was an excellent game manager though.

that's the difference between winning and losing the big dance.
SCAM Newton acting up again. He got kicked out of the league because he was an interception machine and can't "manage a game." He's a clown hat with CLOWN TAKES. He can't play in the league anymore. He can't even get a legitimate radio show. He does his own little podcast. He can't get on ESPN or FS1. Not legitimate enough. He's jealous as hell and a has been. He had tons of talent on that team and wasn't always their best player.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 31, 2024 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
The flip side to that is that the Panthers had an excellent defense that year, as well. Except Manning could barely throw. He was an excellent game manager though.

They definitely did. They had it for years. 15 they were able to pair it with just a monster season from Cam.

Caught up in the bowl though. Cam had the embarrassing effort play and was also strip sacked by Miller for a TD.

One of the biggest SB bets I made (and won).
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
With how athletic Purdy is, I am honestly surprised Shanahan hasn't installed at least a few veer/option plays for him. Andy Reid did it with both Alex Smith and Mahomes. I think Purdy could do it no problem too.

Shanahan is not about to take his Maserati to a hill climb on dirt.

That being said, KC will have to take a long look at those three scrambles he put on film agains the Lions. The threat of Purdy scrambling should slow down KCs LBs just a bit and allow some work to be done behind them.

They definitely did. They had it for years. 15 they were able to pair it with just a monster season from Cam.

Caught up in the bowl though. Cam had the embarrassing effort play and was also strip sacked by Miller for a TD.

One of the biggest SB bets I made (and won).

Lol same, I rarely bet, but I guaranteed all my friends that cam would lose it.

i knew bum arm manning had a better chance of managing against that awesome panthers defense than cam did against that awesome bronco defense. Cam wasn't that kind of player - he didn't play the game line a chess match, IMO.

Lol same, I rarely bet, but I guaranteed all my friends that cam would lose it.

i knew bum arm manning had a better chance of managing against that awesome panthers defense than cam did against that awesome bronco defense. Cam wasn't that kind of player - he didn't play the game line a chess match, IMO.

I mean I personally think the Broncos defense was one of the best ever. I think they're beating a lot of great offenses.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Everyone is going to say that KC is going to win, so get used to it. This is 1984 all over again. Back then it was the Niners vs. the amazing Dan Marino and the Dolphins. How could the 49ers possibly stop them? It will be the same narrative this year.
Where's Coach Walsh photo lying down talking about Miami back in the day.

Mike Walter, #99, one of the best linebackers the 49ers have ever had.
Purdy awesome Brock!
Third youngest QB to a Superbowl ever.
1) Dan Marino, Dolphins (23 years, 127 days)
2)Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (23 years, 340 days)
3) Brock Purdy, 49ers (24 years, 46 days)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
With how athletic Purdy is, I am honestly surprised Shanahan hasn't installed at least a few veer/option plays for him. Andy Reid did it with both Alex Smith and Mahomes. I think Purdy could do it no problem too.

That's a hard pass for me. He's not a runner so much as he is a good scrambler who has good awareness/vision allowing him to pick spots to use his legs. Plus he takes enough hits in the normal course of our pass game.

Purdy knows when to run as well. There's no need to add more rush attempts. If our OL is getting killed and the defense is in man, he will take off.

Having said that... I would like to see some more boot action this game when the defense allows it. Just get him going one way and we know he's capable of adlibbing on those types of plays for big gains.

Agree, and Brock has two runners he can hand off to in Deebo and CMC. He can fake it to Deebo (on a jet sweep) and get it to CMC and Visca versa. No need to put Brock in danger of getting hit again on that elbow.
nm
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 31, 2024 at 4:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone