There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Luke Kuechly was like the CMC of Linebackers

Coaches son, student of the game, high motor, sneaky athletic
Originally posted by titan:
I get roasted by my crew when I tell them Brock is a shorter more athletic Eli Manning. They hate Eli, but I don't so I'm good if Brock's career turns out to be like Eli.

2011 Eli had one of the best playoff runs ever. Then a year later the 49ers would run into Joe Flacco having one of the best playoff runs ever.

Need Purdy to go off like both of those guys did in those years.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Luke Kuechly was like the CMC of Linebackers

Coaches son, student of the game, high motor, sneaky athletic

Scrappy, good fundamentals, high IQ, plays with heart, brings his lunch pail to work every day.
49ers quarterback Brock Purdy will become the third-youngest starting quarterback in Super Bowl history and has two game-winning drives in two postseason games. Purdy was also a Pro Bowl selection this season and led the NFL in touchdown rate (7.0%), passer rating (113.0), and QBR (72.8).

The 49ers led the NFL in yards per play (6.6), yards per drive (37.8), red zone efficiency (67.2%), and points per drive (2.70) this season. San Francisco also landed in the top three in points per game (28.9), scoring percentage (45.3% of drives), total yards per game (398.4), first downs (383), passing touchdowns (33), rushing yards per game (140.5), and rushing touchdowns (27) over 17 regular season games.
I get roasted by my crew when I tell them Brock is a shorter more athletic Eli Manning. They hate Eli, but I don't so I'm good if Brock's career turns out to be like Eli.

I'd love two Super Bowls, but if he has the same success outside of those two seasons, it would be pretty disappointing. He literally never won a playoff game outside of those two seasons. So it wasn't like they were annual contenders - they shocked everyone on both of those runs. That sounds like a pretty disappointing 15 year stretch as a fAn.

you're literally the first person I've ever heard say they liked Eli. Lmao I'd much rather take a career like Payton.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 31, 2024 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
49ers quarterback Brock Purdy will become the third-youngest starting quarterback in Super Bowl history and has two game-winning drives in two postseason games. Purdy was also a Pro Bowl selection this season and led the NFL in touchdown rate (7.0%), passer rating (113.0), and QBR (72.8).

The 49ers led the NFL in yards per play (6.6), yards per drive (37.8), red zone efficiency (67.2%), and points per drive (2.70) this season. San Francisco also landed in the top three in points per game (28.9), scoring percentage (45.3% of drives), total yards per game (398.4), first downs (383), passing touchdowns (33), rushing yards per game (140.5), and rushing touchdowns (27) over 17 regular season games.

That's all with that bum week 17 game without most of our starters. Then again, a lot of teams did that. So I guess it evens out.
Nick Bosa is in awe of what Brock Purdy is doing. The NFL's reigning Defensive Player of the Year shared that with his quarterback following the San Francisco 49ers' come-from-behind win over the Detroit Lions in the NFC Championship.

"Bro, the fact that you are doing this blows my mind," Bosa told Purdy in a celebratory 49ers locker room.
"All of us, bro," a smiling Purdy said in response.

If that quote from Purdy wasn't cool enough, what he said when Bosa asked if he expected to be this good really speaks volumes about the player who was the last selection in the 2022 NFL Draft.
"Honestly, I could do better bro," Purdy said.

Purdy's mindset appears to be similar to the one Tom Brady had during his legendary career. A former sixth-round pick, Brady didn't let his draft status define him. During his first meeting with Robert Kraft, Brady told him that drafting him was the best decision the Patriots ever made. It's safe to say that Kraft agrees with that statement now.

No, I'm not saying that Purdy will go on and become the next Brady. But Purdy's mindset suggests that he won't be satisfied by what he's already accomplished, and that he will continue to push the limits of his ability.
  • titan
  • Veteran

I'd love two Super Bowls, but if he has the same success outside of those two seasons, it would be pretty disappointing. He literally never won a playoff game outside of those two seasons. So it wasn't like they were annual contenders - they shocked everyone on both of those runs. That sounds like a pretty disappointing 15 year stretch as a fAn.

you're literally the first person I've ever heard say they liked Eli. Lmao I'd much rather take a career like Payton.

Everyone would love a Peyton Manning and his career. I would love to compare Brock's game to Peyton, but in my eyes Brock has more of Eli's demeanor. Though Peyton is the prototype QB with the exciting numbers, Eli got his rings with less talent around him and did it with 1 team.

Everyone would love a Peyton Manning and his career. I would love to compare Brock's game to Peyton, but in my eyes Brock has more of Eli's demeanor. Though Peyton is the prototype QB with the exciting numbers, Eli got his rings with less talent around him and did it with 1 team.

I'm hoping for a lot more than Eli. We will see. I just want a damn super bowl and that may happen in 10 days!

im just saying that as a fan, ona year to year basis, it would be boring af and really sad if we only won a playoff game twice in 15+ years. Lol and only made the playoffs like 5 times.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 31, 2024 at 7:32 PM ]

Just watched Jimmy miss a wide open Kittle on 3rd down in the 3rd Q of SB54 (replay on NFLN). Got the field goal though. I'm hoping they pull it out!
Jimmy! If only he was about 5% more accurate.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Just watched Jimmy miss a wide open Kittle on 3rd down in the 3rd Q of SB54 (replay on NFLN). Got the field goal though. I'm hoping they pull it out!

That game was there for the taking, jimmy really screwed us. Hopefully our defense can hold up and offense not turn the ball over.

Brock has never shown the inconsistency to be compared to Eli. Maybe if he starts have subpar seasons, then Eli would be an apt comparison. The book has only just begun for Brock so why not go with what we know, which is elite play until he proves otherwise.

what part is interesting?
Share 49ersWebzone