There are 137 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by tankle104:

what part is interesting?

I think it's a shot at the idiots who are saying Purdy is the same as Jimmy.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just watched Jimmy miss a wide open Kittle on 3rd down in the 3rd Q of SB54 (replay on NFLN). Got the field goal though. I'm hoping they pull it out!

Not having a tier one OL cost us that game. Every wide open missed throw was because of that and nothing else.
Brock can define himself forever in this game.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

One way or the other, he will.
It doesn't define him forever. It's not a finished career. Mahomes is super tough to beat. We will give it our best. I hope we win this one. But if we do fall Brock and this team could still be back in future years. Obviously I would rather win this one. Because it's so tough to get to the Super Bowl. It's not some easy gimmie task to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl though.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 31, 2024 at 8:53 PM ]
It is Super Tough but that's why it's called the Super Bowl. Lol.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It doesn't define him forever. It's not a finished career. Mahomes is super tough to beat. We will give it our best. I hope we win this one. But if we do fall Brock and this team could still be back in future years. Obviously I would rather win this one. Because it's so tough to get to the Super Bowl. It's not some easy gimmie task to beat Mahomes and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl though.

QBs that lose their first Super Bowl almost never make it back and win. Only 3 have done it and none since Elway. It's likely now or never.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

QBs that lose their first Super Bowl almost never make it back and win. Only 3 have done it and none since Elway. It's likely now or never.

Elway as you say did it. It can be done. For the people who like to criticize Elway he really didn't have great teams early. He didn't have the running game and defense to win. Just teams that he dragged there by himself. Which weren't good enough to win. Later with especially the great running game and TD he proved he could win. A whole team matters. Even to big stars like Elway.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just watched Jimmy miss a wide open Kittle on 3rd down in the 3rd Q of SB54 (replay on NFLN). Got the field goal though. I'm hoping they pull it out!

Not having a tier one OL cost us that game. Every wide open missed throw was because of that and nothing else.

Not having a clean pocket didn't help but jimmy also wasn't good enough to overcome it, but that leads back to what I had issues with in how precious teams of ours were built (even harbaughs) - everytbing had to go perfect to win it all, which almost never happens in the playoffs.

Every team has flaws and you're playing the best of the best at this stage, so you can't expect everything to be perfect every snap, especially qb. Jimmy just wasn't good enough to overcome any adversity.

i liked jimmy and didn't think as bad of him as others do/did but it's just the reality, he wasn't good enough. If jimmy/Alex were on this team, we lose in the first round, IMO.

the good news is we don't Have them and Brock is balling. Can't wait for this chip to be ours!
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That's not the reason it's now or never, more so because after next year they have to pay him real money. Additionally, this is the year that the law of averages has kept the team as healthy as anyone could ask for.

No he cannot but KC can officially say they are a Dynasty in my opinion. We must stop that for another year.
This is the year folks. Don't stress.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

i cant take another sb loss!!!!
Nick Bosa is in awe of what Brock Purdy is doing. The NFL's reigning Defensive Player of the Year shared that with his quarterback following the San Francisco 49ers' come-from-behind win over the Detroit Lions in the NFC Championship.

"Bro, the fact that you are doing this blows my mind," Bosa told Purdy in a celebratory 49ers locker room.
"All of us, bro," a smiling Purdy said in response.

If that quote from Purdy wasn't cool enough, what he said when Bosa asked if he expected to be this good really speaks volumes about the player who was the last selection in the 2022 NFL Draft.
"Honestly, I could do better bro," Purdy said.

Purdy's mindset appears to be similar to the one Tom Brady had during his legendary career. A former sixth-round pick, Brady didn't let his draft status define him. During his first meeting with Robert Kraft, Brady told him that drafting him was the best decision the Patriots ever made. It's safe to say that Kraft agrees with that statement now.

No, I'm not saying that Purdy will go on and become the next Brady. But Purdy's mindset suggests that he won't be satisfied by what he's already accomplished, and that he will continue to push the limits of his ability.

At the end of that clip, it appeared that Bosa was almost frustrated that Purdy didn't just say "Thank you for the compliment."

Love the clip though.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Exactly.
Share 49ersWebzone