Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This is the year folks. Don't stress.

i cant take another sb loss!!!!

IM ON THE EDGE MAN! MY HEART CANT TAKE ANOTHER! If our season goes down the drain, I go off the cliff!!

There's always next year if that happens.
I prefer "Wonder Boy Brock" 😏

I like that lol

IM ON THE EDGE MAN! MY HEART CANT TAKE ANOTHER! If our season goes down the drain, I go off the cliff!!

Just party extra hard in Vegas and your sorrows will ease some ..some lol
Originally posted by Giedi:

Hahaha I'm just playing around. I'll just be heart broken and won't be able to look at anything football for a few months but I'll get over it.

Hahaha I'm just playing around. I'll just be heart broken and won't be able to look at anything football for a few months but I'll get over it.

Yeah I know what to do if we lose since I'm used to it.

I don't know what to do if we win though. Will I be still be involved with football all year long?
Greg Cosell said Purdy needs to get back to his pre playoff form. He's been missing open receivers that he rarely missed during the season. Not just on his throws. He's missed seeing guys that were open and thrown to players not as wide open. Is it nerves or are the defenses just getting to him.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Greg Cosell said Purdy needs to get back to his pre playoff form. He's been missing open receivers that he rarely missed during the season. Not just on his throws. He's missed seeing guys that were open and thrown to players not as wide open. Is it nerves or are the defenses just getting to him.

Playoff defenses are quite different then the regular season.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

i go to every game hes missed a few but honestly it isn't to much more in regular season every QB misses open guys because its just the way QB goes through progression.

In GB game he missed an open guy down the sideline i forgot what he did instead i think it was a pass to JJ.

This past game he missed an open Deebo for a TD it was one of the plays that ended in a sack ( the drive where we settled for a FG to go up by 3)
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

This AND i suspect there is an element of timidness post-ravens game.

He used to pull the trigger a hair earlier.

He is at his best slinging it but the magnitude of playoff games has got to be restricting him a bit.

Also you your point good defenses are starting to figure out looks that slow his processing down.

The good news is his is a bad ass and he is learning how to make people pay dearly for trying to scheme on him.

I agree. He has been a tad timid compared to what we normally see the last two games. Although, I know there was a play he had Deebo on a cross against detroit near the goal line, but chose to run it because by the time he finished his throw/motion the defender may have been in his face and disrupted it by how he was pushing the o lineman back towards Purdy. Pretty wild instincts to me that I believe he sensed that and ran.

I think the early pressure and interception in the Detroit game changed his clock a bit and he wasn't as patient/rushed on some plays where he actually did have the time. GB played very good defense as well. And now he will face a much better defense than those two. He should expect a Ravens game type of effort from KC defense and just assume pressure, but trust his instincts and still try to kill them lol

I hope we get beast Purdy from snap one!
Originally posted by Crown:

This AND i suspect there is an element of timidness post-ravens game.

He used to pull the trigger a hair earlier.

He is at his best slinging it but the magnitude of playoff games has got to be restricting him a bit.

Also you your point good defenses are starting to figure out looks that slow his processing down.

The good news is his is a bad ass and he is learning how to make people pay dearly for trying to scheme on him.

Yes all of this. We need beast Purdy. I hope Kyle says something to him that just triggers that mofo the right way.

Its the SB. There will come a play(s) where he MUST make the play of find something when its not there. We will find out if he is that guy or not. I have high hopes for him.
This is a big game for Brock. Many players are good during the season in games without so much pressure. Big matchups are the real test and they don't get any bigger than this. Time for him to step up and shine.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I agree. He has been a tad timid compared to what we normally see the last two games. Although, I know there was a play he had Deebo on a cross against detroit near the goal line, but chose to run it because by the time he finished his throw/motion the defender may have been in his face and disrupted it by how he was pushing the o lineman back towards Purdy. Pretty wild instincts to me that I believe he sensed that and ran.

I think the early pressure and interception in the Detroit game changed his clock a bit and he wasn't as patient/rushed on some plays where he actually did have the time. GB played very good defense as well. And now he will face a much better defense than those two. He should expect a Ravens game type of effort from KC defense and just assume pressure, but trust his instincts and still try to kill them lol

I hope we get beast Purdy from snap one!

Yes that makes sense. You will get elite pass defenses in the playoffs. Specially in pass-rushing pressure. Lamar couldn't make the processing speed jump that Brock did in the 2nd half of the Lions game.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Yeah I know what to do if we lose since I'm used to it.

I don't know what to do if we win though. Will I be still be involved with football all year long?
For the first time in forever, I have not lost faith at any point during the playoffs. Not down against GB. Not down against the Loins. Knew they would win. Same with SB. It's time.
Share 49ersWebzone