Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
This is the year folks. Don't stress.

i cant take another sb loss!!!!

IM ON THE EDGE MAN! MY HEART CANT TAKE ANOTHER! If our season goes down the drain, I go off the cliff!!

There's always next year if that happens.

Hahaha I'm just playing around. I'll just be heart broken and won't be able to look at anything football for a few months but I'll get over it.

Yeah I know what to do if we lose since I'm used to it.

I don't know what to do if we win though. Will I be still be involved with football all year long?
For the first time in forever, I have not lost faith at any point during the playoffs. Not down against GB. Not down against the Loins. Knew they would win. Same with SB. It's time.

Sometimes it's just your time. I've said before that big games between top teams often come down to mistakes and breaks.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Playoff defenses are quite different then the regular season.

i go to every game hes missed a few but honestly it isn't to much more in regular season every QB misses open guys because its just the way QB goes through progression.

In GB game he missed an open guy down the sideline i forgot what he did instead i think it was a pass to JJ.

This past game he missed an open Deebo for a TD it was one of the plays that ended in a sack ( the drive where we settled for a FG to go up by 3)

Pressure seems to be getting to him faster during the playoffs so he's been quicker to get off the reads. If the o-line gives him another 1/4 seconds, I think he hits more open receivers.
Kyle needs to take the pressure off Brock a bit by committing strongly to the run against the chiefs. Unlike the Ravens, the chiefs defense is vulnerable against the run. They will of course will try to do all they can to prevent CMC from beating them, but that will mean that they will be spending resources to do so, opening up opportunities in the pass game. The game plan needs to be the inverse of the packers game, where it seemed like Kyle was attempting to attack their strength which wasn't very effective and put Brock in a funk.

Attack the weakness of the defense, especially if it's their run D. If they overcommit, then there will be openings for easier opportunities in the pass for Brock, getting him into rhythm.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Feb 1, 2024 at 8:29 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Greg Cosell said Purdy needs to get back to his pre playoff form. He's been missing open receivers that he rarely missed during the season. Not just on his throws. He's missed seeing guys that were open and thrown to players not as wide open. Is it nerves or are the defenses just getting to him.

This AND i suspect there is an element of timidness post-ravens game.

He used to pull the trigger a hair earlier.

He is at his best slinging it but the magnitude of playoff games has got to be restricting him a bit.

Also you your point good defenses are starting to figure out looks that slow his processing down.

The good news is his is a bad ass and he is learning how to make people pay dearly for trying to scheme on him.

Yes all of this. We need beast Purdy. I hope Kyle says something to him that just triggers that mofo the right way.

Its the SB. There will come a play(s) where he MUST make the play of find something when its not there. We will find out if he is that guy or not. I have high hopes for him.

Brock might have been a bit uncomfortable early in the past two playoff games. He nearly threw an INT vs GB early in the game and he admitted it spooked him. Then playing from behind vs DET, perhaps he was pressing. That may explain him missing a few early open targets that Cossell is referencing.

Agree on the bolded. Brock needs to unleash his legs in the SB. We saw it vs DET and it's an x-factor to the SF offense. Embrace playing out of structure if the situation presents itself. Give KC a bit of their own medicine like when Mahomes does it. The big difference is when Brock plays out of structure, he has YAC beasts waiting to get the ball.
For the first time in forever, I have not lost faith at any point during the playoffs. Not down against GB. Not down against the Loins. Knew they would win. Same with SB. It's time.

I lost faith in the defense..never the offense..never in BP..because BP
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock might have been a bit uncomfortable early in the past two playoff games. He nearly threw an INT vs GB early in the game and he admitted it spooked him. Then playing from behind vs DET, perhaps he was pressing. That may explain him missing a few early open targets that Cossell is referencing.

Agree on the bolded. Brock needs to unleash his legs in the SB. We saw it vs DET and it's an x-factor to the SF offense. Embrace playing out of structure if the situation presents itself. Give KC a bit of their own medicine like when Mahomes does it. The big difference is when Brock plays out of structure, he has YAC beasts waiting to get the ball.

Yep, I think that chat he had with Steve had an effect:). Just hope he slides a bit more.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Greg Cosell said Purdy needs to get back to his pre playoff form. He's been missing open receivers that he rarely missed during the season. Not just on his throws. He's missed seeing guys that were open and thrown to players not as wide open. Is it nerves or are the defenses just getting to him.

This AND i suspect there is an element of timidness post-ravens game.

He used to pull the trigger a hair earlier.

He is at his best slinging it but the magnitude of playoff games has got to be restricting him a bit.

Also you your point good defenses are starting to figure out looks that slow his processing down.

The good news is his is a bad ass and he is learning how to make people pay dearly for trying to scheme on him.

Yes all of this. We need beast Purdy. I hope Kyle says something to him that just triggers that mofo the right way.

Its the SB. There will come a play(s) where he MUST make the play of find something when its not there. We will find out if he is that guy or not. I have high hopes for him.

Yes and him being spooked isn't detrimental imo. Him admitting it is mature, and we forget its his 4th playoff game and second season. That being said. Now is the time to let it rip and trust your gut as he's had fantastic experience to build on. He is the type to do it as well.

Also imo, not just his legs. There will be a play or two where Kyle gets him a guy open deep. He needs to see that and hit that. The moment Jimmy missed Sanders I knew he wasn't him. And said he will never do it for us. Sadly I was right. But that is sports. Brock has stepped up so much I believe he has that clutch in him. We shall see.
Originally posted by Montana:

This I literally said it doesn't matter if Brock goes off and the defense repeats the first half... yeah I was furious at the d lol. It truly is a team sport. Miracles happen!
Originally posted by Montana:

This I literally said it doesn't matter if Brock goes off and the defense repeats the first half... yeah I was furious at the d lol. It truly is a team sport. Miracles happen!

Dre. Warner. Bosa. We good.
KC led the league in tipped passes, we gotta protect Brock and his golden arm. I wonder if they have Brock rollout right and throw on the run for a few.
#BLOCK4BROCK

CHILLS
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
This is the year folks. Don't stress.

i cant take another sb loss!!!!

IM ON THE EDGE MAN! MY HEART CANT TAKE ANOTHER! If our season goes down the drain, I go off the cliff!!

There's always next year if that happens.

Hahaha I'm just playing around. I'll just be heart broken and won't be able to look at anything football for a few months but I'll get over it.

Yeah I know what to do if we lose since I'm used to it.

I don't know what to do if we win though. Will I be still be involved with football all year long?

With this statement, and when it comes true, you will be officially the best lawyer ever! LOL!
Originally posted by BP13:
KC led the league in tipped passes, we gotta protect Brock and his golden arm. I wonder if they have Brock rollout right and throw on the run for a few.
#BLOCK4BROCK

This is what I'm saying, put him in shotgun or get him on the move with bootlegs and play action. Sprint option plays. Get Chris Jones moving laterally from the first snap, wear his ass out! Don't just let him rush upfield and get into Brock's face. Kyle has got to have PTSD from that dude tipping passes in the last Owl. He'll game plan for this!
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
CHILLS

Just want that clip to be longer though lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by BP13:
#BLOCK4BROCK

This is what I'm saying, put him in shotgun or get him on the move with bootlegs and play action. Sprint option plays. Get Chris Jones moving laterally from the first snap, wear his ass out! Don't just let him rush upfield and get into Brock's face. Kyle has got to have PTSD from that dude tipping passes in the last Owl. He'll game plan for this!

KC leading the league in tipped passes? Is that a stat that only includes batted passes a the LoS, or does that stat also include tipped passes by coverage defenders (LB/DB)?
Share 49ersWebzone