LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 239 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Depending on how true this is, respect for Kyle for being so honest. I mean it looks better if Trey actually became the guy, but hey Kyle knows QB better than a lot of coaches so it's obvious now that he's right.

Also if this quote hits nationally its gonna look bad for Trey. Which I still don't want for him cause he does seem like a genuinely good person. But this is the nfl and if he for some reason becomes the starter for Dallas at some point he will face harsher criticism with that star on his helmet.

I've always said, and still believe, that Kyle isn't very good at scouting college QBs. I think he's good at evaluating a qb when he's infront of him and trying to operate in his system, has him in practice/camp.

it's all perspective. I don't view it as a knock on Trey. If you do, then you have to think it's a knock on jimmy and sudfield too (have to remember jimmy wasn't in camp). I view it as more of a compliment to Brock.

ppeople have always joked KS is the ideal QB for his system bc he knows where the ball should go

I think QB processor is the trait that matters most for KS system...and you can't evaluate that on tape apparently

Purdy has elite elite processing skills pre and post snap....way better than Trey or JG

Depending on how true this is, respect for Kyle for being so honest. I mean it looks better if Trey actually became the guy, but hey Kyle knows QB better than a lot of coaches so it's obvious now that he's right.

Also if this quote hits nationally its gonna look bad for Trey. Which I still don't want for him cause he does seem like a genuinely good person. But this is the nfl and if he for some reason becomes the starter for Dallas at some point he will face harsher criticism with that star on his helmet.

I've always said, and still believe, that Kyle isn't very good at scouting college QBs. I think he's good at evaluating a qb when he's infront of him and trying to operate in his system, has him in practice/camp.

it's all perspective. I don't view it as a knock on Trey. If you do, then you have to think it's a knock on jimmy and sudfield too (have to remember jimmy wasn't in camp). I view it as more of a compliment to Brock.

I mean you don't knock it against Trey, but I'm sure lovely media heads on espn will, and casual fans will bury Trey even further down. I mean that's the nature of the nfl, so it's not so surprising. And yeah it's a knock on both of those guys too. Jimmy shown he's average to below average, and idk where sudfeld is now.
Originally posted by Jcool:

BRB, buying a Toyota

BRB, buying a Toyota

Don't you mean BCB
I mean you don't knock it against Trey, but I'm sure lovely media heads on espn will, and casual fans will bury Trey even further down. I mean that's the nature of the nfl, so it's not so surprising. And yeah it's a knock on both of those guys too. Jimmy shown he's average to below average, and idk where sudfeld is now.

Hahaha he's actually on the lions.

i just think Brock is special. I've felt that since the Miami game. You don't do what he did, especially at this point, without having some special traits. Trey has a serious uphill battle and this doesn't help him. I'm curious if the cowboys move Trey

Sudfeld suffered season-ending injury pre-season. Would have been back-up to Goff.
Amy Trask apologized for her nonsensical comments when there was 8 teams left in the playoffs, except she really didn't apologize. So what the f**k was her point?
I think with SCAM Newton it's a lot of these.

* He's hurt and jealous.
* He still thinks he can play. Newton is angry at the league for himself fading away.
* He thinks his style of play is the only way to play QB. Be 6'6" 250 lbs. and slam into the pile to run guys over. Plus have some speed. But there are many different styles and types. I think his bias is towards his type of QB. Like himself. That's how he evaluates.

I heard somewhere Brock has more playoff wins than Cam Newton. Not sure on that. But LOL. Cam also struggled a lot at things Brock is great at. Processing, reads and progressions, decision making, getting the ball out quick, great mechanics and throwing accuracy. He honestly wasn't great at those which Brock is. Thus the jealousy and overly nit picking that he does. He was just a big bulldozer with some speed. When the injuries and age piled up he faded away. Because he couldn't do the more important things well.

What a joke being on a good team too. He had 10 Pro Bowlers around him. Like he doesn't recognize he was on a good team. I remember that defense being great and especially the secondary. Holding down the other team. He was not doing it by himself. Not by a longshot. He's just so unrealistic about what he had.

Damn lol! This thread got wild!🤪

hahaha I knew I was right about them getting a ring. And we were right thay players didn't give an eff about it

Am I the only one that just noticed Jed's new hair? How long as he not been bald? LOL

hahaha I knew I was right about them getting a ring. And we were right thay players didn't give an eff about it

That ring might as well have been something they found in a crackerjack box Lol.

Get that endorsement money, Brock!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Amy Trask apologized for her nonsensical comments when there was 8 teams left in the playoffs, except she really didn't apologize. So what the f**k was her point?

Let's forgive and forget we all have takes we probably could eloquate a lil better
is that a word, eloquate?
Share 49ersWebzone