LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 102 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"'I think our third-string quarterback is our best quarterback,'" York shared about what he heard from Shanahan ahead of the 2022 season, per David Bonilla of 49ers WebZone. "I'm like, 'Okay, what does that mean?' He's like, 'Well, obviously, we've invested in Trey. Trey is doing a good job. We're going to do everything that we can. We're not going to change that, and we're not going to change the depth chart, but I think Brock will end up being our quarterback at some point.'"

Purdy entered the NFL as the final pick of the 2022 draft and began his rookie season as San Francisco's third-choice option. He unexpectedly rose to the top of the depth chart in early December 2022 when both Lance and Garoppolo were sidelined with season-ending injuries, and it took Purdy fewer than three full games to cause Shanahan to re-think the club's long-term plans.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
"'I think our third-string quarterback is our best quarterback,'" York shared about what he heard from Shanahan ahead of the 2022 season, per David Bonilla of 49ers WebZone. "I'm like, 'Okay, what does that mean?' He's like, 'Well, obviously, we've invested in Trey. Trey is doing a good job. We're going to do everything that we can. We're not going to change that, and we're not going to change the depth chart, but I think Brock will end up being our quarterback at some point.'"

Purdy entered the NFL as the final pick of the 2022 draft and began his rookie season as San Francisco's third-choice option. He unexpectedly rose to the top of the depth chart in early December 2022 when both Lance and Garoppolo were sidelined with season-ending injuries, and it took Purdy fewer than three full games to cause Shanahan to re-think the club's long-term plans.

It was obvious in the preseason games he had the swagger and had something. Even that early.

He was extending plays and keeping his eyes down field.
Andy Reid shared a few thoughts on Brock Purdy, which included a recollection of what he saw when Purdy played at Iowa State University. Purdy had a lasting impact during his days as a four-year starter at Iowa State -- an impact Reid says has carried over into the NFL.

"He's a heck of a player," Reid said. "I remember specifically one of the Saturday afternoons watching him in college, and I remember the head coach saying, 'This guy has changed our program.' Changing a program, that's big. And that's what he is. He's doing that in the National Football League. Last week he did as much with his legs as he did with his arm. He ran the ball well. He's a good football player. He's smart, has a great feel for thing
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Nice!

"Let's go places" like Las Vegas!

It seems like it was one of those deals where "I can't describe what I want but I'll know it when I see it."

Shanahan knew it earlier than anyone else realized. Peter King's story was insightful.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 1, 2024 at 7:37 PM ]
Good news Taylor Swift will be performing in Japan on the same weekend as the Super Bowl, so she won't be at the game.
Good news Taylor Swift will be performing in Japan on the same weekend as the Super Bowl, so she won't be at the game.

You are kidding right? No way she would miss that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

She is going to have to fly from Japan and back but hey, that's what first class is for.

It's already been talked about that with the time difference there is no reason she can't make it.

She can easily sleep on the flight back and be at the game with plenty of time to spare. I am sure she'll be there.

My wife is a hardcore Swiftie so of course I had to know this ..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 1, 2024 at 7:30 PM ]

It's Kyle telling Jed how he sees the cream rises, not how he want it to go. Kyle got the early front row seat for all of us. Like all of us he was an observer also. He got the early hint of Brock's ability to play qb at a high level. Brock coming up lighting fast in the rearview.

She is going to have to fly from Japan and back but hey, that's what first class is for.

First Class. Lol

She has Her own chartered Jet
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

We covered this earlier lol
Originally posted by LundyLove:

First Class. Lol

She has Her own chartered Jet

Maybe even her own airforce.

Wrong. Someone already did some calculations and since she has a private jet if she leaves after her concert that night she will make it in time for the game. She might miss the opening ceremony.
Share 49ersWebzone