Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Nice!

"Let's go places" like Las Vegas!

Toyota, so reliable and accurate, just like Brock Purdy.
-- Toyota Marketing team probably.

Toyota, we make safety Mr Relevent *closeup shot of Brock driving oft repair Highlander*

Toyota, tough, Brockhard performance Let's Grow Places

preach Sherm
Ham's wardrobe reminds me of Hot Dog on a Stick, it's just what comes to mind lol
Yep wise decision.

Lol remember when ppl were crying and doubting during that 3 game skid? Who was on here saying they loved BP over and over during THAT time? Ahem...me lol While ppl ghosted/doubted/freaked out..I was proclaiming my undying love haha

Hey, gotta toot my own horn sometimes lol

That 3 game losing streak didn't bother me either. I could still see Brock playing at a high level. What really concerns me was the Ravens lost. Those turnovers would kill any confidence of a young qb. Glad he overcame it. But it's the first time I get a sense Brock is fallible. He had been playing so good for so many games, my expectation was becoming unreasonable lol 😆

Has he fully overcome it? He hasn't played as well since then and he's admitted that he's been tentative at times, especially early in games. Greg Cosell pointed out that lately he's been missing some reads that he was making routinely before that game. Something about that game has had some lingering impact on the team.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I remember Tim Ryan reporting on the 2022 training camp about the QBs. He mentioned Jimmy, and Lance, and Sudfeld. Then he said the 49ers have this Brock Purdy kid that they drafted at the end of the draft. The kid is showing some pretty good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat our Sudfeld for a roster spot (my recollection of Ryan's comments).

This sorta maybe explains all the designed runs for Trey?...

or am I?
Absolutely hate Sherman's comments. Because the way he phrases it seems to lend credibility to Cam. He's trying to be nice and not pick too big of a fight with Newton. But at the expense he slights Purdy kind of. Just awful.

Absolutely NOT TRUE that Brock is not one of our most important players. Yes he is. Anyone watch this team for 25+ years at QB? He's the best thing in 25 years at the position. Open your eyes. He's absolutely better than a top 10 most important player on this team. Purdy is one of the top players on the team. This team is not the #1 seed, 2 playoff wins and in the Super Bowl with Sam Darnold. No way.

Top 10 athlete? Or top 10 player? Because even as athlete he's underrated and pretty good at QB. But as for most important players and most valuable he's in the top few. Only Trent Williams could be at the top. He proved he can win without Deebo. Even in the playoffs. Bosa is having a down year. Chase Young is useless.

He's clearly one of the most important players to this team right NOW. Crap like this just lends credibility to Cam and Nick WRONG. Already meatheads on Twitter in comments below his and in the media running with it. Just awful how he said it and it's not true IMO. It didn't have to be worded that soft. He could have stood up for Brock much more. He is having a phenomenal year and career so far. No apologies or detractors are needed.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I remember Tim Ryan reporting on the 2022 training camp about the QBs. He mentioned Jimmy, and Lance, and Sudfeld. Then he said the 49ers have this Brock Purdy kid that they drafted at the end of the draft. The kid is showing some pretty good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat our Sudfeld for a roster spot (my recollection of Ryan's comments).

or am I?

trey couldn't run the normal offense, he was going into his 3rd year and his mechanics were still out of whack

preach Sherm

I want Purdy to win it all for us then go, I think I am a game manager, because I usually don't make game changing plays like not falling on a football. While also giving this face .
"I love what you do for me……BROCK PURDEEEEEEEE!!!"

*jumps in midair freezeframe*

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Absolutely hate Sherman's comments. Because the way he phrases it seems to lend credibility to Cam. He's trying to be nice and not pick too big of a fight with Newton. But at the expense he slights Purdy kind of. Just awful.

Absolutely NOT TRUE that Brock is not one of our most important players. Yes he is. Anyone watch this team for 25+ years at QB? He's the best thing in 25 years at the position. Open your eyes. He's absolutely better than a top 10 most important player on this team. Purdy is one of the top players on the team. This team is not the #1 seed, 2 playoff wins and in the Super Bowl with Sam Darnold. No way.

Top 10 athlete? Or top 10 player? Because even as athlete he's underrated and pretty good at QB. But as for most important players and most valuable he's in the top few. Only Trent Williams could be at the top. He proved he can win without Deebo. Even in the playoffs. Bosa is having a down year. Chase Young is useless.

He's clearly one of the most important players to this team right NOW. Crap like this just lends credibility to Cam and Nick WRONG. Already meatheads on Twitter in comments below his and in the media running with it. Just awful how he said it and it's not true IMO. It didn't have to be worded that soft. He could have stood up for Brock much more. He is having a phenomenal year and career so far. No apologies or detractors are needed.

Expose dem haterz, bro
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

or am I?

trey couldn't run the normal offense, he was going into his 3rd year and his mechanics were still out of whack

No it was his 2nd year and he barely played as a rookie. Having said that he still wasn't grasping and processing either the system or just QB play in general like Brock already was getting very few reps in TC.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Yep wise decision.

Lol remember when ppl were crying and doubting during that 3 game skid? Who was on here saying they loved BP over and over during THAT time? Ahem...me lol While ppl ghosted/doubted/freaked out..I was proclaiming my undying love haha

Hey, gotta toot my own horn sometimes lol

That 3 game losing streak didn't bother me either. I could still see Brock playing at a high level. What really concerns me was the Ravens lost. Those turnovers would kill any confidence of a young qb. Glad he overcame it. But it's the first time I get a sense Brock is fallible. He had been playing so good for so many games, my expectation was becoming unreasonable lol 😆

Has he fully overcome it? He hasn't played as well since then and he's admitted that he's been tentative at times, especially early in games. Greg Cosell pointed out that lately he's been missing some reads that he was making routinely before that game. Something about that game has had some lingering impact on the team.

We like to say we broke a lot of teams eg Eagles, Jags. Although Baltimore didn't break us, they sure as hell put a dent in our armor. This team hasn't been the same since that game. Offense looks a bit off at times. The win against Detroit wasn't because of our typical offense. It was literally Brock Purdy taking matters into his own hands and coming up with plays off script. That includes 3 monstrous runs, a tip toe sideline pass, and the Fluke to Aiyuk.

IMO, the only Niners drive we've seen all postseason that looked like what we're used to seeing was that final drive against GB. That's the only drive I've seen where everything seemed smooth, on point. Every other drive this postseason has been some type of grind.
This is what Brock Purdy's final form looks like when he can consistently do this against NFL talent. In year two, he's beginning to look like Drew Jackson, Kyle's prototype QB.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
This is what Brock Purdy's final form looks like when he can consistently do this against NFL talent. In year two, he's beginning to look like Drew Jackson, Kyle's prototype QB.

Midas touch
Share 49ersWebzone