LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 173 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I like Bosa's chance at the darkhorse SB MVP. he has the chance to have a HUGE game. he was insanely good in the previous SB against KC. just need the rest of the D line to step up.

Same officiating crew as 2019. They aren't going to call holding, so it's highly unlikely Bosa is able to record enough sacks for SB MVP. He will definitely be a handful for KC though.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Highly unlikely, given he's been crap for the most part the last 8 or so games.

I don't ever see this, I hear it from some fans, he's one of the best players in the NFL. We aren't half of what we are on D without Fred.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 2, 2024 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
I like Bosa's chance at the darkhorse SB MVP. he has the chance to have a HUGE game. he was insanely good in the previous SB against KC. just need the rest of the D line to step up.

Just gonna toss this out there..... FRED WARNER DARKHORSE SB MVP?

They aren't going to give it to a middle linebacker. Certainly our defensive line and linebackers have been playing horrible too. I hope they play better in the Super Bowl because we will need it.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They aren't going to give it to a middle linebacker. Certainly our defensive line and linebackers have been playing horrible too. I hope they play better in the Super Bowl because we will need it.

If Larry Brown (DAL CB) can win a SB MVP, then anyone can.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
This is what Brock Purdy's final form looks like when he can consistently do this against NFL talent. In year two, he's beginning to look like Drew Jackson, Kyle's prototype QB.

eh, just more system stuff...
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by dj43:

I remember Tim Ryan reporting on the 2022 training camp about the QBs. He mentioned Jimmy, and Lance, and Sudfeld. Then he said the 49ers have this Brock Purdy kid that they drafted at the end of the draft. The kid is showing some pretty good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat our Sudfeld for a roster spot (my recollection of Ryan's comments).

This sorta maybe explains all the designed runs for Trey?...

or am I?

I think it's insane to think that Kyle TRIED to get lance hurt. I think it speaks more to what most of us thought, which was that kyle didn't think/trust Lance to throw. so he tried to take advantage of his best physical assets.

Kyle didn't need to get lance hurt to do anything, but I do think he owed him the chance to play and see what he could do, but he ended up getting hurt pretty quickly.

Then I think he owed the team to start the guy he thought he was best to help their chances win a SB.

just cause he sees a lot of potential with Brock, didn't mean he was ready to play. Brock was a rookie and he hadn't done any of it in game action. it was all in training camp, doesn't mean it would translate, at least initially. I have no issue with kyle doing what he did and the order he did it in.

Yeah knowing what we know now I speculate Kyle's plan for Brock was to go into the following offseason with the QB position being an open competition with Jimmy out the door either way, and Brock would have won it over Lance with ease. Of course us fans would have been dumbfounded and pissed, but in this alternative universe we would have seen eventually the Brock is the guy.

I don't think Kyle would have waited all that long. From comments Fred Warner made about Purdy in his first training camp, it was clear to the rest of the team that Purdy had something special. Recall the TB game where Purdy rolled to his right, got away from a quick LB, and completed a pass to Deebo. Demeco Ryans said, "Baller." Warner said, "I'm not surprised." They all knew.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
This is what Brock Purdy's final form looks like when he can consistently do this against NFL talent. In year two, he's beginning to look like Drew Jackson, Kyle's prototype QB.

Kid's got a nice arm.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Kid's got a nice arm.

I'm struck by the #15, making plays and looking downright Mahomes-like

Brock_STAR always had it.

Originally posted by thl408:

As I think this will be a defensive game, I'm going with Fred as SB MVP, just remember where you heard it first
Originally posted by thl408:

Very unusual, uncommon game that won't likely be repeated.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Be the point guard, ain't nothing wrong with that
Share 49ersWebzone