QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Greg Cosell said Purdy needs to get back to his pre playoff form. He's been missing open receivers that he rarely missed during the season. Not just on his throws. He's missed seeing guys that were open and thrown to players not as wide open. Is it nerves or are the defenses just getting to him.

Playoff defenses are quite different then the regular season.

This AND i suspect there is an element of timidness post-ravens game.

He used to pull the trigger a hair earlier.

He is at his best slinging it but the magnitude of playoff games has got to be restricting him a bit.

Also you your point good defenses are starting to figure out looks that slow his processing down.

The good news is his is a bad ass and he is learning how to make people pay dearly for trying to scheme on him.

Yes all of this. We need beast Purdy. I hope Kyle says something to him that just triggers that mofo the right way.

Its the SB. There will come a play(s) where he MUST make the play of find something when its not there. We will find out if he is that guy or not. I have high hopes for him.

hell yeah!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It was an odd read on your post, cuz you started out saying that it's playoffs and teams are dangerous and ended with calling our D trash. I agree more with the first part of your post. Playoffs are tough man, hard to shutout a top 3-5 O. Now we did shut em out for 29 mins in the 2nd half. I'll focus on the good, that's more my way of thinking. We did enough good, to survive and advance. Even BP had missteps, like high fiving a defender that went for an INT, or I recall a wide open JJ perhaps for a TD and the pass sailed. It's not about being 'perfect' it's about coming up with enough good moments to win.

If the front office, ownership, coaches, players, and stats all say that the defense isn't playing well - then they probably aren't playing well. Lol you can be as optimistic as you want, doesn't change the fact they've been handled for most of the playoffs. It isn't about shutting a team out, it's about being competitive.

the defense has made some good plays but overall, they've def played worse than usual. I think they'll actually have a much better game in the Super Bowl. I think it has more to do with them being focused, effort, and executing than it does with if they actually suck. They've played far worse than they are capable of, that's why it's so disappointing.

once again, when everyone… literally everyone.. is saying they haven't played well and you're saying they have been - then you're most likely incorrect.

I don't view half the team as 'trash ass' as you called em. They are better than that. Can't say disappointed is how I am feeling now or this week. You really disappointed over there? Talking to a Lions fan may cheer you up, or GB or any other.
Just noticed that Brock say "obviously" a lot in his press conferences. Reminds me of Mitchell starting every sentence with "Like I say"
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Just noticed that Brock say "obviously" a lot in his press conferences. Reminds me of Mitchell starting every sentence with "Like I say"

Hmm, does Mitchell do that? I find myself saying that
I don't view half the team as 'trash ass' as you called em. They are better than that. Can't say disappointed is how I am feeling now or this week. You really disappointed over there? Talking to a Lions fan may cheer you up, or GB or any other.

I don't view them as trash, I meant that they played like trash. I think they're capable of playing at an elite level and that is why it's so frustrating to me. I think they are way too talented to get abused the way they have so far in a good chunk of the playoffs, they should able to stand their ground better IMO.

If my post came off like I think they're actual trash and all that, my bad, I meant more of that they played like trash. trash being relative to what we know/believe they're capable of actually playing. I almost think that it was like they thought they were going to win pretty easily and that going through this game was "going through the motions" on their way to where they actually want to be. which would be a big mistake.

I have a really good feeling going into this game that they're going to play their best game yet, which we will need. Chiefs are going to be a real challenge and we will need those guys to make plays.
I'd like a full postmortem on the Lance draft pick from John, Peters, Kyle, and later Griese's input on drafting Purdy, and if Lance asked for a trade. Obviously Purdy was the right choice, just curious.

Yes I mean obviously....

Lol
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

Yes I mean obviously....

Lol

Found Brock's burner account.

kyle says umm every other word

jimmy would constantly cough and tug his shirt

they aren't public speakers they are football players and coaches hehe
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think they still do a great job with media. As a HC and QB, they are the face of the franchise and have quite a few media obligations. Brock handles himself very well.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I think they still do a great job with media. As a HC and QB, they are the face of the franchise and have quite a few media obligations. Brock handles himself very well.

absolutely

Obviously better than "ya know" by Chase lol but who gives a F what they say..it's how they play
[ Edited by Montana on Feb 2, 2024 at 5:00 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's weird that this is considered a compliment.

I hope Brock torches Spagnuolo's defense for 50 Points!

Well yes. But so then why are we still on it?
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Giedi:
I hope Brock torches Spagnuolo's defense for 50 Points!

Didn't the Broncos sport the #1 defense in the league in 89 when Joe lit em up with 55?
Share 49ersWebzone