LISTEN: Brock Purdy's Critics Don't Live In Reality →

There are 158 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This is a prime example of recency bias...in 1980 you would be hard pressed to say Montana was the best player on his team, & on the 2002 patriots Brady isn't even in top 15 best player on his team. What people like Cam & Middlesoft don't seem to get ( & yes they are in the same group even though ping pong doesn't realize it ) is talent isn't the be all end all, if it were Jerry Rice wouldn't even be top 500 of the best WR ever. So if he would like to continue to make both of you look like idiots continue otherwise swallow your pride a bit for the team John & realize might be terribly wrong & you are starting to find yourself in the camp of those who valued Bledsoe over Brady, & regardless of how Guy tries to save you both you will wear these bad takes if you keep coming back to them. Purdy was not fringe top 7 this season he was the best QB in the league both statistically.& on tape(video I don't know why we still call it tape)
Purdy is covering for Kyle. He's calling bad pass plays with not enough pass protection. Purdy is making ridiculous throws to make these bad plays work. There should rarely be a pass play when McCaffrey, aiyuk, kettle, or deebo can't be open. He's forced to extend cause Kyle won't ensure good protection. Luckily Brock can do it. It's alot to ask though
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
This is a prime example of recency bias...in 1980 you would be hard pressed to say Montana was the best player on his team, & on the 2002 patriots Brady isn't even in top 15 best player on his team. What people like Cam & Middlesoft don't seem to get ( & yes they are in the same group even though ping pong doesn't realize it ) is talent isn't the be all end all, if it were Jerry Rice wouldn't even be top 500 of the best WR ever. So if he would like to continue to make both of you look like idiots continue otherwise swallow your pride a bit for the team John & realize might be terribly wrong & you are starting to find yourself in the camp of those who valued Bledsoe over Brady, & regardless of how Guy tries to save you both you will wear these bad takes if you keep coming back to them. Purdy was not fringe top 7 this season he was the best QB in the league both statistically.& on tape(video I don't know why we still call it tape)

They are evaluating on combine stats plus draft status. Height, weight, speed, stature. Where were you drafted? All that stuff.

But that's not how the game is played. Purdy is a great player and has a huge impact on the game. They don't see it because they are looking at all that other noise. Montana while a good athlete wasn't a great athlete. With his skinny little bird legs. He could run but certainly not like Lamar does. I don't think Montana would win a combine test. He was a decent athlete. Purdy is not far off athletically. Young could show great at a combine. He would run fast. But he wouldn't throw 70 yards like Allen or Herbert. He had a good arm. But not a cannon. So many more important things at QB.

People like SCAM Newton have a huge bias towards their own style of play. You have to be 6'6" 250 lbs. and slam straight into the pile and run guys over. That's a "difference maker" QB. Ironically SCAM struggles at all the more important things. Processing, reads, timing, quick decisions, mechanics, throwing accurately. Purdy is awesome at those. SCAM is terrible which is why he's no longer in the league.

I LOVE BROCK!!' Good morning.

T-Minus 8 days until the big game 😎
Originally posted by tankle104:

You gunna jump on a plane and go to Vegas or what? Haha
I guess in this case, it was good Kyle had veto power. Fascinating. Great pick, Kyle.

https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/shanahan-purdy-pick-ticked-off-49ers-coaches/1698434/

"Kyle Shanahan, in that 20, 25, 30 minutes -- when they were trying to decide what they were going to do -- he said, in that room, 'I love this quarterback, this is the guy I want to take,' King said. "And so all of a sudden, a chorus of coaches come up and say, 'Oh, man. We need this linebacker, we need this receiver, this guy is going to help us. We got two quarterbacks already. [Shanahan] just traded three [first-round draft picks in 2021] to pick Trey Lance. Who cares about a quarterback and if we lose him?'
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are evaluating on combine stats plus draft status. Height, weight, speed, stature. Where were you drafted? All that stuff.

But that's not how the game is played. Purdy is a great player and has a huge impact on the game. They don't see it because they are looking at all that other noise. Montana while a good athlete wasn't a great athlete. With his skinny little bird legs. He could run but certainly not like Lamar does. I don't think Montana would win a combine test. He was a decent athlete. Purdy is not far off athletically. Young could show great at a combine. He would run fast. But he wouldn't throw 70 yards like Allen or Herbert. He had a good arm. But not a cannon. So many more important things at QB.

People like SCAM Newton have a huge bias towards their own style of play. You have to be 6'6" 250 lbs. and slam straight into the pile and run guys over. That's a "difference maker" QB. Ironically SCAM struggles at all the more important things. Processing, reads, timing, quick decisions, mechanics, throwing accurately. Purdy is awesome at those. SCAM is terrible which is why he's no longer in the league.

Kyle is really amazing if he's the one that really banged the table to draft Purdy. Before, the story was Lynch, Grisie, Slowik that banged the table for Purdy. I don't know who to really belive with that Jed York story - but it bodes well that our coach (contrary to popular opinion) can actually tell a good QB from bad QB.
Originally posted by Montana:

You gunna jump on a plane and go to Vegas or what? Haha

lol I'm thinking about how many days i want to actually spend there. I know if I'm there longer than 2-3 days - It'll be a bigger sh!t show than I'd like. hahaha
Originally posted by Giedi:

Kyle is really amazing if he's the one that really banged the table to draft Purdy. Before, the story was Lynch, Grisie, Slowik that banged the table for Purdy. I don't know who to really belive with that Jed York story - but it bodes well that our coach (contrary to popular opinion) can actually tell a good QB from bad QB.

Purdy's impact on the game is all the meat and potatoes stuff. All the important things. It's not all the empty noise things that the dumb takes guys think is important.

Whoever wanted him it's great to have him.
lol I'm thinking about how many days i want to actually spend there. I know if I'm there longer than 2-3 days - It'll be a bigger sh!t show than I'd like. hahaha

What happens in Vegas

Originally posted by Giedi:

Slowik & Griese found him and banged the table for him first. Kyle, after watching film, came to the same conclusion as they did and Kyle vetoed for the QB over other positions despite them already having 3 QB's in the building. Kyle has veto power. Clearly.
After rewatching the Lions game, Purdy's first half struggles were massively overblown. He came out strong on the first 2 drives and we should have come away with 10 points.

The 3rd drive was bad. First he had 2 high balls to Aiyuk, but those were on the sideline and may have been equal throwaway and equal give your guy a chance to make a play. Then the interception where his arm was hit. Still probably not a great decision, but we've seen him hit those mid-level routes over a LB enough times that he should be cut a little slack.

The 4th drive we were forced into a 3rd and long and he scrambled out, almost hitting Aiyuk 15-20 yards downfield. No rhythm at all on that 3 and out.

What really stood out beyond the defense being abysmal was our inability to get the run game going. A lot of plays under 3 yards, with a few negative plays that forced us into 3rd and longs.
Just put on my dirty assassin Purdy jersey on, managed to have no stains on it so far, it was close with some salsa but I saved it lol
Originally posted by wallangong:
After rewatching the Lions game, Purdy's first half struggles were massively overblown. He came out strong on the first 2 drives and we should have come away with 10 points.

The 3rd drive was bad. First he had 2 high balls to Aiyuk, but those were on the sideline and may have been equal throwaway and equal give your guy a chance to make a play. Then the interception where his arm was hit. Still probably not a great decision, but we've seen him hit those mid-level routes over a LB enough times that he should be cut a little slack.

The 4th drive we were forced into a 3rd and long and he scrambled out, almost hitting Aiyuk 15-20 yards downfield. No rhythm at all on that 3 and out.

What really stood out beyond the defense being abysmal was our inability to get the run game going. A lot of plays under 3 yards, with a few negative plays that forced us into 3rd and longs.

People saw 7 points vs. 24 and thought "QB was bad" more than "defense was bad" when the latter was far more the truth.
Share 49ersWebzone