QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Montana:
He looks so young!

You just now thought this?

I can't get over the fact that *possibly* we'll be in the playoffs for a *long time* because he's so young!

yup. Upgrade his protection and keep having good drafts. He will only get better with experience.

I believe we should follow the Drew Brees plan

They got him the best IL in the league for his prime years
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 5, 2024 at 9:03 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
On offense we need to play every series like they are down by 7; no matter what kind of lead we have.

Omenihu being out is huge. Brock Purdy needs to protect the ball and play check down if it's open. Kittle and Deebo will be the X factors in this game.

Quick passing game, only one or two reads not 5. Quick slants to beat the Blitz. And if it opens up for Brock he needs to put on his ballerina slippers and tip toe out of the pocket and run down the field like he is the head ballet performer of The Nutcracker Suite.The Nutcracker is a two-act ballet, with a score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky for you lovers of classical music out there. Surely there are some Niner fans who are sophisticated and knowledgably admire classical music.

It is Brock Purdy who will win the SBs for us long suffering fans . Purdy snatched the victory from Detroit no matter what Kyle gave him by extending and running and finishing . Kyle has been a choker so far in big games .

It's nice to see Juszczyk getting more involved. He's the 2nd TE weapon that we've been missing. When he's involved you know Shanahan is in his bag dialing up. The chiefs are beatable now and it's the time to get the 6th. Stay faithful, stay humble and stay winners! Go Niners!!!

Yep. Literally down seven with 2 minutes to go, every drive. Everybody wants to score on every drive but ummmmmmmmm. Wilkes vaunted secondary going to get 1-2 picks but Pacheco gonna run for 175 yards. Wilkes has this D a-s backwards. It's the front 7 or bust against the great qb's.

Pacheco is not getting 175 - he isnt that good.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
On offense we need to play every series like they are down by 7; no matter what kind of lead we have.

Omenihu being out is huge. Brock Purdy needs to protect the ball and play check down if it's open. Kittle and Deebo will be the X factors in this game.

Quick passing game, only one or two reads not 5. Quick slants to beat the Blitz. And if it opens up for Brock he needs to put on his ballerina slippers and tip toe out of the pocket and run down the field like he is the head ballet performer of The Nutcracker Suite.The Nutcracker is a two-act ballet, with a score by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky for you lovers of classical music out there. Surely there are some Niner fans who are sophisticated and knowledgably admire classical music.

It is Brock Purdy who will win the SBs for us long suffering fans . Purdy snatched the victory from Detroit no matter what Kyle gave him by extending and running and finishing . Kyle has been a choker so far in big games .

It's nice to see Juszczyk getting more involved. He's the 2nd TE weapon that we've been missing. When he's involved you know Shanahan is in his bag dialing up. The chiefs are beatable now and it's the time to get the 6th. Stay faithful, stay humble and stay winners! Go Niners!!!

Yep. Literally down seven with 2 minutes to go, every drive. Everybody wants to score on every drive but ummmmmmmmm. Wilkes vaunted secondary going to get 1-2 picks but Pacheco gonna run for 175 yards. Wilkes has this D a-s backwards. It's the front 7 or bust against the great qb's.

Pacheco is not getting 175 - he isnt that good.

Pacheco is good. That said, the Detroit Lions have a way better offensive line than KC does. Also, when you have Patrick Mahomes you're not running it 30 times.
Yeah Andy Reid would never run the ball that many times. Its not in his DNA.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Thank God we took Brock Purdy.
--- Kyle Shanahan probably.

He literally said this to Peter King the other day (quoted in today's FMIA article).

"I said in the room, 'Let's not risk it. This guy's too good.'

"John and I, we took Purdy. And thank God we did."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/nfl-super-bowl-49ers-chiefs-kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-peter-king-fmia
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 5, 2024 at 10:02 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

He literally said this to Peter King the other day (quoted in today's FMIA article).

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/nfl-super-bowl-49ers-chiefs-kyle-shanahan-brock-purdy-peter-king-fmia

He also had to have Joe Williams and C.J. Beathard. Sometimes you get lucky... Sometimes you don't.
This poem was posted on the 49ers Faithful Facebook page this morning. Good writer. Cool poem.

Title: Purdy Great
Written By: Me

Last in the draft,
third in the string,
appointed to "First"
to lead the Bay team.

Won against Brady in his big debut,
fans chanted his name like only a chosen few.
Soon the championship game, in a late season start,
but Eagles clipped his wing and broke San Francisco's heart.

Then a new season arrived, as he began with a bang,
proving worthy first-string for the Forty Niner Gang.
But Naysayers and Doubters began throwing hate,
as Mr. Irrelevant kept throwing Purdy great!

Keeping his faith, with his humble charge,
played amazingly poised, composed and quite large.
Still pundits kept ranting, no love, no respect,
he's not a QB who we've come to expect.

He's just lucky to be here with mates of such talent,
no "last in the draft kid" could ever be this valiant.
He's too short, he's too small, he can't throw long we feel sure.
He's simply nothing more than a game man-a-ger.

Then he beat the birds, and yes, dem boys too,
playing with heart and with something to prove.
The playoffs showed his strength, so tried and so true,
he never failed to show just what he could do.

With negativity all around, coming left and from right,
he showed he doesn't give up, not without a relevant fight.
Eight teams left in play, QB's all first-round draft picks,
except Mr.262, Mr. Seventh Round, Mr. Last Licks.

The kid from Arizona, where the heat's turned-up hot,
now center stage to show the country what he's got.
See ya later Philly, Adios to LA,
Good-bye, say "cheese" to the frozen Green Bay.

Hey, Detroit!…have a nice day!

Yes, the king of the jungle almost took the NFC crown,
but not when Brock Purdy is running first down.
Not when "The Juice" is toe-tapping, like Astaire,
and Aiyuk is like Superman flying mid air.

Not when McCaffrey is cutting, right up the middle,
then of course…there's the one and only, George Kittle.
There's Young, Greenlaw, Warner, then Bosa on "D",
and Deebo high steppin' for the faithful fans to see!

Now the Naysayers are quiet, though not silenced in full,
it will take one more win to stop their ridicule.
Going to the Super Show in just a season and a half,
all of those haters make me just want to laugh.

They said it could never be done,
he was last in the draft.
The Faithful don't stop believin',
in this Cinderella story, soon #13 will lead his team to the big win
….and he will give God all the glory.

- Eric Robison
Originally posted by tankle104:
Gamesmanship.

Watch him stack the box and make Purdy beat them. That will show me how he feels about Brock.

Originally posted by Jcool:

He also had to have Joe Williams and C.J. Beathard. Sometimes you get lucky... Sometimes you don't.

Larger point is that you don't wait around forever and let things happen to you. You make things happen. I'd rather Kyle go after the guys he likes and miss on a few than sit back and wait.

Larger point is that you don't wait around forever and let things happen to you. You make things happen. I'd rather Kyle go after the guys he likes and miss on a few than sit back and wait.

they waited until the last pick of the draft. that's not exactly going to make things happen
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Montana:
He looks so young!

You just now thought this?

I can't get over the fact that *possibly* we'll be in the playoffs for a *long time* because he's so young!

yup. Upgrade his protection and keep having good drafts. He will only get better with experience.

I believe we should follow the Drew Brees plan

They got him the best IL in the league for his prime years

Agree, give him some big behemoths on the inside so he can have a clean pocket when he passes! The draft nerds on the 49ers draft threads have some fascinating OLinemen they are looking at for the 49ers to draft. All of 'em are 320+!
Originally posted by lamontb:

they waited until the last pick of the draft. that's not exactly going to make things happen

It's all relative in context. They didn't wait for him to be an Undrafted Free Agent is the point.
Brock just needs to get back to being himself. Cool. Composed. Smart play. Find the open guy or the matchup we like, but if nothing's there, either run for yards or throw it away and live for another down.
Share 49ersWebzone