Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 406 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brock just needs to get back to being himself. Cool. Composed. Smart play. Find the open guy or the matchup we like, but if nothing's there, either run for yards or throw it away and live for another down.

+1
  • thl408
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Brock just needs to get back to being himself. Cool. Composed. Smart play. Find the open guy or the matchup we like, but if nothing's there, either run for yards or throw it away and live for another down.

+1

+13
The most important thing that Purdy does for the team isn't even on the field. It's his contract. The fact that he is a starter capable QB with one of the cheapest overall contracts in the league is what matters. It's like Lauri Markkanen in the NBA when you hit on a player you don't expect who's on a cheap contract everyone would want him on their team.
What do you think he's been doing in the playoffs? He's played the best we have ever seen him play. He just did 2 comeback wins in the playoffs. Including 17 down to go to the Super Bowl in the NFC Championship. You think that's not playing well? It's fantastic.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What do you think he's been doing in the playoffs? He's played the best we have ever seen him play. He just did 2 comeback wins in the playoffs. Including 17 down to go to the Super Bowl in the NFC Championship. You think that's not playing well? It's fantastic.

I do and he still has room to improve. We get this kid a better line and he will be a surgeon out there.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I do and he still has room to improve. We get this kid a better line and he will be a surgeon out there.

If he had a line like the Lions, CRY_Boys, Eagles you may see a 5,000 yard Drew Brees season. 40 TD's also. Especially in the 3rd year and beyond.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

+1

+13

+13 and +23
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree 💯% - Generational in my opinion.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

AGree, and he does have a good defense, so it's not all on his shoulders.
Spagnuolo said when asked about Purdy: "he's for real"

Interesting phrase, would never be used for Allen/Mahomes/Burrow or Herbert or Jackson. Somewhere deep down, he along with other DCs in the NFL think he is a product of the system.
Ok.

Maybe the most exciting thing for me is we have a QB on the cusp of winning a Super Bowl that just turned 24 in December. Whether you think he is a game changer or not, imo he has plenty of time to develop into that Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow type QB. Tom Brady didn't win his first couple Super Bowls being the bus driver, that defense carried him. But he developed into the GOAT as time went on thru experience. A lot of the characteristics that made Brady great are similar to what I believe Purdy possesses, except he's much more athletic than Brady. Brady has a better arm obviously but both process the field at an elite level, both are accurate with the ball and both have that drive to win and be the best. I think too that Purdy is more of a gun slinger than Brady ever was. Brady seems more precise in that regard.
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Interesting phrase, would never be used for Allen/Mahomes/Burrow or Herbert or Jackson. Somewhere deep down, he along with other DCs in the NFL think he is a product of the system.
Ok.

I want Spagnuolo humbled.

He needs to f**king lose a Super Bowl already.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Ok.

I want Spagnuolo humbled.

He needs to f**king lose a Super Bowl already.

How is he not a Head Coach already? Does he just not want to be one?

Ehh....he was throwing it a lot better earlier in the season. He's been good when he's really needed to be but he's also missed a whole lot of throws that he was hitting in the past. I don't know if it's nerves or what but he can't come out misfiring early against KC the way he did against Green Bay and Detroit.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
How is he not a Head Coach already? Does he just not want to be one?

He's been a head coach twice, he flopped both times.
Share 49ersWebzone