LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 303 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 8, 2024 at 1:41 AM ]
Dual threat Brock in this game. Use those legs, Brock will be a problem for KC defense. Maybe this is Brock's dual threat breakout game, like Kap playing GB in 2012 playoffs.
I heard Cam Newton's comments about Purdy and it's hard to disagree with the fact that Brock may be the 10th best player on the team. From a strictly physical standpoint that's may be true. I would say more like 8th best but who's quibbling. That's not a knock on Purdy as much as it is a compliment to the roster Lynch has built.

I would question Cam Newton who had fantastic physical skills but never learned how to play the position. Brock is way ahead of him in that department.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard Cam Newton's comments about Purdy and it's hard to disagree with the fact that Brock may be the 10th best player on the team. From a strictly physical standpoint that's may be true. I would say more like 8th best but who's quibbling. That's not a knock on Purdy as much as it is a compliment to the roster Lynch has built.

I would question Cam Newton who had fantastic physical skills but never learned how to play the position. Brock is way ahead of him in that department.

If we're talking physical talent, Brock is like 49th on the team. There's a punter, kicker, and backup QB he's physically superior to. Same would have been said about Brady or Brees or Montana.

But playing the most important position on the team, is more about using your brain. Brock is the most important player on this team because he plays the most important position, and to an elite level. I don't even know what it means when someone says that other players are better because they're more physically talented. That's pretty much same with every QB on their respective teams that including Mahomes. Such a weird standard that is being put on Brock and literally no other QB.
[ Edited by Chance on Feb 8, 2024 at 8:29 AM ]
  • Cosmo
Am I the only person who notices every time Scam Newton talks about Brock, he refers to him as Brock Parody? is he doing that on purpose, or does he seriously not know how to speak English? Purdy is NOT difficult to pronounce.
[ Edited by Cosmo on Feb 8, 2024 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Am I the only person who notices every time Scam Newton talks about Brock, he refers to him as Brock Parody? is he doing that on purpose, or does he seriously not know how to speak English? Purdy is NOT difficult to pronounce.

He doesn't know how to speak. And Cam Newton could only wish he could process and throw the ball like Purdy!
I think Brock's got a lot of money at stake in this game. He comes out a SB winner, perhaps super bowl MVP and endorsements will rain. Advertisers will trip over themselves chasing for a young superstar QB with his kind of attitude. That's not to say he's not marketable as is, obviously Toyota recently signed him. But make no mistake, this kid is getting paid peanuts right now, has a roommate, and is looking at making a s**t ton more money if he performs up to his abilities in this game with the world watching. I'm rooting for him to get that ring, and get paid, son.
Congrats for FedEx Air POY! Nice!!!
Originally posted by Chance:
I think Brock's got a lot of money at stake in this game. He comes out a SB winner, perhaps super bowl MVP and endorsements will rain. Advertisers will trip over themselves chasing for a young superstar QB with his kind of attitude. That's not to say he's not marketable as is, obviously Toyota recently signed him. But make no mistake, this kid is getting paid peanuts right now, has a roommate, and is looking at making a s**t ton more money if he performs up to his abilities in this game with the world watching. I'm rooting for him to get that ring, and get paid, son.

He will make more if he wins. Both endorsements and eventual salary increase too.

Originally posted by frankieuc68:

FedEx been loving on Purdy all year, might have to use that company more often lol.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

FedEx been loving on Purdy all year, might have to use that company more often lol.

FedEx delivers on Sunday so therefore they are already better than UPS.
CMC FedEx Ground POY too.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
FedEx delivers on Sunday so therefore they are already better than UPS.

USPS just lost a package of mine..like completely lost it. Told me the item is a gonner. To heck with them

High school Brock is the same as Niner Brock
Share 49ersWebzone