• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by wallangong:
CJ Stroud

"I don't agree with how they do Purdy. He's a dawg."

Next sentences...

"Anybody could do it there. That team is supposed to be in the Super Bowl. Any QB would have success there."

Is there some unedited version of this discussion because Stroud didn't say the bolded in the clips posted here. He said the team is great and should be in the SB, but he also complimented Brock and never said any QB could do it.

That's implied in what he said.

No it's not. Come on.

Surprising he didn't get any votes.
Too bad he'll have to only settle for Super Bowl MVP. Hope he can cope.
Josh Allen didn't belong in there. He was a turnover machine. They lost too many games. Zero CMC and zero Brock Purdy is ridiculous. Lamar was the last hope of "anybody but Purdy." They tried everyone else and it all failed all season. The Ravens game definitely hurt him. But zero votes is an incredible insult.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 8, 2024 at 7:53 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

All I see in this is Ryan Clark trying to trip up another QB into saying something bad about Brock. Eat It Ryan Clark!!!
Originally posted by bud49:
All I see in this is Ryan Clark trying to trip up another QB into saying something bad about Brock. Eat It Ryan Clark!!!

Yes as always.

He finished 4th in the MVP vote overall.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

It's not terrible. The Ravens game cost him. Nobody would have thought he would be in the MVP discussion last year. Win the Super Bowl and have another good year and it could be a different discussion. They NFL media, pundits, fans are still not used to him. But with sustained success and especially a Super Bowl win more will come over than not. Lamar didn't deserver it that much. But who are you going to give it to? Dak didn't deserve it. CMC did but a RB doesn't get that.
It's OK Brock we don't need the NFL MVP you're going to get the Super Bowl MVP
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

"Anybody could do it there. That team is supposed to be in the Super Bowl. Any QB would have success there."

Is there some unedited version of this discussion because Stroud didn't say the bolded in the clips posted here. He said the team is great and should be in the SB, but he also complimented Brock and never said any QB could do it.

He's out.

Onto the next one...

Originally posted by Furlow:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

No it's not. Come on.

Finally!!!
Originally posted by Giedi:

2 weeks ago, lol J/K
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

So you made it up? Lame
Purdy got one 1st place vote for Comeback Player of the Year. Deserved more consideration for it due to his elbow surgery, but usually guys need to have missed more of the previous year to be considered. So, ironically, he was too consistently good last year and this year to get more traction for that one.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Lamar can have all the MVP's if Purdy can have the SB's.
Share 49ersWebzone