LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 283 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
prescott over cmc lmao
Dak over CMC and Purdy. Ummm no! That is outrageous. OK Lamar. He didn't completely deserve it. But I understand. Dak belongs no higher than #4.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by wallangong:
CJ Stroud

"I don't agree with how they do Purdy. He's a dawg."

Next sentences...

"Anybody could do it there. That team is supposed to be in the Super Bowl. Any QB would have success there."

Is there some unedited version of this discussion because Stroud didn't say the bolded in the clips posted here. He said the team is great and should be in the SB, but he also complimented Brock and never said any QB could do it.

That's implied in what he said.

No it's not. Come on.

Stroud was complimenting Purdy... how did you take what he said and try to turn it negative lol..
Originally posted by random49er:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

"Anybody could do it there. That team is supposed to be in the Super Bowl. Any QB would have success there."

Is there some unedited version of this discussion because Stroud didn't say the bolded in the clips posted here. He said the team is great and should be in the SB, but he also complimented Brock and never said any QB could do it.

He's out.

Onto the next one...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Josh Allen didn't belong in there. He was a turnover machine. They lost too many games. Zero CMC and zero Brock Purdy is ridiculous. Lamar was the last hope of "anybody but Purdy." They tried everyone else and it all failed all season. The Ravens game definitely hurt him. But zero votes is an incredible insult.

LAmar is pretty much a one and done in the playoffs. Crazy that he gets the MVP.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

No it's not. Come on.

Stroud was complimenting Purdy... how did you take what he said and try to turn it negative lol..

I got that vibe too. He was saying that playing QB is hard. So man decisions. Yeah, he has weapons but, yeah, he was complimentary.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He finished 4th in the MVP vote overall.

Brock Purdy - future superbowl MVP!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

No it's not. Come on.

I got that vibe too. He was saying that playing QB is hard. So man decisions. Yeah, he has weapons but, yeah, he was complimentary.

Agree, it was a compliment to Purdy.
Originally posted by Giedi:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

No it's not. Come on.

And BTW, Stroud is going to be an absolute stud in this league. I want revenge this year for 2019. Next year we'll get revenge for 2012.
Originally posted by Giedi:
CJ Stroud

Next sentences...

No it's not. Come on.

And BTW, Stroud is going to be an absolute stud in this league. I want revenge this year for 2019. Next year we'll get revenge for 2012.

Yeah, Stroud was clearly *mocking* people who say "anybody could do it," etc. His point was that *not* everyone can do it.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 8, 2024 at 10:37 PM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Lmfao Lamar Jackson got the MVP, big f**kin deal, that feels like nothing but a second place award right now. Have fun watching the Super Bowl Choke Jackson!!
Purdy's daddy
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Purdy's daddy

Loved his words about BP

Brock Brees
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lmfao Lamar Jackson got the MVP, big f**kin deal, that feels like nothing but a second place award right now. Have fun. watching the Super Bowl Choke Jackson!!

Yeah, I mean are we surprised though about the award? I'm not but who cares, he can have it. Dak is the most overrated player lol. It's like Elway but worse. Lol
Originally posted by captveg:
Yeah, Stroud was clearly *mocking* people who say "anybody could do it," etc. His point was that *not* everyone can do it.

Yeah his comments were very fair and reasonable. He went out of his way to say that even the stuff that looks easy, still requires a lot of things to go right for the play to work and that includes the QB being able to deliver the ball accurately and on time. He plays in the same offense so he's got a better understanding of what is required than most.

I like him a lot, he's really mature and seems like an outstanding leader, he has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone