LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 215 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by captveg:
Yeah, Stroud was clearly *mocking* people who say "anybody could do it," etc. His point was that *not* everyone can do it.

Yeah his comments were very fair and reasonable. He went out of his way to say that even the stuff that looks easy, still requires a lot of things to go right for the play to work and that includes the QB being able to deliver the ball accurately and on time. He plays in the same offense so he's got a better understanding of what is required than most.

I like him a lot, he's really mature and seems like an outstanding leader, he has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL.

Yep CJ and Brock are both really impressive on and off the field
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Dak over CMC and Purdy. Ummm no! That is outrageous. OK Lamar. He didn't completely deserve it. But I understand. Dak belongs no higher than #4.

You have to realize that the Cowboys are the most valuable team in every sport on the planet. Despite being hated by every non Cowboys fan, they are the crown jewel and largest revenue maker in the league. As long as these are the only accolades they receive, I'm good with it.
First, I get why Lamar won the MVP. His passing wasn't as good as Purdy's was, but when you take into consideration his rushing numbers, I can easily see why he won the award. Well deserved to him and congratulations.

That being said, there's no way Dak should've been voted second. Yes, I'm butt-hurt, I'll be forward in saying that. But it simply makes no sense why Dak was so heavily voted. If Purdy threw the ball as much as Dak did, it wouldn't be even close. Here are the comparison if you inflate Purdy's stats to 590 attempts just like Dak and keep his current numbers consistent (Dak's numbers in parenthesis):

Completions: 409 (410)
Yards: 5687 (4516)
TDs: 41 (36)
INT: 15 (9)
Sacks: 37 (39)
Sack Yards Lost: 203 (255)

Of course, if Purdy did throw that much, I would assume some of those numbers would be lower. But Purdy was just so godly consistent. 9.6 yards per attempt. The second best QB in yards per attempt who threw the ball at least 100 times? Nick Mullens had 8.8. How about a QB who played at least 16 games? Tua Tagovailoa with 8.3 yards per attempt.

The only area Dak has Purdy are interceptions and TD:INT ratio. Even when you look at the rushing numbers, Dak has 242 yards and two tuddies. Purdy had 144 yards and two tuddies.

Just my thought process. I know the talk all season was about Dak being #2 in MVP voting and I just didn't believe the selection committee would go down that route. I felt Purdy was easily #2, though McCaffrey should've been number 1. Okay, maybe a little bit of bias there. But I'm okay with it.
Oh, and by the way, who the hell voted Josh Allen #1? Lamar only got 49 of the 50 first place votes lol.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Yep CJ and Brock are both really impressive on and off the field

CJ with Demeco..they are going to shine. Really liked watching them this year

Man I guess the hotel alarms went off three times? That is ridiculous. I wanna find that person and give them the biggest wedgie. I am not sure why their hotels were made public either? I had a feeling they were staying in that area but didn't say anything cause of respect of privacy. Maybe it's someone from KC, who knows, or a maid who hates the 49ers lol. Careful about using the towels! May have itching powder on them lol
Originally posted by Cosmo:
You have to realize that the Cowboys are the most valuable team in every sport on the planet. Despite being hated by every non Cowboys fan, they are the crown jewel and largest revenue maker in the league. As long as these are the only accolades they receive, I'm good with it.

I think they invented the " Moment of the year" award just so they could give it to a Cowboy. But they should have just invented a "Choker of the year" award and give it to the whole Dallas team so nobody feels left out.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
First, I get why Lamar won the MVP. His passing wasn't as good as Purdy's was, but when you take into consideration his rushing numbers, I can easily see why he won the award. Well deserved to him and congratulations.

That being said, there's no way Dak should've been voted second. Yes, I'm butt-hurt, I'll be forward in saying that. But it simply makes no sense why Dak was so heavily voted. If Purdy threw the ball as much as Dak did, it wouldn't be even close. Here are the comparison if you inflate Purdy's stats to 590 attempts just like Dak and keep his current numbers consistent (Dak's numbers in parenthesis):

Completions: 409 (410)
Yards: 5687 (4516)
TDs: 41 (36)
INT: 15 (9)
Sacks: 37 (39)
Sack Yards Lost: 203 (255)

Of course, if Purdy did throw that much, I would assume some of those numbers would be lower. But Purdy was just so godly consistent. 9.6 yards per attempt. The second best QB in yards per attempt who threw the ball at least 100 times? Nick Mullens had 8.8. How about a QB who played at least 16 games? Tua Tagovailoa with 8.3 yards per attempt.

The only area Dak has Purdy are interceptions and TD:INT ratio. Even when you look at the rushing numbers, Dak has 242 yards and two tuddies. Purdy had 144 yards and two tuddies.

Just my thought process. I know the talk all season was about Dak being #2 in MVP voting and I just didn't believe the selection committee would go down that route. I felt Purdy was easily #2, though McCaffrey should've been number 1. Okay, maybe a little bit of bias there. But I'm okay with it.

H-W-S.

Both Lamar and Dak suck ass when it matters especially when they have to play QB and not just be an athlete and run. They are proven regular season warriors. Neither are deserving of a true MVP award.

Brock is the real MVP. And he's already proven it in the playoffs where he wasn't his best but still found a way to win.

That's what an MVP does.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 9, 2024 at 5:35 AM ]
Mr. 2.0 be ballin!!
If literally everything remains the same, except the Ravens game is Week 5 and the Cowboys game is on Christmas, Purdy wins MVP, Dak doesn't even finish top 3 and Lamar basically finishes wherever. Instead Lamar wins nearly unanimously, Dak finishes 2nd and Purdy doesn't even finish top 3.

MVP is a confirmed stupid pointless award after last night. There's a reason Lombardi Trophies matter 100x more than MVP except to Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers fans.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Feb 9, 2024 at 6:06 AM ]
Purdy and CMC not getting ANY MVP votes is ridiculous. I knew they were not going to win but to have less votes than Josh Allen is soo disrespectful.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Purdy and CMC not getting ANY MVP votes is ridiculous. I knew they were not going to win but to have less votes than Josh Allen is soo disrespectful.

MVP award is BS so who cares. Get me them lombardis.
That MVP feeling kinda empty for Lamar and the Ravens fans, early top seed exit.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
That MVP feeling kinda empty for Lamar and the Ravens fans, early top seed exit.

Mahomes did it last year, but the last guy before that to do it was Kurt Warner in 1999.

So that'd equal like 23 consecutive "empty feeling" MVPs. #JustSayin
Brock Purdy came in Dec 2022
Wins the NFC Champ game Jan 2024.....in the 13th month of being the starting QB for SF

13!!!! lol

It all comes back to 13
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He finished 4th in the MVP vote overall.

Prescott getting more than twice as many Top 3 votes as Purdy is hilariously disrespectful.
Share 49ersWebzone