LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 218 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dak and Lamar are the MVP's of choke lol
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He finished 4th in the MVP vote overall.

Prescott getting more than twice as many Top 3 votes as Purdy is hilariously disrespectful.

Just no way he had a better year than Purdy. Absolutely not.
great Valentine's day gift, just be careful..... Purdy has a powerful affect on the ladies

Originally posted by Montana:
Dak and Lamar are the MVP's of choke lol

I told ppl all year it's a joke award. A clown award. A kicker has more MVPs than every WR to ever play the game, including Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, you name it.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
SCAM Newton

* 3 - 4 Playoff record.
* 8 LOSING seasons in 11 years.
* 30's and kicked out of the league. In an era where QB's play until 45.
* Quit on his team in the Super Bowl. Didn't jump on the fumble. Didn't want to get hurt.
* Literally LEFT the Super Bowl interview. Got up and walked out after they lost. Couldn't handle the questioins.

Brock_STAR Purdy

* 4 - 1 Playoff record. 1 loss couldn't finish the game and tore his elbow.
* 2 NFC Championships in 2 years.
* Super Bowl in 2nd year.
* SCAM Never had 1 season like Brock had this year. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Don't let him re write history like this. He was NOT that guy. No way.

They are asking SCAM if he trusts Purdy on a game winning drive. I can't even.... SCAM quit on his team in the Super Bowl. He didn't jump on the fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Then he walked out of the press conference because he couldn't handle the tough questions. Like a pouting, immature little baby.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 9, 2024 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
great Valentine's day gift, just be careful..... Purdy has a powerful affect on the ladies

Lol I saw this sweatshirt
Wouldn't mind having it either haha
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
First, I get why Lamar won the MVP. His passing wasn't as good as Purdy's was, but when you take into consideration his rushing numbers, I can easily see why he won the award. Well deserved to him and congratulations.

That being said, there's no way Dak should've been voted second. Yes, I'm butt-hurt, I'll be forward in saying that. But it simply makes no sense why Dak was so heavily voted. If Purdy threw the ball as much as Dak did, it wouldn't be even close. Here are the comparison if you inflate Purdy's stats to 590 attempts just like Dak and keep his current numbers consistent (Dak's numbers in parenthesis):

Completions: 409 (410)
Yards: 5687 (4516)
TDs: 41 (36)
INT: 15 (9)
Sacks: 37 (39)
Sack Yards Lost: 203 (255)

Of course, if Purdy did throw that much, I would assume some of those numbers would be lower. But Purdy was just so godly consistent. 9.6 yards per attempt. The second best QB in yards per attempt who threw the ball at least 100 times? Nick Mullens had 8.8. How about a QB who played at least 16 games? Tua Tagovailoa with 8.3 yards per attempt.

The only area Dak has Purdy are interceptions and TD:INT ratio. Even when you look at the rushing numbers, Dak has 242 yards and two tuddies. Purdy had 144 yards and two tuddies.

Just my thought process. I know the talk all season was about Dak being #2 in MVP voting and I just didn't believe the selection committee would go down that route. I felt Purdy was easily #2, though McCaffrey should've been number 1. Okay, maybe a little bit of bias there. But I'm okay with it.

I cant "easily" see it, nor is it well deserved. He wasnt top 10 in a single passing stat. Yeah, he was #1 in rushing yards for a QB, but he was also not even top 3 in rushing TDs for a QB. He was not even in the MVP conversation for like 11 weeks, and then he has a small handful of really good games and all of a sudden he is the frontrunner and eventual near unanimous choice? Yeah, miss me with that.

• Cosmo
They are asking SCAM if he trusts Purdy on a game winning drive. I can't even.... SCAM quit on his team in the Super Bowl. He didn't jump on the fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Then he walked out of the press conference because he couldn't handle the tough questions. Like a pouting, immature little baby.

Again, the fact Newton never calls him anything but Brock Parody says it all. No idea why people like Dan Patrick don't call him out for it. If someone went on these rants about Newton, calling him Scam Newton, media world would explode.

Prescott getting more than twice as many Top 3 votes as Purdy is hilariously disrespectful.

Neither did Jackson.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Feb 9, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Again, the fact Newton never calls him anything but Brock Parody says it all. No idea why people like Dan Patrick don't call him out for it. If someone went on these rants about Newton, calling him Scam Newton, media world would explode.

I feel no need to knock Newton, he was an unreal athlete, particularly in his younger days before he absorbed a ton of contact. He was like a more athletic Josh Allen, not quite as good a passer perhaps. He was like 6'5 250 and fit, linebackers were bouncing off him. Good deep ball. So sure from his eyes, he probably looks at Brock and says ok I can do 10x what he can do from an athletic standpoint, and sure you probably couldn't design run concepts for Brock like you could for Cam. That's just his opinion man, doesn't make him right, he's just approaching it from a different perspective. Purdy can play fast and go thru progressions quick and play the short and intermediate pass game better than prime Cam. I see lil need for the war of words, just go out and win the game, BP can sport a SB ring that speaks louder than any podcast.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Neither did Jackson.

I'm struck by the insulting fact that Lamar got '49' first place votes

Just a clown award to consider that CMC got zero first place votes. You have a bunch of media including Tom Brady saying they would vote CMC.
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Does he really call him that? I can't even really listen to it. I try not to click. But I know SCAM is an idiot.
Share 49ersWebzone