LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 270 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
The way people are talking about the chiefs defense, you would think they are the 85 bears. I understand they have a good secondary, but is their pass defense even top 5?

Yes, their pass defense is most certainly top 5.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
The way people are talking about the chiefs defense, you would think they are the 85 bears. I understand they have a good secondary, but is their pass defense even top 5?

Yes, their pass defense is most certainly top 5.

Took you maybe 9 months but you came around on that KC D debate
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NoCalNinerFan2024:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
A certain few speak facts and then theres the majority of ignore facts. I could see if Purdy dinked and dunked his way to the NFCC like Alex Smith did, then I wouldn't be so defensive. But Purdy throws dimes and is probably the most poised QB in the NFL. Purdy is #1 in the NFL when facing pressure, how is that a game manager or system QB??

At this point the critics still bringing up the same, tired arguments against Purdy are just fools, haters, or "gurus" who don't watch the film. If the Niners win Sunday that may still not be enough for the most inane. At that point they should go on permanent "ignore" status. My current ignore list:

sCam Newton
Amy Trask
Nick Wrong

There are others but those are the three I can think of quickly.

Nearly all commentators who don't analyze the all22 are garbage. Just drama and clickbait.
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

Just lost their best edge rusher too
And run stuffer
One more game and quite possibly Brock can walk away as Superstar QB Brock Purdy!
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
One more game and Brock will walk away as Superstar QB Brock Purdy!

Fixed that for you
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Been saying the same for months.
Originally posted by random49er:

Game manager isn't a bad thing, that's the problem for Fields, he lacks game manager ability. He wants every play to be a big play via the pass or with his legs so he just holds the football. Imagine being a WR, the timing of the drop is ball out on a 3 step and you are open and the ball is not out. So now you have to keep running around like a chicken with your head off on a scramble drill, and that's not just one play, every play is like that with him. It would get infuriating as a WR, or an OL having to pass protect for 8 secs every play, cuz the QB doesn't want to play on schedule or can't. So he needs to be able to be a game manager if he wants a longer career.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Game manager isn't a bad thing, that's the problem for Fields, he lacks game manager ability. He wants every play to be a big play via the pass or with his legs so he just holds the football. Imagine being a WR, the timing of the drop is ball out on a 3 step and you are open and the ball is not out. So now you have to keep running around like a chicken with your head off on a scramble drill, and that's not just one play, every play is like that with him. It would get infuriating as a WR, or an OL having to pass protect for 8 secs every play, cuz the QB doesn't want to play on schedule or can't. So he needs to be able to be a game manager if he wants a longer career.

💯

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

💯

Brock can game manage the s**t out of defenses for all i care, just bring home them super bowls baby
Originally posted by NoCalNinerFan2024:
They are asking SCAM if he trusts Purdy on a game winning drive. I can't even.... SCAM quit on his team in the Super Bowl. He didn't jump on the fumble because he didn't want to get hurt. Then he walked out of the press conference because he couldn't handle the tough questions. Like a pouting, immature little baby.

Yeah every time sCam opens his mouth to double down on his petty criticism of Purdy he reminds us all of what an ultimate joke he was. Had a good year, gets MVP, then hyped himself endlessly in commercials, promotional deals, the media, he's just the greatest, etc. Then totally bombs in the SB and soon after is nothing, gone. All talk no walk.

He's trying to rewrite history IMO. He was not all of that. Not what he believes. The ego is much bigger than the results and production were.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by goatroppolo:

Just lost their best edge rusher too
And run stuffer

And guard, Thuney officially out.
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Haha you gotta love that locked in, Christian Bale intensity stare. Surprised the Lombardi didn't melt with those laser beam eyes:)
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Share 49ersWebzone