LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
That MVP feeling kinda empty for Lamar and the Ravens fans, early top seed exit.

Good, they get a meaningless award while Brock and the 49ers get to play and possibly win in the Superbowl. I'm hoping Brock gets the Superbowl MVP, that's worth more than what crap award Lamar got.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by wallangong:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
CJ Stroud

"I don't agree with how they do Purdy. He's a dawg."

Next sentences...

"Anybody could do it there. That team is supposed to be in the Super Bowl. Any QB would have success there."

Is there some unedited version of this discussion because Stroud didn't say the bolded in the clips posted here. He said the team is great and should be in the SB, but he also complimented Brock and never said any QB could do it.

That's implied in what he said.

No it's not. Come on.

Stroud was complimenting Purdy... how did you take what he said and try to turn it negative lol..

I got that vibe too. He was saying that playing QB is hard. So man decisions. Yeah, he has weapons but, yeah, he was complimentary.

Agree, it was a compliment to Purdy.

And BTW, Stroud is going to be an absolute stud in this league. I want revenge this year for 2019. Next year we'll get revenge for 2012.

For me #6🏆 is revenge enough for Ravens and KC. Anything after that will be gravy.

Key for CJ Stroud to keep developing is to hang on to Slowik as long as possible. He'll probably be a head coach next year, but Demeco has to get a quality OC replacement for Stroud next year to keep him developing. Personally, from my eye, CJ Stroud and Brock feel like the same player. They have great accuracy, timing, and footwork. The difference is that CJ is on a much less talented team than Brock is.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Terminator status engaged. I'm surprised Brock didn't say, "your clothes, give dem to me, NOW!"
I hope Shanahan's plan is to run first. That's where we keep Mahomes off the field. And tire their D.

That's nothing against Purdy. But the Chiefs weakness needs to be exploited.

Purdy needs to stay calm and make throws when required.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Terminator status engaged. I'm surprised Brock didn't say, "your clothes, give dem to me, NOW!"

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Brock before the game:

BCB during the game
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
I hope Shanahan's plan is to run first. That's where we keep Mahomes off the field. And tire their D.

Yup. No time to worry about stupid narratives. Just win the game. If that means 150 yards and 0 TD's for Purdy, so be it. I don't care. Just do whatever needs to be done to win. Do NOT let the media get in your head!

Brock's College coach on him playing in the Super Bowl. He said it doesn't surprise him BTW. Interesting interview and take.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 9, 2024 at 7:28 PM ]

Originally posted by 49ers9797:

God you guys are so scared of purdy throwing lol

Brock be our Super Man Sunday!!!
Originally posted by BP13:
Brock before the game:

BCB during the game

Before:

During

[ Edited by Montana on Feb 9, 2024 at 8:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone