LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 296 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

f**k Simms. He jumped into line with the rest of the media to fondle Mahomes peas. Picked KC. 🖕🏻
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

GREAT clip
Originally posted by Furlow:

GREAT clip

To me Mahomes is the Lebron of the NFL. Everyone is so ready to crown him and dismiss anyone else who doesn't "look" the part.
"It wasn't about developing Brock, Brock was a really good player when he got here," 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said. "He got thrown into a position and competed with other guys and got his opportunity ... and when he came in he played at a high level right away. There was no time to develop him, we just had to throw him in.

"We hoped he would be good because he was in practice, but he was even better in the games."

Still blows my mind every time I read about this. How he had little to no development, able to learn Kyle's offense, and be this good from the get go, out of the box. Kyle had a hint, drafted Purdy, then realized, he's good in camp, but even he didn't know, Purdy was much better than he thought coming into his first game against the Dolphins. Getting answers under 2.5 seconds in the collapsing pocket like a 10 year vet.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cosmo:
f**k Simms. He jumped into line with the rest of the media to fondle Mahomes peas. Picked KC. 🖕🏻

To be fair with him, he wants the Niners to win. He wants Kyle to have his ring. And the reason he choosed the Chiefs is logical. He said that the Niners didn't play their best Football since Mid December while the Chiefs are peaking in the POs so it's hard for him to say the Niners will win. It's not like he said "I can't bet against Patrick Mahomes." like most of the medias. He also has some good things to say about Purdy but he always liked him so it's not a surprise.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Furlow:

GREAT clip

To me Mahomes is the Lebron of the NFL. Everyone is so ready to crown him and dismiss anyone else who doesn't "look" the part.

If that's the case hopefully Brock is the Steph Curry to Mahomes' Lebron

Kyle is my friend. Man GTFOH! We have the best players and we've been the best team all year but I guess Mahomes is MJ and Reid is Phil Jackson. I remember Reid was Kyle in PHI but now since he got Mahomes he's a GOAT all of a sudden

Well Mahomes ain't never beat us with Purdy under center and Purdy ain't Jimmy G. Jimmy is another failed ingrate. Kyle didn't pass less than 30 times over two games to get here in the postseason with Purdy as he did with Jimmy. This is the 2023 Niners Mahomes is gonna have to beat and I'm betting he cant
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Well Lebron loses a lotta Finals so we bout to get him this L right quick
Originally posted by pdc20:
To be fair with him, he wants the Niners to win. He wants Kyle to have his ring. And the reason he choosed the Chiefs is logical. He said that the Niners didn't play their best Football since Mid December while the Chiefs are peaking in the POs so it's hard for him to say the Niners will win. It's not like he said "I can't bet against Patrick Mahomes." like most of the medias. He also has some good things to say about Purdy but he always liked him so it's not a surprise.

You ever heard this thing about playing up to the level of your competition?

We have a team full of All Pros who have been hearing for the first time all year that there's a God in KC and a genius in Reid that gonna beat them.

Our guys aren't stupid. We see we're better than that KC team to a man and come Sunday our guys will manhandle these Chiefs.

I am telling you our guys don't just think they can win. They know that they will because the best AFC team in the Ravens ain't even playing in the Super Bowl
clown

media sucking up to him lol

Tom Pelissero has the best take I've heard on Purdy by far, and has provided the best counter arguments for Brock and the game-manager BS, by far.

He's picking the chiefs because Kyle told him to
Originally posted by pdc20:

Even Brett Kollmann said that on his recent Bootleg podcast. I love the guy and his content, but I feel there are times he and his buddy EJ just play media games and isn't as attune with teams as they make themselves out to be ie not calling out Wilk's issues on the defense.
Phil Simms lol
Sorry, this game is a little bit more complex than mojo lol.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
clown

media sucking up to him lol

Cam looking like a Dollar Tree Harry Potter.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 10, 2024 at 8:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone