There are 226 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
if the 2000 Ravens can win a SB with Dilfer, the 2022 49ers can win a SB with Purdy.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Mixed feelings. On one hand Purdy played great today. So I am hopeful he somehow is that guy we have been looking for. On the other hand, he is a rookie who was drafted with the last pick. Can he really get us there? History is not on our side with this. The high from the win is starting to wear off and worry is starting to set in.

Brady was drafted with pick 199 in round 6.

Do you think draft position matters?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yea man. I'm calling in Kap to back him up. No worries

If he couldn't read defenses at 29 he's not going to magically have learned with 6 years off.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Time for us to all rally around Brock Purdy. We can still win the SB with him.

good one. season is done for all all intents and purposes.

We almost won the Super Bowl twice despite Jimmy having something like a QB rating of 35 in the 4th quarter of playoff games. No reason to give up hope.

Uh huh. I'll enjoy watching the rest of the games since football season is so short, and I do give Purdy credit for today, but there is ZERO chance they're winning the super bowl. More power to you though.

Even if we had jimmy the rest of the way, how did fans think winning the super bowl was a thing? Did everyone here miss the Chiefs game? That team owns us with jimmy at the helm. Lets give this kid a chance. We really don't have a choice anyway so lets just get behind the kid.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Dec 4, 2022 at 5:14 PM ]
Only the 49ers could need their 3rd string QB to become the starter 12 games into the season. 🙄
Originally posted by boast:
if the 2000 Ravens can win a SB with Dilfer, the 2022 49ers can win a SB with Purdy.

Hell yea

I believe in miracles
Originally posted by dj43:
As far as an inexperienced QB and trying to win games, we are in the same place as we would have been if Trey Lance was the QB. At the beginning of the season, most of us would have been fine with that.

With this defense, I'm fine with that.

Good point. And honestly, Purdy's one game of tape is way better than any Lance has had with the Niners yet. But then I think of all the Qbs we have had to look good for one game only to turn out terrible. A 7th round rookie is hard to have a ton of faith in but he did look like the moment wasn't too big for him.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Good point. And honestly, Purdy's one game of tape is way better than any Lance has had with the Niners yet. But then I think of all the Qbs we have had to look good for one game only to turn out terrible. A 7th round rookie is hard to have a ton of faith in but he did look like the moment wasn't too big for him.

Im a huge trey fan but i was surprised at how much better purdy looked. Then my buddy reminded me that purdy actually played a ton of games in college.
Good thing he has 5 more games to get under his belt before the playoffs.

Learn fast kid

The defense is carrying this team where ever it goes this year. Any help from the offense will be icing on the cake

Purdy is the next Kurt Warner.
Kid has a bright future. Had some confidence as the game went on and not scared to throw in some tight windows. Ya I know he missed some home run plays but that expected for his first game as a rookie
There's a lot of talent around him so he doesn't have to be perfect. That's why I don't like the Nick Mullens comparisons.
Purdy played well. I like the fact he wasn't flustered.
A week to realize he's the 49ers QB, Purdy will collapse under the pressure. He's small and does not appear to have a strong arm.
i liked that completion he made while rolling out to his right
Share 49ersWebzone