LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 262 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by okdkid:
After tomorrow, he's either in the same group as Kap and Jimmy or the same group as Young and Montana.

No. He's in between if he loses. A SB loss in his first full year of starting is an incredible, exceptionally rare accomplishment.

Kap lost the Super Bowl in his first full year starting. Jimmy lost the Super Bowl in his first full year starting.

Purdy isn't either of them. If the Niners lose, it will either be a result of poor defensive play, or phenomenal play from Mahomes. I will NEVER group him with those dudes even if the 49ers lose. The beauty is they aren't losing tomorrow.

Ring's ideal monday morning newspaper headline: Niners Win in Spite of Purdy's Average Play
Originally posted by Chance:
After tomorrow, he's either in the same group as Kap and Jimmy or the same group as Young and Montana.

No. He's in between if he loses. A SB loss in his first full year of starting is an incredible, exceptionally rare accomplishment.

Kap lost the Super Bowl in his first full year starting. Jimmy lost the Super Bowl in his first full year starting.

Purdy isn't either of them. If the Niners lose, it will either be a result of poor defensive play, or phenomenal play from Mahomes. I will NEVER group him with those dudes even if the 49ers lose. The beauty is they aren't losing tomorrow.

Ring's ideal monday morning newspaper headline: Niners Win in Spite of Purdy's Average Play

You're right, my ideal Monday morning newspaper headline is "Niners Win"

Kap lost the Super Bowl in his first year starting. Jimmy lost the Super Bowl in his first full year starting.

Kap actually only started 7 regular season and 3 playoff games in 2012 (including SB LXVII vs the Ravens). In his first full year starting he lost to the Seahawks in the NFCCG.

If that makes you feel any better

Exactly right. I wasn't accusing of not wanting the Niners to win, just the other part.

Exactly right. I wasn't accusing of not wanting the Niners to win, just the other part.

No way. No matter what a win puts his name in 49ers lore along with Young and Montana, but I hope he plays the game of his life and saves us from several more months of national media discourse about "game changers" vs. "game managers" and "is Brock Purdy good or just a product of the system?"
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Feb 10, 2024 at 11:13 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Cam looking like a Dollar Tree Harry Potter.

Anything for attention sCam will do. Including making inane comments about a QB that has already shown he is better than sCam was...
Originally posted by Giedi:
I've always thought Kyle and Brock had photographic memory regarding anything football. this HC/QB pairing will only get better. One example, get him some bigger/stronger interior OLinemen, and Brock's passing I think it can get even better.

Yes, and now that they have their franchise QB they can build around him. There may be some stars exiting in the next 1-2 years, but they'll have opportunities to address some other needed upgrades too.
It's more than evident. Imagine someone going on every talk show to say he's no good, but calling him Scam Newton everytime they said his name. That's exactly what he's doing by calling Brock "Brock Parody." There is no case to be made that Purdy is hard to pronounce, and if it was, he would just call him Brock. Instead, he says it over and over again. After tomorrow, Brock Donna be like Ali sayin "What's my name?!?!?"
I'd bet sCam will fade quickly as everyone realizes he's wrong and a clown. If Niners win and Purdy is MVP tomorrow sCam will be a certified fool and he will have little future in football commenting. Too bad the dopes in the media who still deny Purdy's status won't fade as fast; they'll probably just pivot and start saying they said he was that good, really.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by NoCalNinerFan2024:
It's more than evident. Imagine someone going on every talk show to say he's no good, but calling him Scam Newton everytime they said his name. That's exactly what he's doing by calling Brock "Brock Parody." There is no case to be made that Purdy is hard to pronounce, and if it was, he would just call him Brock. Instead, he says it over and over again. After tomorrow, Brock Donna be like Ali sayin "What's my name?!?!?"
I'd bet sCam will fade quickly as everyone realizes he's wrong and a clown. If Niners win and Purdy is MVP tomorrow sCam will be a certified fool and he will have little future in football commenting. Too bad the dopes in the media who still deny Purdy's status won't fade as fast; they'll probably just pivot and start saying they said he was that good, really.

I hadn't thought of that angle but you're 100% correct. One more gift we're gonna get when the Niners win! Had damn, it's gonna be like Xmas!
Face of the league.

And it's just what the NFL needs instead of another wife-beater, criminal, or thug in the news. If the Niners win tomorrow and Purdy gets MVP maybe Taylor will dump Kelce and date Purdy....I don't want any of that but the NFL sure would love it... (and Purdy already has a fiance who is a doll, he's dated since college). I was just talking NFL marketing fantasy.

One more comment about the game tomorrow: Refs STAY OUT OF GAME DETERMINATION MODE! Either just keep those flags in your pockets or call a clean, fair game, NO NONSENSE like we saw last time these teams met.
[ Edited by NoCalNinerFan2024 on Feb 10, 2024 at 11:49 PM ]

Anna Frey is our only hope.

4 Tuddies!
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I'm sure someone already posted it but Richard Sherman seriously.^^
"I don't think he's going to change anybody's mind," Sherman said. "The people who think he's bad now will think he's bad after a Super Bowl MVP. He's the kind of guy if he was walking on water, they'd say it's because he can't swim.".^^
[ Edited by pdc20 on Feb 11, 2024 at 1:30 AM ]
The real MVP!

Prove me right, Brock!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He has a 60-min game with the potential to add $100M+ in lifetime earnings by winning. Moments like these are really rare, but he's 60-min away from full-blown celebrity.

Meh, this game won't determine his payday. Brock is gonna get paid top QB money when the team
is able to pay him, and he's already earned it. Just like Aiyuk. Chase Young is about the only guy I can think of who stands to earn a bigger check from this game. Maybe Kinlaw.

You're thinking about the salary only. He gets into endorsement deals on national stage with SB

Exactly. More endorsements, interviews, guest spots, etc. This team has some pretty marketable personalities as well.
Originally posted by pdc20:
I'm sure someone already posted it but Richard Sherman seriously.^^
"I don't think he's going to change anybody's mind," Sherman said. "The people who think he's bad now will think he's bad after a Super Bowl MVP. He's the kind of guy if he was walking on water, they'd say it's because he can't swim.".^^

That's true.
Share 49ersWebzone