LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 237 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Love you Brock, so proud of you

+1. A lot to overcome, including teammates choking, getting injured, and your coach having a mini meltdown for the 2nd and 3rd quarter.
He played fine, but the media will put it on him for *insert reason.*
He played well
He needs a vastly upgraded oline.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I mean so did Mahomes, he rarely had time to do anything.
To me, he played well. I don't know why they don't bootleg him out like they used to with Steve Young? He throws well on the fly.
No wonder he's being called game manager. You can clearly see the big gap between Mahomes talent and Purdy
Originally posted by Miranda:
No wonder he's being called game manager. You can clearly see the big gap between Mahomes talent and Purdy

You mean a 7-8 year player vs a 1.5 year player
Brock played well. His weapons failed him and disappeared besides jennings.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Kid did good hell he's only played a season and not even a half of another and in the Superbowl.

Anyone blaming Purdy is either an emotional moron or football dumb. Or both. The o line played well the first quarter then got owned. Chris jones again dominated.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I mean so did Mahomes, he rarely had time to do anything.

Mahomes is a first ballot HOFer in his 7th year who is going to appear in 10+ Super Bowls when it is all said and done, and be considered the Greatest QB of All Time. Let's not expect the same from Purdy, yeah? The kid played well, but like every QB in history except Mahomes he needs better OL protection. Chris Jones wrecked timing on multiple would-be TDs. Blocking him changes the game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
You mean a 7-8 year player vs a 1.5 year player
I'm talking about talent not how long they're playing
He still didn't use his legs enough

Thats where Mahomes beat Purdy

He out ran him
I'm excited to see his growth next year. He never looked overwhelmed by the moment.
Share 49ersWebzone