LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 268 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Miranda:
Originally posted by jreff22:
You mean a 7-8 year player vs a 1.5 year player
I'm talking about talent not how long they're playing

Every QB in history isn't as good as Mahomes. Montana, Brady, Elway - Mahomes is already better than all of them. So, yeah, Purdy not being as good as Mahomes is not exactly a profound statement.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Anyone blaming Purdy is either an emotional moron or football dumb. Or both. The o line played well the first quarter then got owned. Chris jones again dominated.

Yep
FWIW, they got owned when everyone blamed Jimmy too.

But then, time has proven that Brock is already light years better than Jimmy. But that's been a staple. The offensive line getting owned in key losses.
Anyone blaming Purdy is either an emotional moron or football dumb. Or both. The o line played well the first quarter then got owned. Chris jones again dominated.

Their OL sucked as well, the difference is their guys showed up to make enough plays.

Our top 3 guys were almost invisible. Gotta win those 1v1s against man, and BA and Deebo didn't do that.

I do blame Kyle of not getting CMC and Kittle more involved in the passing game, he should've realized our outside WRs aren't winning their matchups.

Jennings the only WR that showed up, pathetic.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:

Yep
FWIW, they got owned when everyone blamed Jimmy too.

But then, time has proven that Brock is already light years better than Jimmy. But that's been a staple. The offensive line getting owned in key losses.

Jimmy sucked ass and choked in big moments, Purdy doesn't choke. This is wasn't a QB play issue like it was with Jimmy.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Their OL sucked as well, the difference is their guys showed up to make enough plays.

Our top 3 guys were almost invisible. Gotta win those 1v1s against man, and BA and Deebo didn't do that.

I do blame Kyle of not getting CMC and Kittle more involved in the passing game, he should've realized our outside WRs aren't winning their matchups.

Deebo really isn't a man beating receiver consistently. He can make plays when given the ball in space, but I'm not expecting Deebo to beat two elite corners. Aiyuk on the other hand, I would expect it, but not a lot. Kelce didn't get going until Greenlaw was out and the Chiefs were smart about that- attacking an actual weakness.
He ain't it and he sucks.

Shanahan is god and needs to just keep throwing draft picks down the toilet until he gets cam newton with brocks brain the maybe he can win a SB...

Also would be good to spot him 4 all pros on the offensive line and maybe a couple of defenses all pros as well.

Stack th deck until a monkey can win the SB the. Maybe shanahan will win.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Deebo really isn't a man beating receiver consistently. He can make plays when given the ball in space, but I'm not expecting Deebo to beat two elite corners. Aiyuk on the other hand, I would expect it, but not a lot. Kelce didn't get going until Greenlaw was out and the Chiefs were smart about that- attacking an actual weakness.

All of this and I eluded to it earlier in the year. Aiyuk is amazing but tbh he's not a true #1. We don't have the Wr1 wideouts toss and turn over.

Not sure how young you are, but bill Walsh once said I can fine a qb every generation good enough to win a sb. I'd be lucky to ever find another Jerry rice.

all that being said none of it matters when most of the time Purdy doesn't have the protection to get the ball to them either. That's the core issue.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
I'm excited to see his growth next year. He never looked overwhelmed by the moment.

Exactly. I dont think people understand how hard it is to play like Purdy just played in the superbowl. Honestly I thought he played a great smart game. Just one play here and there away from getting it done. Honestly Purdy is probably one of the last people I would blame for this loss.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
I like purdy. He's good. But he ain't it. After this game it is clear. The difference in play was crazy. Blitz purdy, he panicked and miss wide open jennings. Blitz mahomes, hes cold and hits the open guy. When the game is on the line mahomes gets better. He also makes some dumb decisions at times. Chucking it to receivers when they have all pro dbs on them. Doing a jimmy and overthrowing a wide open deebo for a td. He can be good but he will never be a mahomes/allen level guy
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Shanahan is god and needs to just keep throwing draft picks down the toilet until he gets cam newton with brocks brain the maybe he can win a SB...

Also would be good to spot him 4 all pros on the offensive line and maybe a couple of defenses all pros as well.

Just you suck

We had that TD to Jennings too if the OL just blocks for .5 sec longer.

So many f**k ups,

Bad penalties, deep ball to BA, fumble by CMC, blocked PAT, muffed punt, Greenlaw injury...
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Is this satirical?
Originally posted by q0c0p:
I like purdy. He's good. But he ain't it. After this game it is clear. The difference in play was crazy. Blitz purdy, he panicked and miss wide open jennings. Blitz mahomes, hes cold and hits the open guy. When the game is on the line mahomes gets better. He also makes some dumb decisions at times. Chucking it to receivers when they have all pro dbs on them. Doing a jimmy and overthrowing a wide open deebo for a td. He can be good but he will never be a mahomes/allen level guy

As if the game wasn't bad enough, I had to read this awful "analysis." Go to bed.

We had that TD to Jennings too if the OL just blocks for .5 sec longer.

So many f**k ups,

Bad penalties, deep ball to BA, fumble by CMC, blocked PAT, muffed punt, Greenlaw injury...

Yup. Lot of unfortunate factors.
Originally posted by q0c0p:

Other then Maholmes, who is it? Allen hasn't really won anything either. I get that he doesn't have a very good team, but Brock just started 1 and a half season and game back from the horrible elbow injury.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Feb 11, 2024 at 8:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone