LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 203 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Purdy needs to make electrifying plays not just game manage
Honestly I thought Purdy did well and was pretty clutch down the stretch. Yeah he's not Mahomes but nobody is. But he played well enough to put SF in a position to win. Made some legit throws and was poised.

He did his part. Probably one of the only silver linings in this loss.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brock overthrew Brandon and Deebo twice in the end zone

He is not that much better than Jimmy who did the same thing in the Superbowl he played in

Yup. Why cant people remember this? A lot of people are letting him slide. I like brock but he missed easy throws
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm still up in the air with Brock.. I feel like he hasn't played that great sense the ravens game.. It's he really him?

Start with the OL. Wanna run a pocket passer, you better be able to pass block and this OL just isn't it. Outside of Williams and maybe Banks, which of these guys are starting for most NFL teams?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Purdy is the guy…. We just couldn't do it for him. Not his fault

Agreed. Very few other players stepped up like he did. Coaches definitely did not.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by q0c0p:
I like purdy. He's good. But he ain't it. After this game it is clear. The difference in play was crazy. Blitz purdy, he panicked and miss wide open jennings. Blitz mahomes, hes cold and hits the open guy. When the game is on the line mahomes gets better. He also makes some dumb decisions at times. Chucking it to receivers when they have all pro dbs on them. Doing a jimmy and overthrowing a wide open deebo for a td. He can be good but he will never be a mahomes/allen level guy

You're comparing a guy who's won multiple Super Bowls, including this one, to a second year player. We also forced Mahomes into an interception which Purdy didn't do. We forced Mahomes into an intentional grounding penalty. Purdy had a defender in his face right away and he pivoted and hit CMC on a dump off. He hit Juice for a key first down. Hit Kittle to convert 4th down. Josh Allen did the exact same thing that Purdy did- miss on an easy touchdown because Chris Jones got in his face.

This is just wrong.

Some of these guys don't know what game they are watching.

People act like Mahomes just lit this game on fire. They had three points at halftime and scores 19 at the end of regulation. 7 of those points came off the muffed punt. Yes, Mahomes played great at the end when it mattered like he always did but people need to pump the breaks on this false narrative that mahomes was so much better out there then Purdy.

Purdy got us the lead with his last possession to end regulation. Defense couldn't finish it. Purdy led us down in OT and had to settle for a field goal while Mahomes drove down and got the TD. This idea that Purdy a second year player who had a great game and season is not capable of beating mahomes is just nonsense.

He is not that much better than Jimmy who did the same thing in the Superbowl he played in

Yup. Why cant people remember this? A lot of people are letting him slide. I like brock but he missed easy throws

brandon stopped running on that

he had chris jones in his face on the deebo one and then threw a TD right after
Honestly didn't play that bad. We muffed a punt. Give them 7. Miss an extra point. 1 more. We gave them 8 points. Purdy was not wild throwing picks all over the field. His final stat line was pretty good. Good enough to win. Other stuff tanked us. He was not awful in the Super Bowl. For a very young 2nd year player facing Mahomes I thought he played pretty well overall.
Mahomes is a best QB in the league, nobody is "him"
if that's the comparison. Purdy is "him" if you want the best QB for our team.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

He was getting hit on those throws. Ridiculous expectations. Probably two bots talking.

Purdy needs to make electrifying plays not just game manage

This is the reason I may stop watching the NFL. I don't like the backyard football stuff taking over the conversation of how to play QB. It takes away from the best part of the sport: the strategic execution marriage of smarts and skill.
He's good but you need greatness to beat Mahomes and the other big dogs in this league.
You either win or you lose

Garcia, Jimmy and Brock all lost

Purdy will always have the game manager title till he wins a Superbowl. That may be his only chance.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Feb 11, 2024 at 8:45 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I'm good with Purdy going forward.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Anyone blaming Purdy is either an emotional moron or football dumb. Or both. The o line played well the first quarter then got owned. Chris jones again dominated.

Their OL sucked as well, the difference is their guys showed up to make enough plays.

Our top 3 guys were almost invisible. Gotta win those 1v1s against man, and BA and Deebo didn't do that.

I do blame Kyle of not getting CMC and Kittle more involved in the passing game, he should've realized our outside WRs aren't winning their matchups.

Jennings the only WR that showed up, pathetic.

Deebo really isn't a man beating receiver consistently. He can make plays when given the ball in space, but I'm not expecting Deebo to beat two elite corners. Aiyuk on the other hand, I would expect it, but not a lot. Kelce didn't get going until Greenlaw was out and the Chiefs were smart about that- attacking an actual weakness.
now, Deebo is getting plenty of money. he better show up when it matters the most

He could've. But that isn't the way you use him- not against those corners. Get the ball in space, get it to him quickly, and force them to make a tackle. Deebo is not beating elite corners running routes as a traditional receiver. Every pass Brock threw, it seemed like someone was always on him.
Share 49ersWebzone