LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 184 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Brock can only game manage.

That means he can't make anything special happen

Mahomes does that for breakfast.

Stop with all these unconnected posts. You sound like a bot.
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Hes him in the sense of working well in this offense. But he's never going to go out there and just take over and win it for us. I mean the offense is loaded and we still lost. KC has a bunch of scrubs. But Mahomes is him.

Exactly

Lol you guys are idiots...

He should have had a shot at it on 2nd down and goal and fourth down and goal...

Instead our brilliant coach decided not to let him try and only gave him one shot at it on third down ...

The fact that these low percentage plays may need multiple attempts should be obvious to you guys...

Reality tonight was purdy had to beat shanahan, reid, and spagnulo, while mahomes only had to beat wilks with shanahan helping him...

The odds were stacked against him.. he almost pulled it off also with only one coin flip

Our coaching sucks...
Originally posted by pd24:
I'm good with Purdy going forward.

Same. He played well even though he was under constant pressure and had blitzers coming at him from all directions.

Look at the OL's that guys like Brady and Brees had in front of them for most of their time, that is what the 49ers should be trying to emulate if they are going to commit to him as the franchise QB. That and shoring up the secondary should be the main priorities going forward.
Originally posted by bud49:

Quandry is there is only one Mahomes and some people think a QB with his talent grows on trees, "They're like just go and draft one" you know Purdy may be the next best thing to Mahomes but Mahomes is just that far ahead of him and all the other QB's

I know.

We took Solomon Thomas
Then Trey Lance
The coach is a big problem in big games

Should have gone for the jugular.
When your QB had multiple game winning drives at the end of a game, the defense has to stop the other team....simple as that....the defense can't let the other team win, just because they have the ball last....

100% on the defense.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Quandry is there is only one Mahomes and some people think a QB with his talent grows on trees, "They're like just go and draft one" you know Purdy may be the next best thing to Mahomes but Mahomes is just that far ahead of him and all the other QB's

I know.

We took Solomon Thomas
Then Trey Lance

Yes, Mahomes is a great one.

Anyone else except Brady struggles.

Purdy is just fine. People forget he was the highest-ranked passer in just about every category this year. The fact the right side of the OL was a turnstile against KC is not Purdy's fault. You can't complete passes when you have through off your back foot much of the time.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
No the play took forever to develop. How many times was Mahomes sitting back there forever in the second half?

Look man I'm not here to change your opinions people think what they think, these opinions are just mine you dont need to agree. If you think purdy can be our savior I'm not gonna argue how you be a fan, its cool. If you're happy with perpetual playoff games then ok, that's on you. At the end of the day we root for the same team. It is what it is
He ok, he ain't elite tho, if he was we be hoisting the Lombardi, I feel our team is better than the chiefs but they won cause they got a better qb

Not faulting Purdy but if we handled our business on that last drive in the 4th Mahomes would never have even touched the ball. Convert 1 1st down and it's effectively over. The team has to play better if it wants to win it all and that includes Purdy.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 11, 2024 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

Stop with all these unconnected posts. You sound like a bot.

He's been banned before...
The coach is a big problem in big games

Should have gone for the jugular.

TWO downs inside the 5. yard line.. we have the best RB in the NFL.. and Shanny gets cute once again on 3and 4..
Originally posted by dj43:
Purdy is just fine. People forget he was the highest-ranked passer in just about every category this year. The fact the right side of the OL was a turnstile against KC is not Purdy's fault. You can't complete passes when you have through off your back foot much of the time.

I look forward to the review when KC clearly has pre snap blitz and Romo is calling it out, and we have nothing on for a hot option. We do these in and out routes which have zero chance. Guys not even looking for the football.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pd24:
I'm good with Purdy going forward.

Same. He played well even though he was under constant pressure and had blitzers coming at him from all directions.

Look at the OL's that guys like Brady and Brees had in front of them for most of their time, that is what the 49ers should be trying to emulate if they are going to commit to him as the franchise QB. That and shoring up the secondary should be the main priorities going forward.

The difference in the game was the quality of the KC IOL and the All-Pro/Pro Bowlers they have in the secondary.
Share 49ersWebzone