There are 208 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Fix this s**t.

I have zero idea what the hell McKivitz was doing here.

Seemed like a communication breakdown between RG and RT. Brutal.

I agree. Burford missed his assignment. Nothing new for him. That is why Jon Feliciano was starting. Once he went out, protection got worse.

the ONLY mistake here was the freaking play call.. we had two (2) downs to at least get the 1st down, then 4 more to get into the endzone.. Shanny just doesn't learn w/his stupid game calling plays..

Aiyuk was butt wide open in the endzone. If the OL doesn't let Jones rush in unimpeded then its a touchdown.
I just don't think hes a special quarterback.

Probably predicting a regression next year unfortunately.

Yeah they need a new offensive line on the right side, but I think Kyle and Lynch will draft an edge rusher in the 1st rd to replace Chase Young.
Fix this s**t.

I agree. Burford missed his assignment. Nothing new for him. That is why Jon Feliciano was starting. Once he went out, protection got worse.

the ONLY mistake here was the freaking play call.. we had two (2) downs to at least get the 1st down, then 4 more to get into the endzone.. Shanny just doesn't learn w/his stupid game calling plays..

this is a running play and if you get to 4th and 1 then you decide if you run again or kick the field goal.
Fix this s**t.

Aiyuk was butt wide open in the endzone. If the OL doesn't let Jones rush in unimpeded then its a touchdown.

Shoulda coulda woulda, we ain't the champs, it's like dejavu from 2019, Chris jones blew up the middle then too, bottom line is Chris jones does that to everyone, we were just not good enough
TWO downs inside the 5. yard line.. we have the best RB in the NFL.. and Shanny gets cute once again on 3and 4..

I don't know why the f**k he didn't run left behind Trent and kittle on 2nd down
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Yeah they need a new offensive line on the right side, but I think Kyle and Lynch will draft an edge rusher in the 1st rd to replace Chase Young.

I agree the 49ers need someone to get them over the hump. 49ers needed TDs not FGs.

The difference is Mahomes he owns us.
Originally posted by pd24:
I'm good with Purdy going forward.

Same. He played well even though he was under constant pressure and had blitzers coming at him from all directions.

Look at the OL's that guys like Brady and Brees had in front of them for most of their time, that is what the 49ers should be trying to emulate if they are going to commit to him as the franchise QB. That and shoring up the secondary should be the main priorities going forward.

The difference in the game was the quality of the KC IOL and the All-Pro/Pro Bowlers they have in the secondary.

Im jealous of their interior.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Im jealous of their interior.

They should be going o-line maybe round 1 and 2. If we ever get a great o-line watch out

I disagree. I think he's excellent and with better protection we win this game easy.

Drafting an edge rusher would be a criminal offense. I get we need help there if Chase walks, but we have seen what's bitten us in 4 playoff loses. The D-line, even when elite (2019 and 2021) cannot close the game. Build the Oline, draft the next Omenihu and Ebukam in the 4th. Said player will face no double teams. I'm all in on OL.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Drafting an edge rusher would be a criminal offense. I get we need help there if Chase walks, but we have seen what's bitten us in 4 playoff loses. The D-line, even when elite (2019 and 2021) cannot close the game. Build the Oline, draft the next Omenihu and Ebukam in the 4th. Said player will face no double teams. I'm all in on OL.

Agreed O-line is where we need to invest. I'd go out top 2 picks there. Draft an edge later as well as a nice run stuffing DT like DJ Jones was for us. Hopefully bring back Ferrell and hopefully drake can give us good snaps next year.

Or he could improve even more, which is all he's actually done so far.
Or he could improve even more, which is all he's actually done so far.

If he keeps improving then the window is wide open for the foreseeable future. If he plateaus then next year May be the year we gotta get it done before he gets paid
We need Kirk Cousins
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
We need Kirk Cousins

Brock is better than cousins no we don't
Share 49ersWebzone