LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 241 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Im jealous of their interior.

They should be going o-line maybe round 1 and 2. If we ever get a great o-line watch out

This is assuming they'll even make OL a priority
KC was the #2 defense allowing under 17 a game for the year. And in the postseason they held Lamar to 10, Allen to 24. Even if we had an elite qb at some point you got to credit their d.
Anyone with eyes knows we need to improve the O line. But we've been saying that for years, so who knows?
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by captveg:
Or he could improve even more, which is all he's actually done so far.

If he keeps improving then the window is wide open for the foreseeable future. If he plateaus then next year May be the year we gotta get it done before he gets paid

One of the things I've seen the last few games from Purdy that really impressed me is that with better DB opposition he trusted a guy like Conley of all people on a few key plays. It really shows just how smart and confident he is as a QB and that he goes through his reads efficiently and doesn't let the perception of the receiver influence him. You get open and are the next read he throws it to you, period. These are vet like decisions out of a barely 24-year-old 2nd year player.

These are the things that make me think he'll continue to improve, but even if he plateau's at this year's level he's got as good a chance as any NFC QB at getting back to the SB. And if he gets a little more help up front he could very well win one or two.

Plus he's fun to watch. Sometimes you gotta remember that it's entertainment, and watching certain players play well is a big aspect to why.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 11, 2024 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I just don't think hes a special quarterback.

Probably predicting a regression next year unfortunately.

Or he could improve even more, which is all he's actually done so far.

I just see a guy that doesn't play well against elite defenses. Stunk against the Ravens. Played just OK today, but shrunk in big moments.

Is it all on him? No. But I am certainly not going to call him a special quarterback anymore. Some guys calling him the next Brady because he was overlooked in the draft 😂.

We will see if he can improve, but I see a roster thats aging and in decline. Will be tough
I just see a guy that doesn't play well against elite defenses. Stunk against the Ravens. Played just OK today, but shrunk in big moments.

Is it all on him? No. But I am certainly not going to call him a special quarterback anymore. Some guys calling him the next Brady because he was overlooked in the draft 😂.

We will see if he can improve, but I see a roster thats aging and in decline. Will be tough

He is a 2nd year QB. An MVP candidate and a 3-1 TD/Int ratio guy.

Second year. Coming off major injury and limited offseason.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Shanny and Lynch should be forever grateful to Brock, he saved both their asses.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He is a 2nd year QB. An MVP candidate and a 3-1 TD/Int ratio guy.

Second year. Coming off major injury and limited offseason.

Purdy isn't the issue. When plays where there he had pressure that killed it etc. Obviously once film is looked at more will be revealed but imo he wasn't the reason we lost.
Anyone knocking Purdy should quit watching football and go watch cricket instead. Brock balled out hard this year. He's barely 24 years old. The kid is a stud. He was not the reason we lost today.

What big moments did he shrink in?

I get we are all hurting tonight but Jesus I swear people are saying wild things after tonight.

MVPurdy
Originally posted by Koldo:
Shanny and Lynch should be forever grateful to Brock, he saved both their asses.

Yup. Lost in all this post SB discussion is how 3 first round draft picks might have helped this team win. But if not for Brock, this team is nowhere close to a SB and is still looking for its QB1
[ Edited by CardinalGold on Feb 11, 2024 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Yup. Lost in all this post SB discussion is how 3 first round draft picks might have helped this team win. But if not for Brock, this team is nowhere close to a SB and is still looking for its QB1

We were unlucky last year, when our team was better overall (at least IMO).

We really blew it in '21 though. That Rams loss was the worst of the Kyle era IMO. To have a team you own ahead of you and then that Bengals team instead of the Mahomes Chiefs… rough.
Could you imagine if this baller had any semblance of time in the pocket next season? Sigh
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by CardinalGold:

We were unlucky last year, when our team was better overall (at least IMO).

We really blew it in '21 though. That Rams loss was the worst of the Kyle era IMO. To have a team you own ahead of you and then that Bengals team instead of the Mahomes Chiefs… rough.

I'd agree with this. But we didn't have Brock in that game. It's truly that game and not SB54 that proved that Jimmy needed to be replaced.
Share 49ersWebzone