LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 170 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Drafting an edge rusher in the first would be in a word- stupid. That style isn't going to get it done.

Also, Brock is pretty lights out when protected. After the Chiefs got mauled by the Bucs, they built up that O-line. Brock did what he did with a bottom third O line in terms of pass pro. What would he do if our line was just average? Not great,not good,just average?

We've seen Tom Brady and Patrick Mahommes fold with the heat on them. Brock went to OT with an all time great QB. He's the least of my worries.

Chiefs O line was terrible last night. Couldn't run against our bad run D and their tackles were awful.

O line needs to be upgraded but Brock also must take the next step. Two separate issues.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Agree, if the EDGE is far and away a better player than the available OT, take the Edge. our D line needs depth badly, they got gassed and we could not rotate. When it was all on the line Pat had time - he was running for his life for the 1st half and early Q3

He didn't really have time though. What he had was easy dumpoffs consistently. 2nd and 14 and the 9ers put everyone guarding the sticks and he gets a free 8 yards. Spags never does that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Fix this s**t.

I have zero idea what the hell McKivitz was doing here.

Seemed like a communication breakdown between RG and RT. Brutal.

I agree. Burford missed his assignment. Nothing new for him. That is why Jon Feliciano was starting. Once he went out, protection got worse.

the ONLY mistake here was the freaking play call.. we had two (2) downs to at least get the 1st down, then 4 more to get into the endzone.. Shanny just doesn't learn w/his stupid game calling plays..

Aiyuk was butt wide open in the endzone. If the OL doesn't let Jones rush in unimpeded then its a touchdown.

I kept correcting people earlier thinking Jennings was being mistaken for Aiyuk. my bad.

the worst part is JENNINGS was wide-ass open as well. he beat his man pretty good
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Chiefs O line was terrible last night. Couldn't run against our bad run D and their tackles were awful.

O line needs to be upgraded but Brock also must take the next step. Two separate issues.

when it mattered most though, Pat had the time. our pass rush got gassed due to zero depth. I bet we win the game if instead of signing Hargrave we kept omenihu, ebukam and got a cheaper run stuffing DT
Purdy made some insane plays under duress. Other times he had misses, but he was under pressure all game.

Give him more time and we win.
He never lost his cool. In his first year as a starter and he almost did it. With a full offseason and this experience, dude is gonna put together another MVP worthy season.
I find the MVP talk so tiresome

Really, the only thing that this postseason proved is that it's such a worthless award that doesn't mean jack.

And yes, this definitely applies to Lamar Jackson too. Another guy that can't play good in the playoffs.

Sorry, I don't think I will be that enamored if Purdy puts up stellar regular season statistics again next year. We all know deep down what is really going to count at the end of the day
Suprised he was able to make It through the entire game without being hurt from how bad the protection was at times.

I'm honestly not sure what Kyle and Lynch we're thinking when they thought Mcs**tty would be good enough to be our starting right tackle.
We need to invest heavily into OL. I'm talking high draft picks and signing someone with proven experience
When he has guys coming at him and he's running away, which he did pretty consistently, I'd like him to throw the ball into the ground near the receiver, not hit a completion for a 5-8 yard loss.

Originally posted by PurdyHardRightNow:
We need to invest heavily into OL. I'm talking high draft picks and signing someone with proven experience

Agreed. We need to prioritize the OL and secondary this off-season.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Allowed fewer hurries and pressures against a stud DL lineup than the 49ers did against random backup level players and Chris Jones.

And this was without an All Pro guard in Thuney.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by PurdyHardRightNow:

Agreed. We need to prioritize the OL and secondary this off-season.

Safe to say the front office plan to save money by starting McKivitz blew up at the worst possible moment.
this guy had BA wide open in the endzone but didnt even look his way...
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
this guy had BA wide open in the endzone but didnt even look his way...

Jennings was wide open to. It didn't matter either way, McK just stood there and forgot to block the best DT in the league
Share 49ersWebzone