There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by jed_X:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Protect Purdy and we win. No doubt in my mind.

McKivitz allowed a free rusher at least twice, including the final play. Shoot, if he only chipped the guy, it would have been a TD.

You can get 5 Trent's, if we don't have a plan for a hot route, or don't have a plan on protection and who blocks who, you get unblocked guys and no answer. A lot of these routes are annoying in and out stuff that isn't a quick option. You are waiting on the route to unfold and getting smoked.

Unfortunately, thats not how kyle teaches his offense. I remember reading a tweet how Matt Lafleur allows Love to change or slide protection while kyle doesn't do that.

I literally watched plays this year, when Love recognized presnap blitz, so he calls in the TE on protection and throws a strike TD. I believe on the back breaker TD vs DAL to Wicks if I am recalling from memory vs zero. Stunning Love and all those TEs and WRs are so young, many rookies, and they make QB protection look so easy. We couldn't touch Love. Meanwhile, our QBs for years are getting blown the eff up. With a HOF LT btw.

Kyle runs this b***h.
Originally posted by HawkBearPig:
Purdy's numbers are a result of the circumstances around him in those situations. The offense as a group shat the bed in those situations. But let's only hold Purdy responsible. Okay.

Who is only holding Purdy accountable? He is the QB and if he is going to get the credit for the win then he is going to share in the blame for the loss.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's to blame in the sense that he's the QB and we couldn't score more than 19 points against what was an up and down KC team all year long. But to lay blame on him as the primary reason we lost is not fair. Our HC/OC s**t the bed....again.

Sure, but his portion of the blame is like 1/10 of what should be assigned to the OL and the coaching.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Purdy's numbers are a result of the circumstances around him in those situations. The offense as a group shat the bed in those situations. But let's only hold Purdy responsible. Okay.

Who is only holding Purdy accountable? He is the QB and if he is going to get the credit for the win then he is going to share in the blame for the loss.

The fact that people in here are even posting critical takes that take the form of "well, he might not be our guy" is mind blowing. Like sure, point out his mistakes in the game but at least put them in context. His portion of the blame is like 1/10 of with should be assigned to the OL and the playcalling.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Originally posted by Chance:
What is Brock worth when his contract is up vs what he is going to ask for? If he asks for Dak type money I think based on what he has shown I might say no. I think he is a good NFL QB but if we have to get weaker across the board I just don't see him being able to carry a team.

I agree. I think we should go back to the drawing board and just grab another 7th round MVP candidate QB.

What is the score if we flip QB's last night? Would you trade Purdy for Love? Stroud? both are essentially rookies. What makes him so valuable right now is he is out performing his current contract. That will not be the case next contract. What is is worth. I can at least 12 QB's Id take over him. He is a good NFL QB but breaking the bank might be risky
The fact that there's 12 QBs you'd take over him tells me all I need to know.

Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Burrow
Rogers
Herbert
Stroud
Lawrence
Love
Cousins
Prescott
Stafford

maybe
Goff
Hurts
Murray
What is Brock worth when his contract is up vs what he is going to ask for? If he asks for Dak type money I think based on what he has shown I might say no. I think he is a good NFL QB but if we have to get weaker across the board I just don't see him being able to carry a team.

I agree. I think we should go back to the drawing board and just grab another 7th round MVP candidate QB.

What is the score if we flip QB's last night? Would you trade Purdy for Love? Stroud? both are essentially rookies. What makes him so valuable right now is he is out performing his current contract. That will not be the case next contract. What is is worth. I can at least 12 QB's Id take over him. He is a good NFL QB but breaking the bank might be risky

I think Purdy played as well as Mahomes last night. Didn't turn the ball over and made some absolutely critical plays in the 4th and overtime. He gets a block from Burford on the final offensive play and we are talking about the next superstar QB in the NFL. That's a throw he makes to JJ in his sleep, up TD in OT instead of a FG. Purdy played against a really good defense with elite scheme and elite coverage players. He played just about as well as you could hope. I would take only Mahomes over Purdy right now. That's it. Dude was an MVP candidate not just because he was merely good.

Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Burrow
Rogers
Herbert
Stroud
Lawrence
Love
Cousins
Prescott
Stafford

maybe
Goff
Hurts
Murray

You are high if you are taking Stanford, Prescott, cousins, Lawrence, Goff, hurts, or Murray over Purdy. I wouldn't trust you if you said Brady is better than Zach Wilson with a take this bad.

It's nit-picky. Everyone shares the blame, but some players more than others. Purdy is near last on that list. Protected the ball, kept us in a position to win. Made huge plays down the stretch. Would have given us 7 in OT without a blown assignment on Jones. Purdy wasn't the problem last night.
Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Burrow
Rogers - not at 97 years old
Herbert
Stroud
Lawrence - not a chance
Love- nope
Cousins - nope
Prescott - LMAO
Stafford - at his age and with his injury history? he's one big hit away from being injured

maybe
Goff - he's nice, if there is absolutely zero pressure on him and he can stand in a sweet pocket and throw
Hurts - maybe, but i'd lean brock
Murray - no/

this is an odd list
Purdy called the wrong protection on the 3 and 4 play on the goal line which resulted in the unblock chris Jones smh

It's nit-picky. Everyone shares the blame, but some players more than others. Purdy is near last on that list. Protected the ball, kept us in a position to win. Made huge plays down the stretch. Would have given us 7 in OT without a blown assignment on Jones. Purdy wasn't the problem last night.

Purdy didnt do anything in the 3rd quarter. That was a huge problem. Even if you don't want to admit it.

Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Burrow
Rogers
Herbert
Stroud
Lawrence
Love
Cousins
Prescott
Stafford

maybe
Goff
Hurts
Murray
Lmao that's an utterly ridiculous take I'm almost embarrassed for you.

Purdy didnt do anything in the 3rd quarter. That was a huge problem. Even if you don't want to admit it.

Right, not ever quarter is going to be perfect. Like why is that the bar Purdy must clear with some of you people? KC has one of the best D's in the league, an elite system, and elite players on the back end. To expect Purdy to be perfect throughout, is stupid. There's a team on the other side who made other elite QBs look pedestrian. Overall, Purdy had a hell of a game, but (gasp) it wasn't perfect.

Mahomes did nothing for a half. Didn't seem to be a problem for the Chiefs.
Right, not ever quarter is going to be perfect. Like why is that the bar Purdy must clear with some of you people? KC has one of the best D's in the league, an elite system, and elite players on the back end. To expect Purdy to be perfect throughout, is stupid. There's a team on the other side who made other elite QBs look pedestrian. Overall, Purdy had a hell of a game, but (gasp) it wasn't perfect.

Agreed on all, plus I don't think there were many actual plays you could look back on say Brock really failed in execution. Just a couple here and there and that's to be expected even if undesired.
Share 49ersWebzone