There are 171 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I had some doubt on his overall ability and ceiling, Brock has proven me wrong and I think we got our long-term guy

if he keeps improve and we continue to build a good roster. We will be in play to win it al every yr and that's all you can ask for

Originally posted by jcp243:
If we have Brees, which seems to be the consensus as his ceiling. We would all take that comp, but we need the Oline to be fixed. The interior has to allow him to step into his throws. He is still 24 years old, finally has an offseason to work on his craft.

I think he takes another jump this offseason.

Brees had multiple All Pros on his OL and they built it with very few high draft picks. The goal should be to build a wall for Purdy to give him more consistent time from the pocket.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Brock may continue to play well in the future and be near the top in stats but yesterday we saw the difference between good and great. I doubt anyone would say Brock is on Mahomes level but being great isn't about piling up stats. It's about being able to rise up and win those big games. Time will tell if Brock can become that type of player but his physicl tools are limited. He has to complete 68% and average 8 yards or more for this team to be effective. He can't just make great plays all the time like Mahomes.

It's not fair to compare Brock and Mahomes but there's a clear line between good and great. Remember how many thought JG was going to keep improving and he never did. Brock isn't going to suddenly grow 3 inches and develop a rifle arm. What he can do is learn when to throw the ball away instead of throwing a pass behind the line that loses yards. He's shown he can scramble but he needs to learn when to use the run. Mahomes isnt much faster than Brock but he almost always has a couple of big scrambles during the game.

On to the draft and next season.

Mahomes isn't just great. He's all time level great. That isn't a fair bar to compare a 2nd year guy to.

Brock can be great in his own right and never reach Mahomes level. That next step to consistently great is what will get this team rings. After this season i'm confident he has it in him.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Feb 12, 2024 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I had some doubt on his overall ability and ceiling, Brock has proven me wrong and I think we got our long-term guy

if he keeps improve and we continue to build a good roster. We will be in play to win it al every yr and that's all you can ask for

If we have Brees, which seems to be the consensus as his ceiling. We would all take that comp, but we need the Oline to be fixed. The interior has to allow him to step into his throws. He is still 24 years old, finally has an offseason to work on his craft.

Brees had multiple All Pros on his OL and they built it with very few high draft picks. The goal should be to build a wall for Purdy to give him more consistent time from the pocket.

I agree. Burford really disappointed me in his development this year. The team must have thought that he'd develop more from year one to year two than he had. Counting on a guy like Feliciano to win the starting job midseason was probably not how this team drew it up in the offseason when they signed him. McKivitz would best be a swing tackle, but I just don't see how a draft pick replaces him next year. Brendel needs to be upgraded at some point. He's doesn't hold strong at the POA. If any of those positions are upgraded, we will be in much better shape.

Hard to say where how should expend our draft capital to do so. We could probably get a C or G in the first that can start right away or a T that will probably sit behind McKivitz. I think get the best C or G in the draft with the first pick, whoever is a better prospect.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Mahomes
Allen
Lamar
Burrow
Rogers - not at 97 years old
Herbert
Stroud
Lawrence - not a chance
Love- nope
Cousins - nope
Prescott - LMAO
Stafford - at his age and with his injury history? he's one big hit away from being injured

maybe
Goff - he's nice, if there is absolutely zero pressure on him and he can stand in a sweet pocket and throw
Hurts - maybe, but i'd lean brock
Murray - no/

this is an odd list

I have seen every player on this list be the best player on their team for a game leading thier team to a tight victory. I have yet go see Brock do that. I think the closest for Brock is the Detroit game but Mcaffery was in my opinion the main catalyst. Again I am not saying he is bad I think he is good but is he worth breaking the bank for. Which I assume he want big time money.

^ I feel it would be much easier to upgrade the line then to find one of the "Elite" type QB's to replace Brock.
I thought he played so much better then the statistics and score suggested. Most Qbs would have taken so many more sacks in that game with the amount of quick pressure he was getting. The third quarter struggles were mostly due to our WRs getting absolutely blanketed. Purdy threw some balls that were right on the money but there was zero separation by the WRs. He protected the ball and almost always threw the ball exactly where it should go and accurately. People will point to some of the missed deep stuff. The one to Ayiuk was more on the WR IMO and the Deebo miss he was fading to the right with Jones directly in his face. A very hard throw and he threw a TD pass on that drive anyways.

The offense just got into to many bad situations on third down and you cant do that against a defense of that caliber. Kittle was non existent. Deebo was getting absolutely blanketed so often. offensive line was bad. Penalties that killed drives. CMC fumbled. All that and Purdy still led the offense for multiple game leading drives at the end of the game. I have never been more confident in Purdy going forward then I am right now.
[ Edited by Bloodless on Feb 12, 2024 at 2:09 PM ]

We will build a big, beautiful wall around Brock Purdy, believe me.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 12, 2024 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Please, please, please let this be true.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
I thought he played so much better then the statistics and score suggested. Most Qbs would have taken so many more sacks in that game with the amount of quick pressure he was getting. The third quarter struggles were mostly due to our WRs getting absolutely blanketed. Purdy threw some balls that were right on the money but there was zero separation by the WRs. He protected the ball and almost always threw the ball exactly where it should go and accurately. People will point to some of the missed deep stuff. The one to Ayiuk was more on the WR IMO and the Deebo miss he was fading to the right with Jones directly in his face. A very hard throw and he threw a TD pass on that drive anyways.

The offense just got into to many bad situations on third down and you cant do that against a defense of that caliber. Kittle was non existent. Deebo was getting absolutely blanketed so often. offensive line was bad. Penalties that killed drives. CMC fumbled. All that and Purdy still led the offense for multiple game leading drives at the end of the game. I have never been more confident in Purdy going forward then I am right now.

The Deebo miss doesnt even really matter because it came on the Jennings TD drive, yeah. Weird thing to knock him on.
[ Edited by captveg on Feb 12, 2024 at 2:24 PM ]

Not sure if you read the Ringer story about how Kyle's offense has evolved. It's not a bunch of PA throws, which masks PBLK issues.

It's time to invest along the line. This draft is ideal for it.

HA well this draft is ideal for doing just that

Build a wall! Build a wall! Build a wall!

Not sure if you read the Ringer story about how Kyle's offense has evolved. It's not a bunch of PA throws, which masks PBLK issues.

It's time to invest along the line. This draft is ideal for it.

This is the year to do it.

Please also draft a corner high for once. Just once.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Feb 12, 2024 at 2:28 PM ]

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone