There are 269 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by captveg:
Jennings is open being led to the first down with a non deflected accurate pass, which Purdy has shown to be good at. Nothing wrong with that decision.

He's supposed to recognize the blitz and hit Aiyuk in the open space the blitzer vacated. That's the hot.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Jennings is open being led to the first down with a non deflected accurate pass, which Purdy has shown to be good at. Nothing wrong with that decision.

He's supposed to recognize the blitz and hit Aiyuk in the open space the blitzer vacated. That's the hot.

Gotcha.

I say we hang him.
Gotcha.

I say we hang him.

Definitely not, lol. Dude is one of the last people to blame for losing. Incredible season.
Originally posted by dj43:
That wasn't a linebacker. That was Chris Jones, a DT. He came through the space Burford was supposed to defend. Had Burford slowed Jones down at all, Purdy had his choice of two wide-open receivers.

He's talking about the 3rd down coming out of the two minute warning.

Gotcha.

I say we hang him.

Definitely not, lol. Dude is one of the last people to blame for losing. Incredible season.

= not a serious statement whatsoever.

I still say he maybe gets it to Jennings if he can get it past the blitzer clean, even if Aiyuk was the correct read.
Originally posted by NoCalNinerFan2024:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Anyone blaming Purdy is either an emotional moron or football dumb. Or both. The o line played well the first quarter then got owned. Chris jones again dominated.

This!

Agreed. A bunch of low IQ football takes scattered around this thread from people that don't understand what they saw.
= not a serious statement whatsoever.

I still say he maybe gets it to Jennings if he can get it past the blitzer clean, even if Aiyuk was the correct read.

I know, lol. I just wanted to make it clear I'm not hating his guts.

We should ship burford to someone else. This dude couldn't figure out his assignments during the whole season. What a dud.
Originally posted by 9ersguy:

We should ship burford to someone else. This dude couldn't figure out his assignments during the whole season. What a dud.

He was drafted in the 4th rd a few years ago, if he was picked by Lynch he doesn't give up on his choices easily
Originally posted by 9ersguy:

We better draft heavy oline and get a new oline coach
[ Edited by footballxpaul on Feb 12, 2024 at 4:33 PM ]

Trying to find more positives going into next season.

Brock will be going into the offseason healthy so now he can physically get in work, hopefully getting together with some teammates.
interesting snippet.

In this case, the score stayed 10–3 because of how the defense was turning a corner, thanks to a couple adjustments the Chiefs' wizard of a defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, implemented right around the break. It was necessary, quite simply, because Brock Purdy was better than Spagnuolo may have anticipated coming in.

"The zones, I just think their wideouts and quarterback are so good at their timing routes, and Brock Purdy is really good," Spagnuolo said "He knew when we were in certain things, and he found seams."

So Spagnuolo put his trust in corners Trent McDuffie, L'Jarius Sneed, Jaylen Watson and Joshua Williams, and went very man-heavy in the second half and overtime. He also decided, after he and Kyle Shanahan had played a cat-and-mouse game with personnel packages in the first half, that he'd leave his nickel defense out there against the Niners' base offense—which put Spags's defensive line on the spot to win its matchups.

He also came up with a couple specific tweaks. The Chiefs didn't get to all of them, but one was a man pressure that set the tone out of the half. It came right after Mahomes's interception, with Leo Chenal coming free to pressure Purdy into a throwaway. And the simple freedom he had to do it explains not just who he is, but who his players are.

"We threw in two or three new things, one of them we never got to," Spagnuolo said. "The other two were key. Leo [Chenal] was involved in one of them, a very early play in the second half, Leo got through and made him throw it really quick. Typically, I'll say let's not run something we haven't practiced. This group, you can do that. If it's something that we did three weeks ago and you say, 'Hey guys, can we do it?' They're all for it."

Yup, that's the perfect time for a sight adjustment. aiyuk cuts right away and is open over the middle. layup first down, game over.

instead he kind of curves his little inside route. If he's going over the middle anyways, hard cut just in case.That was tough to watch. when you have the best going up against the best, It's the little details that win championships.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
interesting snippet.

In this case, the score stayed 10–3 because of how the defense was turning a corner, thanks to a couple adjustments the Chiefs' wizard of a defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, implemented right around the break. It was necessary, quite simply, because Brock Purdy was better than Spagnuolo may have anticipated coming in.

"The zones, I just think their wideouts and quarterback are so good at their timing routes, and Brock Purdy is really good," Spagnuolo said "He knew when we were in certain things, and he found seams."

So Spagnuolo put his trust in corners Trent McDuffie, L'Jarius Sneed, Jaylen Watson and Joshua Williams, and went very man-heavy in the second half and overtime. He also decided, after he and Kyle Shanahan had played a cat-and-mouse game with personnel packages in the first half, that he'd leave his nickel defense out there against the Niners' base offense—which put Spags's defensive line on the spot to win its matchups.

He also came up with a couple specific tweaks. The Chiefs didn't get to all of them, but one was a man pressure that set the tone out of the half. It came right after Mahomes's interception, with Leo Chenal coming free to pressure Purdy into a throwaway. And the simple freedom he had to do it explains not just who he is, but who his players are.

"We threw in two or three new things, one of them we never got to," Spagnuolo said. "The other two were key. Leo [Chenal] was involved in one of them, a very early play in the second half, Leo got through and made him throw it really quick. Typically, I'll say let's not run something we haven't practiced. This group, you can do that. If it's something that we did three weeks ago and you say, 'Hey guys, can we do it?' They're all for it."

One guy sees something isn't working and adjusts. Other guy keeps doing the same thing even after it's clear the other team is adjusting.
Originally posted by FootballFan12:
Yup, that's the perfect time for a sight adjustment. aiyuk cuts right away and is open over the middle. layup first down, game over.

instead he kind of curves his little inside route. If he's going over the middle anyways, hard cut just in case.That was tough to watch. when you have the best going up against the best, It's the little details that win championships.

Little details were the difference.
Share 49ersWebzone