There are 224 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Kyle and Lynch did him no favours by neglecting the OL. . you'd think they would have learned after what happened last time we played them In the super bowl.

... and WHY would KYLE believe the he needs an OL to protect Purdy when he has himself calling GREAT plays !!
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
OMG....

I just re-watched highlights of both of the crucial 3rd downs. Sick to my stomach that Purdy misread this and did not execute.

3rd and 5 at the 24 yard line with 2 minutes left... The pass to Deebo when there was a corner blitz... He MISSED a hot route to Aiyuk for a quick slant... EASY 1st down!!! But Purdy was staring down Deebo the whole time.

3rd and 4 on the 9 yard line in OT... The pass to Jennings when Chris Jones runs free... He MISSED a quick hitch route to KITTLE for an EASY 5 yards. It was on the same side as he was throwing the ball so no excuse about getting Chris Jones in his face.

Hate to say it... But Purdy folded under pressure... He HAD 2 chances to ICE this game and win it.

Tell me you know s**t about football without telling me you know s**t about football.

Yes I agree. I do know s**t about football.

Maybe you were watching the Nickelodeon Spongebob game.

All joking aside... I hope Purdy learns from this.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
OMG....

I just re-watched highlights of both of the crucial 3rd downs. Sick to my stomach that Purdy misread this and did not execute.

3rd and 5 at the 24 yard line with 2 minutes left... The pass to Deebo when there was a corner blitz... He MISSED a hot route to Aiyuk for a quick slant... EASY 1st down!!! But Purdy was staring down Deebo the whole time.

3rd and 4 on the 9 yard line in OT... The pass to Jennings when Chris Jones runs free... He MISSED a quick hitch route to KITTLE for an EASY 5 yards. It was on the same side as he was throwing the ball so no excuse about getting Chris Jones in his face.

Hate to say it... But Purdy folded under pressure... He HAD 2 chances to ICE this game and win it.

Real easy to observe open WR's and hot reads when you can rewind and watch the all 22 from the recliner and not under the heat of a pass rusher. Also if Burford would have done his job Purdy would have time to see Brandon.
[ Edited by bud49 on Feb 13, 2024 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
OMG....

Or there was just pressure forcing him to throw the pass earlier than he wanted to. In the end so what he made mistakes, so did Mahomes and both QB's had their teams in position to win the game.

True..I wish he used his legs more the way Mahomes escaped pressures and getting out of the pocket to extend plays.. Maybe that was the key difference.
Originally posted by bud49:
OMG....

Bull......

Go re-watch it.. I couldnt believe it either. THIS SUCKS.

Not placing blame directly on Purdy, it was one of many little mini factors that happened that attributed to the SB loss.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Can not compare Brock to Mahomes there is no other QB in the league at this time that is like Mahomes. Makes me laugh when people run down Brock and say Jackson and Allen are way better when guess what both of them got beat by Mahomes also and to top it off it was on their home field,
[ Edited by bud49 on Feb 13, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]
OMG....

Real easy to observe open WR's and hot reads when you can rewind and watch the all 22 from the recliner and not under the heat of a pass rusher. Also if Burford would have done his job Purdy would have time to see Brandon.

Burford and McKivitz both. They had ONE JOB....
  • bud49
  • Veteran
I think the only QB other than Brady that has beaten Mahomes in the playoffs is Burrow. And he was O-2 against Brady in the Playoffs.
[ Edited by bud49 on Feb 13, 2024 at 9:40 AM ]
Oh well... Maybe next year.
  • bud49
  • Veteran

Gonna be a tall task to get back to there

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Jimmy G outplayed Purdy in the Playoffs. Purdy is why they lost."

Some MEATHEAD on Twitter.

Not kidding at all.

There is literally no statistical analysis, box score analysis, results analysis, or tape analysis that backs this statement up. At all. Not even close.

Jimmy G and Purdy's playoff stats are hilariously night and day.

I love Jimmy for what he did for us but he was awful in the playoffs. Absolute miracle we won four playoff games with him. He was a net negative in five out of six of his playoff games and threw eight passes in the one where he wasn't. Purdy was a net positive in all his playoff games except the Eagles game last year where he threw four total passes.

Yes I agree completely. But I was just arguing this. These people are unbelievable. Just no logic at all. They just listen to Nick WRONG or Steven Ruiz.
Can not compare Brock to Mahomes there is no other QB in the league at this time that is like Mahomes. Makes me laugh when people run down Brock and say Jackson and Allen are way better when guess what both of them got beat by Mahomes also and to top it off it was on their home field,

That's true.

Tall task? The only thing I think can stop us is health. Most of the team is coming back, let's see how we approach the offseason. Brock will be healthy going into the offseason and more motivation than ever being on his last year of his rookie contract with all of media doubting him now.
Originally posted by Team49ers:

Tall task? The only thing I think can stop us is health. Most of the team is coming back, let's see how we approach the offseason. Brock will be healthy going into the offseason and more motivation than ever being on his last year of his rookie contract with all of media doubting him now.

Unfortunately so is Kyle.
Originally posted by captveg:
Purdy led go ahead scoring drives twice in the 4th quarter and once in OT. The more I think about, the more I just wanna get this kid some better blocking and let him rip it.

He seemed to lose some confidence down the stretch. I think the Ravens game did it to him.

Going for the sure thing with better options, not seeing open guy, negative yard completions...I think will be worked out of his system.

The Purdy we grew to know maybe would've hit one of those TD passes he overthrew.

When he's everything he can be, he's like the reverse Josh Allen--doesnt have elite physical tools but the mental aspect is off the charts...whereas JA has one-of-a-kind physical tools and nothing between the ears.

That's who I hope to see next year.
Share 49ersWebzone