There are 301 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Also the final OT play he is on the ground and he seems to say, lip reading, that he had em. He knows JJ was open. The protection was trash. It's always somethin round here..

Why they need Wilks and Sam Darnold to the rescue to cure all the ills.
Originally posted by captveg:
A little more insight into what Spags told Breer about Purdy.

Last few minutes of this video is telling to me. "Spags influences other teams to abandon the run". Spags adjusts at half because Purdy was slicing and dicing that zone up, so he adjusts as he should have.

1. Great for Brock.
2. Bad for Kyle.

Spags adjusts and dares you to throw and you take the bait…on multiple offensive possessions?!!!

This is chess versus checkers. Kyle needed to re-adjust or at least understand that his passing game wasn't working when chiefs manned up at the corners (or across the board). Maybe I'm simplifying it too much.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by captveg:
A little more insight into what Spags told Breer about Purdy.

Last few minutes of this video is telling to me. "Spags influences other teams to abandon the run". Spags adjusts at half because Purdy was slicing and dicing that zone up, so he adjusts as he should have.

1. Great for Brock.
2. Bad for Kyle.

Spags adjusts and dares you to throw and you take the bait…on multiple offensive possessions?!!!

This is chess versus checkers. Kyle needed to re-adjust or at least understand that his passing game wasn't working when chiefs manned up at the corners (or across the board). Maybe I'm simplifying it too much.

However you slice it the Niners were dominant in the first half but were outcoached or outphysicaled by the end of the game. Maybe blame Usher
Originally posted by mcwoot:
However you slice it the Niners were dominant in the first half but were outcoached or outphysicaled by the end of the game. Maybe blame Usher

😂😂😂

i learned 48 hours later that the special guest was not C Lo Green but Jermaine Dupree.

but yes, the game of adjustments at the half paid off for the Chiefs and not so much the Niners.

1. Great for Brock.
2. Bad for Kyle.

Nope you're getting it. KS didn't have the answers in protection and in getting guys open. I thought the game was gonna be a referendum on BP playing fast and finding the answers that are there. Turns out the answers for the most part, weren't there. The protection wasn't either. It was a referendum on Kyle. He got out coached. He doesn't have protection answers, adjustments at the LOS or hot options built in or able to get installed on the fly. Where are they?
Nope you're getting it. KS didn't have the answers in protection and in getting guys open. I thought the game was gonna be a referendum on BP playing fast and finding the answers that are there. Turns out the answers for the most part, weren't there. The protection wasn't either. It was a referendum on Kyle. He got out coached. He doesn't have protection answers, adjustments at the LOS or hot options built in or able to get installed on the fly. Where are they?

With Mike McCoy when he's brought back from obscurity when Wilks gets the job.

"Out coached" is such an ugly word around here parts, but if the shoe fits….

I'll be curious to see JDFA videos on all this.

I did watch a video where is said that Brock is not given the opportunity to change protections pre-snap. Meanwhile, Mahomes does it all game long. I get it, Mahomes has been around longer, but I'm sure there are other young QB's who can do the same. I wonder how much truth there is in that. Again, I'm a pretty simple fan who knows enough. Maybe Brock does have the authority. 🤷🏽‍♂️
All I know is that this kid blew the doors off all possible and reasonable expectations this season; even more so considering he was coming off RECONSRUCTIVE ELBOW SURGERY to his throwing arm, in his second year.

He played the whole season and broke the 49ers record for most passing yards in a season.

He was incredible. He's wise beyond his years. He's more athletic and physically gifted than anyone outside of SF followers/fans give him any credit for.

He's undefeated in playoff games he starts and has won a championship and appeared in a super bowl. I f**king love Brock Purdy. He's already cemented himself as an all time great 49ers qb alongside Montana, Young, and Garcia (I"m too young for YA Tittle and i feel like his best days were pre-SF but old timers correct me here).

Onto 2024. He's only gonna get better. Thank you Brock.
Basically we know Purdy and Kyle can carve up the zone but when teams go man our WR other than BA cannot get separations. Man also requires a little more time and off script of the QB.
Originally posted by derrickt:
Basically we know Purdy and Kyle can carve up the zone but when teams go man our WR other than BA cannot get separations. Man also requires a little more time and off script of the QB.

That or create some rub routes

"Out coached" is such an ugly word around here parts, but if the shoe fits….

I'll be curious to see JDFA videos on all this.

I did watch a video where is said that Brock is not given the opportunity to change protections pre-snap. Meanwhile, Mahomes does it all game long. I get it, Mahomes has been around longer, but I'm sure there are other young QB's who can do the same. I wonder how much truth there is in that. Again, I'm a pretty simple fan who knows enough. Maybe Brock does have the authority. 🤷🏽‍♂️

This is what I was asking in the coach thread about protections and who calls it. It seems the center does, but I think Kyle needs to evolve it and trust Purdy to make any adjustments he sees fit because the kid is a braniac and can handle it easily with experience.

This would force kyle to get plays in much faster so god speed lol
Purdy said Jennings was the hot on that 3rd & 4 when KC blitzed and Chris Jones didn't get picked up.

Threw it out of bounds to be smart with the football as he didn't see where the CB was.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
This is what I was asking in the coach thread about protections and who calls it. It seems the center does, but I think Kyle needs to evolve it and trust Purdy to make any adjustments he sees fit because the kid is a braniac and can handle it easily with experience.

This would force kyle to get plays in much faster so god speed lol
Yeah. Good call. Hope they at least play with this next year. Purdy is smart enough to handle this.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
All I know is that this kid blew the doors off all possible and reasonable expectations this season; even more so considering he was coming off RECONSRUCTIVE ELBOW SURGERY to his throwing arm, in his second year.

He played the whole season and broke the 49ers record for most passing yards in a season.

He was incredible. He's wise beyond his years. He's more athletic and physically gifted than anyone outside of SF followers/fans give him any credit for.

He's undefeated in playoff games he starts and has won a championship and appeared in a super bowl. I f**king love Brock Purdy. He's already cemented himself as an all time great 49ers qb alongside Montana, Young, and Garcia (I"m too young for YA Tittle and i feel like his best days were pre-SF but old timers correct me here).

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Thanks for this posting! This gets me fired up! I love that we have Brock too! It's amazing all that he has accomplished in just a year and a half!!
Share 49ersWebzone