There are 281 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love purdy but the last two third down plays kill me. Especially the 4th qt that was essentially the game we make that.
Just block the rusher and he would have made the throw. OL OL OL
Originally posted by 8080849ers:

The OT play sure.
I'm effin thrilled about Brock going forward. He's going to have an excellent off season and come back even better. Dudes only had slightly over one season of playing, we are just scratching the surface with him.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm effin thrilled about Brock going forward. He's going to have an excellent off season and come back even better. Dudes only had slightly over one season of playing, we are just scratching the surface with him.

Wear and he got no off-season work last year, he had to come right into training camp cold and on a pitch count. Imagine if he was able to work all off-season on his mechanics and arm strength.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Wear and he got no off-season work last year, he had to come right into training camp cold and on a pitch count. Imagine if he was able to work all off-season on his mechanics and arm strength.

I think this loss is going to light a crazy fire under him, more than he already had. He already has a plan for the off season. Dude will be grinding and said he's staying local to get better. Gotta love that.

this loss is heart breaking but have to remmeber he's only loss one game in the playoffs and it was really close, he did an admirable job in the super bowl.

he's SUPER inexperienced relative to most QBs at that stage. He's just gonna get better. I hope we get a great DC. Some additions to the defensive line and o line. Let's run it back, 13! Finish the job. I don't factor him into 2019,2021,2022 (he got injured). He's had an insanely great start to his career and can't wait to watch him blossom.
I would have loved to see more runs from Purdy in the second half. Either designed or just taking off. Would have thrown off KC like Mahomes did to us in the second half. Purdy has the mobility; they should have taken more advantage of it.
Call me naive but I can see Brock being the type of person/player to give us a discount when it's his time to get paid. And when I say discount I mean like 35-40$ Million per season. Not 50+ Million like people are suggesting.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Call me naive but I can see Brock being the type of person/player to give us a discount when it's his time to get paid. And when I say discount I mean like 35-40$ Million per season. Not 50+ Million like people are suggesting.

I see that as well. He just gives me that kind of vibe - he understands what makes a team great and gives him the best chance to compete. I think teams will paying $60-$70M a year by the time he's up, so I'm hoping he takes like $50-$55M and gives us that extra money to help build around him. Especially since he will start making bank off the field.

Maybe he won't but he seems like he would, only time will tell.
if brock keeps getting better i think we have a chance to win a superbowl. he is my hope!

Originally posted by 8080849ers:

Nope.

We called a complicated play. This is the NFL, you need to make it very easy and simple on the offense. This is how Kyle's had his success. We aren't team that does misdirection plays, we just line up and keep it very vanilla.

Even though Burford admitted to messing up on that play, he's obviously just being very humble there. This was all due to the play call being bad and KS not having his team prepared to block correctly. The issue is that he didn't tell Burford that he needs to block anyone, he's gotta coach better and so does our OL coach.

Before you imply that we had two wide receivers open, that's just because the their DBs already knew that Kyle doesn't coach the OL so they left them open. They already knew that Jones get free with no pressure on him.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 14, 2024 at 8:11 PM ]
"Purdy is not an NFL QB." Says Eagles fan on Twitter. He's why we lost. Wilks is a scapegoat.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
"Purdy is not an NFL QB." Says Eagles fan on Twitter. He's why we lost. Wilks is a scapegoat.

Who tf cares?
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
I love purdy but the last two third down plays kill me. Especially the 4th qt that was essentially the game we make that.

4th quarter he missed what would be a game winning throw to Aiyuk. That first down would've iced the clock. I almost wonder if he hesitated because his angle wasn't great and he didn't want a ball batted down. Not sure why he didn't throw it immediately. Could just be he's still so young and that kind of muscle memory comes with more experience.

the last third down, however, was not on Brock. That's a play that needs a block so Brock can even get to his first read.
Share 49ersWebzone