LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 207 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't imagine using any high picks on a QB. Maybe a late rounder if they see someone that might work as a backup. Then they don't have to pay a lot for a backup.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I can't imagine using any high picks on a QB. Maybe a late rounder if they see someone that might work as a backup. Then they don't have to pay a lot for a backup.

We have a bonafide badass QB. Using a high draft pick on one would be idiotic. Brock only has played barely over a season. He's super young with his first real off season.

he's going to be amazing next year, more than this year. We need to invest everything we have into our o and d lines.
This is the first time in years I've known going into a season we have NO QUESTION at the most important position on the football field
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is the first time in years I've known going into a season we have NO QUESTION at the most important position on the football field
Agreed and it's a nice feeling to have. It's tempered by the fact that we absolutely must do something about the right side of the OL. I'm trying to remain optimistic that they will, but track record says probably not
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Nah not me, I think they should bring in a veteran to compete with Moody.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

LOL

No way. He did great
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Ugh I've been avoiding all week peeling back the onion layers of this game. I'm like 110% sure Brock hits Jennings or Deebo for a TD if McK blocks for 1 sec against Jones. Brock saw it all the way. We go up 7 or 8 in OT.

It was actually Burford that missed that block.

Burford confirmed that he was responsible for the B-gap — the area between himself and McKivitz.

"I should have just played within the scheme," Burford said. "I played on instinct. It was my fault. I don't want anybody to put anything on Colton, whatever he has going on. Don't blame him."

Ugh even worse. He sounds apologetic and therefore my hatred has turned to contrite
His instinct told him not to block the best DT in the league? LOL

His instinct also told him to say that to the world. The guy's an idiot.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

We have a bonafide badass QB. Using a high draft pick on one would be idiotic. Brock only has played barely over a season. He's super young with his first real off season.

he's going to be amazing next year, more than this year. We need to invest everything we have into our o and d lines.

They will probably need a backup because I doubt they re-sign Darnold.
Originally posted by jed_X:
Ugh I've been avoiding all week peeling back the onion layers of this game. I'm like 110% sure Brock hits Jennings or Deebo for a TD if McK blocks for 1 sec against Jones. Brock saw it all the way. We go up 7 or 8 in OT.

Burford confirmed that he was responsible for the B-gap — the area between himself and McKivitz.

"I should have just played within the scheme," Burford said. "I played on instinct. It was my fault. I don't want anybody to put anything on Colton, whatever he has going on. Don't blame him."

Ugh even worse. He sounds apologetic and therefore my hatred has turned to contrite

He had a green dot helmet with radio communications from Roger Goodell.

Originally posted by random49er:

No way. He did great

😂

im not worried about kicker either after this Super Bowl. The rookie manned up
Originally posted by jed_X:

His position needs to be upgraded because I've long had the feeling that with Burford they've seen the physical attributes but it's been his attention to detail is why Feliciano usurped him. In Between the ears is where Burford falls short and this could be why we found him at a smaller school
Originally posted by tankle104:

I am not sure what you feel is a high pick. But if they let Darnold go, they should target one in the late 5th early 6th range. And maybe a second one after.
Targeting a project, and a NFL ready(unless they go vet backup)

I think they should go rookies myself.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I am not sure what you feel is a high pick. But if they let Darnold go, they should target one in the late 5th early 6th range. And maybe a second one after.
Targeting a project, and a NFL ready(unless they go vet backup)

I think they should go rookies myself.

Probably sign a pure backup QB with no incentives, and draft a lower round guy. Exact same plan as we went with in the beginning of the 2022 offseason (Sudfeld/Purdy).

This is the first offseason we don't have to make insurance at the QB position a priority at the cost of using assets (money/picks) elsewhere.
I think they re-sign Brandon Allen to be #2, and either draft a guy late or bring in a UDFA to compete for #3 / Practice Squad.
Share 49ersWebzone