There are 175 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Spagnuolo loves Purdy. Dude even got Brock's number to reach out to him.

Love this, that's some high praise. We got a special guy at QB
I got into this stupid conversation about Kap vs. Purdy with this moron and somehow, Patrick Willis saw it and replied, lmao

Kap was a beast
Originally posted by Niners99:
We just need to run into a weaker QB. If we had gone in 2022 we definitely beat the Bengals.

100% agree on Purdy. He is the best thing we have going. Love the kid, BUT we don't need to run into a weaker qb to win. We just need to have better coaching and we will get it done. Purdy is Not the problem. He is not holding us back like jimmy did. If you pair Purdy with a better OLINE and Kyle gets his head out of his ass the Ls become Ws. I am hoping Kyle gets better and I am confident that purdy will continue to refine his game.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
this is interesting. anybody watch?

Tons of praise for Brock. Spags said Brock was slicing up KC's zone and forced him to switch up the game plan. They pivoted from Purdy to attacking the OL/WRs with their pressure packages/press-man coverage.

We're really fortunate to have Brock.

One takeaway I have from that interview, and what I saw in the other KC playoff games, is that Trent McDuffie is a Swiss Army Knife in that defense - he can defend against the pass, he can rush the passer, he can tackle. He is a stud. Because he can do so many things, Spag can call other plays that only work because McDuffie allows him to disguise the defense so well.

Whoever the new DC is, could we expect him to develop Lenoir into that type of player?
When Purdy plays the majority of the game, or 27 games (26 starts, 1 relief game - Dolphins last year with Garoppolo getting hurt):

49ers record: 22-5 (81%)

49ers road record: 9-2 (82%)

Avg. points per game: 30

Playoff record: 4-1
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by random49er:
Kap was a beast

Kap was a beast

the dude I was arguing with literally called me a racist and maga because of my criticisms of Kap and his QB play vs. Purdy's

and continued even after friggin Patrick Willis chimed in. LOL
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Feb 24, 2024 at 2:51 PM ]
Brock shooting a tractor commercial in San Francisco Thursday. Make some wedding money

So predictable, BP gets compared to Kap after the loss lol. Who saw that coming? . I would take BP over deer-in-the-headlights Kap any day man.

Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
the dude I was arguing with literally called me a racist and maga because of my criticisms of Kap and his QB play vs. Purdy's

and continued even after friggin Patrick Willis chimed in. LOL

Lol not surprised

Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
After decomposing from the Super Bowl and crying for a couple weeks lol I gotta say man, we are only one really good OL away from two Super Bowl victories.
FTFY

I didn't cry this time surprisingly lol I think I got all my SB loss tears out in 2020 lol. This time, it just felt really sh*tty but I was not destroyed like I was the last time lol. We had a great season and it was tons of fun watching this team this year. I am just glad I didn't go down to the strip on game day..cause it would not only be a loss but horrific traffic on top of that lol. So glad I didn't go down there lol.

• Cosmo
Kap was a beast

Hell yeah. Until teams realized they only had to stop him from running, then he lost to Beast Mode.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Brock shooting a tractor commercial in San Francisco Thursday. Make some wedding money

welp glad he looks like he's moved on
Make your coin big dog! Lol excited that see/follow what he does this off season to get better. I think he's going to be a machine in camp this year.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Make your coin big dog! Lol excited that see/follow what he does this off season to get better. I think he's going to be a machine in camp this year.

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Kap was a beast

Hell yeah. Until teams realized they only had to stop him from running, then he lost to Beast Mode.

The whole league also changed the rules of engagement and went to summer school as well to study college tape in order to prepare for him as well. They made a big fuss at that summers competition committee

Now I'll be the first to tell you that I'm liking where we are at QB with Brock under these rules with this coach than where I was with Kap and Roman and how I t ultimately ended. I think Brock's game is more sustainable in this situation but 2012 Kap was a damn stud and once Justin Smith got hurt we rode Kap all the way to the Super Bowl and if Harbaugh had of given Frank a couple carries we would have won the damn chip!

Kap was murdering defenses via the ground and the air. Dude was physically overwhelming defenses and it was like I knew we were gonna put up thirty plus

It didn't hurt that we had Gore Crabtree VD Delanie Walker and an older Randy Moss. Kendall Hunter who I personally spoke with about that loss where he told me they should've given Frank the ball was the backup

Man that team with that talent and had Justin Smith not had to play on one arm after the NE game where we made Brady leave the field without a handshake or was it Bill. We should have won it all vs that inferior BAL team but the NFL had to send off Ray Ray so we lost out
Share 49ersWebzone