LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 137 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
SCAM Newton getting in fights out in public.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by elguapo:
You are correct on your points. I am just saying the obvious. Goff is a solid quarterback, but he can play better due to better people around him. That's correct like you said. The cast can shield weaknesses but I really feel the NFL would look at Brock Purdy as a top three or top five quarterback without argument, if he gets better protection, he would've made so many more plays and be even more efficient which is hard to believe.

I wasn't trying to come at you or single you out because I think your ranking of Brock is entirely reasonable and is actually in agreement with my point in the first place. He produced like the best or 2nd best QB for last year statistically but you still have him just outside the top 5. I assume you also don't have Dak in your top 5 even though he was right there statistically at the top as well.

For sure I have Dak around 10-12 range due to his consistent choking in big games
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
SCAM Newton getting in fights out in public.

First off he looks like a witch with that hat on. Secondly those guys should know better than to try and tackle Cam hell the guy played QB in the NFL and shook off bigger DE's game in and game out. Dumba**es.
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!
Originally posted by tankle104:
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!

It was a good thing to hear Lynch say they are building around him. Let's hope he meant offensive line 😂
Purdy is the main reason to be excited about the future. I can't get over the SB loss that easily but knowing we have a superstar at QB helps.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!

It was a good thing to hear Lynch say they are building around him. Let's hope he meant offensive line 😂

If they don't upgrade the o line this off season, Brock is going to go crazy during contract time because Lynch is tryna kill him lmao

if Brock improves, which he will, and has a good o line - this offense will be amazing.
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!

Picked a Purdy Jersey…the ones with SB patch are on sale
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!

Lol. He probably means resigning Aiyuk and Jennings while drafting an ER.

Originally posted by CaliDesi49er:

Meh I don't wanna remember an SB loss jersey wise. Really awesome he made it there though
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!

The future is bright!

Lol. He probably means resigning Aiyuk and Jennings while drafting an ER.

I think this is exactly what they will do, and that's the chatter. The team feels that they can scheme around O Line issues. I'd like to see them go O line 1-2. But I don't think they will.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by elguapo:
This! If Brock had a top 15 or top 10 offensive line pass protection wise, he is a top 3 quarterback in this league (Now I put him at top 5-7 level). Even if he loses a weapon or two, the fact that the league doesn't call holding especially in the playoffs, teams with better offensive lines have the edge. Too bad ours doesn't because it's cost us a Super Bowl.

I'll never understand arguments where someone says player x is a top 5-7 player but would be top 3 if he had something else around him. Player x is player x. Buffing his support doesn't make him a better player.

Patrick Mahomes' didn't have the same type of production with the lack of skill position players around him this season in comparison to previous years… but his individual ability is still the same.

this is pretty a pretty easy concept to wrap your head around.

Players are built different, players have different mixes of abilities.

Who is better with no o-line and Ken Dorsey throwing the football.. Jerry Rice or Randy Moss? Forget for a second that Rice is always better.....One of them is quick, one of them is a long strider. One was phenomenal with slant routs, one with Go routs.

Clearly Randy Moss needs a QB with an arm, and time to throw the football.

If the names of Rice and Moss are too distracting, do Alvin Harper and Wayne Crebet. Same results...two different tools that need different supporting cast to excel.

Who is better with no o-line Brandon Jacobs or Gayle Sayers? One can do the 3 yards and a cloud of dust, the other is best open field running in the history of the NFL in my opinion. Clearly if you add a top tier line Sayers had 2k yard potential.

QB's have limitations too, I think most QBs are better the more time you can get them, but in the case of QBs that tend to look deep and are more aggressive (aka Brock Purdy), it is not that big of a stretch to feel like the more time you can give Purdy the more likely he is to find the deep target. Look no further then Dan Marino, with a shaky line Dan was a 1 to 1 TD/INT player.....dolphins put every o-lineman in the pro-bowl and Marino sets an NFL TD record.

Get the best line you can get is not a Purdy thing, that is an NFL QB thing. I do think Purdy will look deeper and be more dangerous than most QBs if you can get him more time tho.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by CaliDesi49er:

Meh I don't wanna remember an SB loss jersey wise. Really awesome he made it there though
Same here I was thinking good deal until the SB patch.
Share 49ersWebzone