There are 183 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!! Can't wait to hear what he's doing to get better. I'm excited to hear how he looks in camp. I feel like he's going to be even more precise and surgical!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Makes sense to me. Those were clearly the best 2 this year. Unless you're a Josh Allen fan like Gore/Smokey.

Plays up the opinion of individual incoming college player.

Plays down the consensus opinion of NFL players in a league wide survey (not to mention executives and coaches in another).
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Mar 5, 2024 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Makes sense to me. Those were clearly the best 2 this year. Unless you're a Josh Allen fan like Gore/Smokey.

Plays down the consensus opinion of NFL players in a league wide survey (not to mention executives and coaches in another).

Josh allen had a lot of turnovers but he was also simultaneously awesome this year. That team is no where near where they ended up without him playing out of his mind. He finished as a top mvp candidate for a reason.

mahommes, Purdy, and Allen (in no particular order) where the top 3 this year, IMO.

i just love the way Brock handled himself in the super bowl. Did the opposite of jimmy. I really hope we upgrade the o line this year or see some of those guys we have take a big leap.
Originally posted by q0c0p:
Penix has brock as the 2nd best qb in the NFL. Only mahomes ahead. Real recognize real

Ya, it's just me and Smokey, everyone else in football thinks Allen sucks like you said. You got us bro, you're so clever!
Originally posted by tankle104:

Josh allen had a lot of turnovers but he was also simultaneously awesome this year. That team is no where near where they ended up without him playing out of his mind. He finished as a top mvp candidate for a reason.

mahommes, Purdy, and Allen (in no particular order) where the top 3 this year, IMO.

i just love the way Brock handled himself in the super bowl. Did the opposite of jimmy. I really hope we upgrade the o line this year or see some of those guys we have take a big leap.

Oh wow we found us another unicorn fan that thinks Allen is good, no way! According to NC the football world thinks Allen sucks and it's just two random 49er posters that think Allen is a good QB.

Welcome to the club!
I hate this system QB crap. Ok put Brock in PHI system he ain't as good as Jalen in that offense if we ask Brock to do what Jalen does. Put Jalen in our system and he ain't as good as Brock if we ask him to do what Brock does

Brock was the leagues best QB EPA per play and based off that fact I'll only concede the mantle to Mahomes as he is the champ and beat Brock

Id actually put Prescott over Mahomes this year.
Originally posted by krizay:

Id actually put Prescott over Mahomes this year.

whoa stats aren't everything
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Oh wow we found us another unicorn fan that thinks Allen is good, no way! According to NC the football world thinks Allen sucks and it's just two random 49er posters that think Allen is a good QB.

Welcome to the club!

Allen is no different than Hurtz and Dak. Really good to great in the regular season.

Then the playoffs happen...

To be considered an elite QB, you need to elevate your game when it matters most. Brock and Mahomes were able to do that to reach and in the Superbowl (even if they didn't play their best all game and in every game to get there).

Allen is where he's always been come playoffs/Superbowl...on the couch watching with us.

Nothing is a stronger correlation to wins/losses than T.O.'s. Allen is a T.O. machine.

But to each his own. There's nothing wrong with loving Dak, Hurtz and Allen.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 6, 2024 at 3:39 AM ]
Allen is no different than Hurtz and Dak. Really good to great in the regular season.

To be considered an elite QB, you need to elevate your game when it matters most. Brock and Mahomes were able to do that to reach and in the Superbowl (even if they didn't play their best all game and in every game to get there).

Allen is where he's always been come playoffs/Superbowl...on the couch watching with us.

Nothing is a stronger correlation to wins/losses than T.O.'s. Allen is a T.O. machine.

Allen has a 21-4 TD/Int ratio, 100 QB rating and has over 500 yards rushing in 10 playoff games. He practically IS the reason why Buffalo contends to make/compete in the post season.

I am excited to see what the future holds for Brock Purdy.....but Josh Allen is a top 3 QB in the NFL...he's better than Hurts, Dak and yes...he's better than Purdy at this point. Allen is asked (and does too much on his own IMO) to carry that team.

I LOVE BROCK PURDY!! Can't wait to hear what he's doing to get better. I'm excited to hear how he looks in camp. I feel like he's going to be even more precise and surgical!

Heard he is going to be bench-press farm vehicles to build up arm strength in the offseason.
He's getting married this weekend isn't he?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Heard he is going to be bench-press farm vehicles to build up arm strength in the offseason.

I've read studies that prove that workout to increase arm strength by 10 fold. He will most likely never throw another int because his passes will break the defenders hands. Our skill guys will need graphene infused gloves going forward.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

Allen has a 21-4 TD/Int ratio, 100 QB rating and has over 500 yards rushing in 10 playoff games. He practically IS the reason why Buffalo contends to make/compete in the post season.

I am excited to see what the future holds for Brock Purdy.....but Josh Allen is a top 3 QB in the NFL...he's better than Hurts, Dak and yes...he's better than Purdy at this point. Allen is asked (and does too much on his own IMO) to carry that team.

Bingo. And that's why he's only able to go so far. An elite QB processes better pre and post snap and allows those playmakers to make plays. He tries to do it all himself. No issue if you think he's a top QB (no, he doesn't suck). But playoffs are where we see the differences. Like Mahomes, he had to learn to pull back under Reid. Now, if Allen gets there, then we can talk. Until then, he's not there yet, IMHO.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 6, 2024 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

Bingo. And that's why he's only able to go so far. An elite QB processes better pre and post snap and allows those playmaker to make plays. He tries and does it all himself. No issue if you think he's a top QB. But playoffs are where we see the differences. Like Mahomes, he had to learn and pull back under Reid. Now, if Allen gets there, then we can talk. Until then, he's not there yet.

IMO Allen is inconsistent above all else. When he is on he can beat anyone, but that doesn't happen often enough. What helped him down the stretch last season? A focus on the run game. Also he is not very clutch so far when is matters most. Last playoff game he had two EASY 3rd downs (who knows what the yac would have been), but he was playing hero ball to the end zone. That is bad QB play imo and the main reason they lost. He played great most of the game, but in that crucial moment he got dumb. He is more ability than he is iq, and I wonder if he will every mature beyond that at this point.

I may get flamed for this take, but I don't think I'd take him over Purdy at this point. IMO Mahomes, Burrow (when healthy), and Lamar (also inconsistent, but still better than Allen) are the top guys right now. I would put Purdy right below or next to them tbh. Allen, right after Purdy and then you have a big pool of guys even more inconsistent with not as good ability as Allen etc.
Share 49ersWebzone