LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't know why the talk is about Josh Allen on Brock's thread but I'll drink the kool-aid. Watching the Bills play I have noticed that people seem to get moist when he makes a throw that he SHOULD make and when he runs for a first down. Elite player? You make the call
I wouldn't take any qb over Purdy, including rigged arse mediocre SB qb gotten lucky Mahomes. BP was the better qb but Kyle crapped it away for the team...again. Or it was simply rigged lol. 49ers have had the worst chokes in the SB, it's ridiculous. BP was the reason ppl got excited about this team again...only to have a coach that simply crumples. Just the truth.
🌧 I know but..true lol
[ Edited by Montana on Mar 6, 2024 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
I wouldn't take any qb over Purdy, including rigged arse mediocre SB qb gotten lucky Mahomes. BP was the better qb but Kyle crapped it away for the team...again. Or it was simply rigged lol. 49ers have had the worst chokes in the SB, it's ridiculous. BP was the reason ppl got excited about this team again...only to have a coach that simply crumples. Just the truth.
🌧 I know but..true lol

Lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He's getting married this weekend isn't he?

what an idiot
(not you 9erson)
Originally posted by thl408:

what an idiot
(not you 9erson)

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

what an idiot
(not you 9erson)

I read that in a Will Ferrell-Wedding Crashers voice.
🌧 I know but..true lol

That makes two of you, tankle the other of course lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:

what an idiot
(not you 9erson)

I read that in a Will Ferrell-Wedding Crashers voice.

MAAAAA the meatloaf!!!!! We want it NOWWWWW
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Allen is no different than Hurtz and Dak. Really good to great in the regular season.

Then the playoffs happen...

To be considered an elite QB, you need to elevate your game when it matters most. Brock and Mahomes were able to do that to reach and in the Superbowl (even if they didn't play their best all game and in every game to get there).

Allen is where he's always been come playoffs/Superbowl...on the couch watching with us.

Nothing is a stronger correlation to wins/losses than T.O.'s. Allen is a T.O. machine.

But to each his own. There's nothing wrong with loving Dak, Hurtz and Allen.

Allen has a 21-4 TD/Int ratio, 100 QB rating and has over 500 yards rushing in 10 playoff games. He practically IS the reason why Buffalo contends to make/compete in the post season.

I am excited to see what the future holds for Brock Purdy.....but Josh Allen is a top 3 QB in the NFL...he's better than Hurts, Dak and yes...he's better than Purdy at this point. Allen is asked (and does too much on his own IMO) to carry that team.

Bingo. And that's why he's only able to go so far. An elite QB processes better pre and post snap and allows those playmaker to make plays. He tries and does it all himself. No issue if you think he's a top QB. But playoffs are where we see the differences. Like Mahomes, he had to learn and pull back under Reid. Now, if Allen gets there, then we can talk. Until then, he's not there yet.

IMO Allen is inconsistent above all else. When he is on he can beat anyone, but that doesn't happen often enough. What helped him down the stretch last season? A focus on the run game. Also he is not very clutch so far when is matters most. Last playoff game he had two EASY 3rd downs (who knows what the yac would have been), but he was playing hero ball to the end zone. That is bad QB play imo and the main reason they lost. He played great most of the game, but in that crucial moment he got dumb. He is more ability than he is iq, and I wonder if he will every mature beyond that at this point.

I may get flamed for this take, but I don't think I'd take him over Purdy at this point. IMO Mahomes, Burrow (when healthy), and Lamar (also inconsistent, but still better than Allen) are the top guys right now. I would put Purdy right below or next to them tbh. Allen, right after Purdy and then you have a big pool of guys even more inconsistent with not as good ability as Allen etc.

Exactly. Now back to the real badass QB in Brock Purdy. Tier 1.
Exactly. Now back to the real badass QB in Brock Purdy. Tier 1.

I am excited at the prospects of him getting time off then a proper offseason, I expect new and improved Brock Purdy

🌧 I know but..true lol

WE LOVE BROCK PURDY!!! 😍😍
🌧 I know but..true lol

Checking in briefly….but is hating Kyle everyone's coping mechanism now? lol glad I took a step back and got some perspective
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
🌧 I know but..true lol

Checking in briefly….but is hating Kyle everyone's coping mechanism now? lol glad I took a step back and got some perspective

It's not everyone one. It's a minority group, but they are very vocal and spam non stop, so it makes it look like it's a lot more.I feel like I've learned about this phenomenon in school and there's a name for it lol.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
🌧 I know but..true lol

It's not everyone one. It's a minority group, but they are very vocal and spam non stop, so it makes it look like it's a lot more.I feel like I've learned about this phenomenon in school and there's a name for it lol.

People can scream about Kyle all they want but they forget that it was his scheme and coaching that allowed QBs like JG and Purdy to succeed. Neither of them is a generational QB that's capable of doing anything they want on the field. I doubt either one would be nearly as good with 75% of the coaches in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone