LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 229 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
You haven't been as bad. I'm more talking about DrL, ScamDiego, RiceOwens, a few others.

Criticism is fine, but don't act like people aren't posting s**t like, fire Kyle, Kyle sucks, and whatever other extreme nonsense posts.

Lol I haven't even been reading as many posts..have not seen 'fire Kyle' but it probably has been blurted out several times by now lol

There is a time to move on though. It just feels like 2012 all over again and it sucks lol..same feeling.
Does anyone think we could have possibly won the Super Bowl if Garapolo was QB? Could he have put up more points than Purdy?
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Does anyone think we could have possibly won the Super Bowl if Garapolo was QB? Could he have put up more points than Purdy?

You didn't watch the SB then if you really thought Purdy was the issue or even came up with this thought. Oline was a major fail and reason why Brock didn't have the time to hit on major throws when your idiotic right side forgets to block their best dlineman

Don't see how an objectively worse player would have a better game sans pure luck. The guy had one of the worst 4th q performances in SB history against a considerably worse defense just 4 years ago. Left plays all over the field.

This is the kind of inspired thinking we need on the quest for 10K
Well, in my opinion, I liked Jimmy G. And I personally don't think Purdy is that much better. I think there was a good chance we beat the Chiefs if Jimmy was QB.
Well, in my opinion, I liked Jimmy G. And I personally don't think Purdy is that much better. I think there was a good chance we beat the Chiefs if Jimmy was QB.

If you think he's at all better than it doesn't make much sense to choose to be worse off at the position.

Jimmy is not particularly good at reading defenses especially. Once they adjusted from zone and went to man (which may never have happened with Jimmy at QB), it's hard to see how Jimmy finds success when our targets can't consistently beat their coverage defender. With Brock you have better quick decision making, pocket mobility and awareness, and less of a just force it in there mentality.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
You're not even in the Superbowl in the first place with Jimmy G and I like him. Purdy's legs and playmaking ability outside of the structure were the reasons the Niners beat the Lions. Jimmy G would never have done that.
Again, special teams were mostly the reason the Niners lost the Superbowl.

I don't think jimmy G ever had a playoff game where he didn't have at least 1 turnover. Maybe against packers in nfccg where shanny stopped letting him throw. Beyond that he was a playoff turnover machine. We couldn't have afforded anymore turnovers in the sb and jimmy most certainly would have had 1+

My favorite was Tom Brady. He was nice and tall at 6'4" and such a great passer.

This gotta be faithful6 lol
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
This gotta be faithful6 lol

Faithful is too big of a fan to misspell his name. And he's not clever enough to misspell it on purpose to throw people off his trail.
Share 49ersWebzone