LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 161 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
yeah he's a spectacular bargain and already playing at a reduced rate. I believe he understands how having a good team around him makes his job easier, based off his press conferences. He doesn't need to take a discounted rate but I'm sure he understands that in doing so it will benefit the team's chances for success as Tom Brady understood. Even at a discounted rate he'd be getting generational wealth regardless. It blows my mind that anybody would complain getting paid $40 mil a year vs $50 mil a year even if the market says your deserving of more. Again he doesn't need to take a discount but if he wants championships and ability to keep a good OL intact and weapons to make your job easier or do you want to carry a team like Aaron Rodgers and maybe get a championship. IMO Rodgers is way more talented than Brady, but Brady has more championship bc he took less money to build the dynasty.

Easier said than done to give away $10m a season. Especially when you get to say it, and he's the one who has to give it up.

Lot of athletes have to retire before their choice, like Vander Esch who just retired due to injury. Hope he put his money away. He'll need it to sustain him and his family. When athletes get the idea who cares about money I can give up $10m left and right, it doesn't matter, I'm set for life. That's the wrong mentality. Those guys are often broke after their playing days. Brock deserves to be paid fairly, meaning he deserves to be paid what he's worth, just like anyone. Right now, that ain't the case, and we benefit at his expense. Basically he had to watch an entire NFL draft go by, knowing he could play, and NFL teams just got it wrong costing him not only $$$, but a shot at his NFL dream. That must have sucked. He probably has earned a payday if anyone has.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
yeah he's a spectacular bargain and already playing at a reduced rate. I believe he understands how having a good team around him makes his job easier, based off his press conferences. He doesn't need to take a discounted rate but I'm sure he understands that in doing so it will benefit the team's chances for success as Tom Brady understood. Even at a discounted rate he'd be getting generational wealth regardless. It blows my mind that anybody would complain getting paid $40 mil a year vs $50 mil a year even if the market says your deserving of more. Again he doesn't need to take a discount but if he wants championships and ability to keep a good OL intact and weapons to make your job easier or do you want to carry a team like Aaron Rodgers and maybe get a championship. IMO Rodgers is way more talented than Brady, but Brady has more championship bc he took less money to build the dynasty.

Easier said than done to give away $10m a season. Especially when you get to say it, and he's the one who has to give it up.

Lot of athletes have to retire before their choice, like Vander Esch who just retired due to injury. Hope he put his money away. He'll need it to sustain him and his family. When athletes get the idea who cares about money I can give up $10m left and right, it doesn't matter, I'm set for life. That's the wrong mentality. Those guys are often broke after their playing days. Brock deserves to be paid fairly, meaning he deserves to be paid what he's worth, just like anyone. Right now, that ain't the case, and we benefit at his expense. Basically he had to watch an entire NFL draft go by, knowing he could play, and NFL teams just got it wrong costing him not only $$$, but a shot at his NFL dream. That must have sucked. He probably has earned a payday if anyone has.

It's funny when fans ask, "what's the difference between $100 million and $125 million? Either way you're rich.".
Well, the difference is $25 million.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Brock should be grateful he is even in the position he is. He would never be in this position if not for the injuries that year to Lance and Garoppolo. He got very lucky.
All those injuries did was speed up the process that is if you believe that Shannahan thought he was the best QB in camp his rookie year.

"The cream will rise to the top" Macho Man Randy Savage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:

It's funny when fans ask, "what's the difference between $100 million and $125 million? Either way you're rich.".

Yah that's okay, I don't want $25 million more. Purdy is being paid peanuts and enjoying the ride, the kid has earned every penny they're about to pay him.

$100-$125 is the difference between a 1 bedroom apartment or 2 bedroom apartment in California 😎
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yah that's okay, I don't want $25 million more. Purdy is being paid peanuts and enjoying the ride, the kid has earned every penny they're about to pay him.

exactly generational wealth is generational wealth.

Russel Wilson was getting paid peanuts then what happened after he got paid? Franchise fell apart and what happened in Denver?
Brady was smart to take a little less generational wealth.

Russel Wilson was getting paid peanuts then what happened after he got paid? Franchise fell apart and what happened in Denver?

lol there it is. Brady was also married to a billionaire supermodel
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Please don't compare Seattle to San Francisco, they had internal issues going on over there. For instance Russell Wilson's wife f**king other players. But I wouldn't say they totally fell apart, they had double digit wins 8 outta the 10 seasons he was there.

I just think it's nonsense that you want Purdy to take a discount, especially when he deserves it. When Brady first got paid, he didn't turn away $25 million.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Which is why we must ruin Purdy's marriage.

Make him marry a billionaire.

I found this chick... Katharina Andresen from Normway. 1.65 billion.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Billionaire….check
Supermodel…….

That said, women with that kind of money gets the +5 beer goggle attributes 24/7 and yes I would marry her because of it

Billionaire….check
Supermodel…….

That said, women with that kind of money gets the +5 beer goggle attributes 24/7 and yes I would marry her because of it

Please, you'd marry me if you could 😝
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Billionaire….check
Supermodel…….

Please, you'd marry me if you could 😝

If you were a billionaire, yes I would. Then I'd divorce your ass and take half your s**t 😘
If you were a billionaire, yes I would. Then I'd divorce your ass and take half your s**t 😘

Half of his earnings while you were married. Better stay a while, lol.
Originally posted by Montana:
What Brady did was abnormal, and perhaps it only happened because his wife at the time was also making multi millions. No one should expect an athlete to take less pay for the good of the team. If it guaranteed a SB, maybe that athlete does it, but it doesn't guarantee a SB. Would you rather be happy with $200, or happier with $250?

This.

Also, Rice is the Goat 🐐 lol Joe or Rice..not Brady

Ya that hasn't been the case for awhile now, sucks but it's reality
Share 49ersWebzone