LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 147 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Can't wait to see Brock signed for 5 years $250 million!!!

Rather see him take a discount like Tom Brady did to keep better players around him. He gives a lot of credit to his team mates in press conferences so at least he acknowledges its the ultimate team sport and it would be in his best interest to take a discount for success.

Hopefully more of a 5 year $200 Million with incentives

Imagine someone saying at your job it would be in your best interest to take less for the good of the team, do we walk that ourselves, or do we just talk it for others

Apples and oranges.

There's definitely a lot of players who are in the NFL and look at it as their job and don't care about W/L. You also have a lot of players in the NFL that care about winning.

If I was making a s**t load of money and really cared about my company being #1 and if my boss would tell me take a bit of a pay cut so we can hire the best engineer or whatever in the field that will put us over the top, sure.

It's not unheard of players taking less money to sign with a team just to win a ring or be part of a winning culture though. So I don't expect Brock to just say f**k money and sign for the minimum vet, but I do expect him to not push for a "max" contract. You also have agents who want to push for the most money possible since they also get a % of that money (Bosa's agent), so agents are always going to tell their player to go for the money (it's in their best interest).

I am hoping for Brock to give us a "discount" // by that I mean instead of asking for 50 mil a year (if that's the going rate for example) but take 40-45 mil a year.

I've said this before, if Brock has another solid season next year, you give him a PM contract, 8-10 years 400-500 mil. That would help us out tremendously with being able to restructure his contract whenever we want and with the cap going up another 60-80 mil (based on projections) within the next 5 years, he would be a bargain at that price. In 5 years from now, the top QBs will be making 50-60 mil a year no questions asked, with the top 5 will be 60+ mil.

A big part of it is also the guaranteed money. That's mostly what players care about anyways. Agents will make it look like their guy got paid a lot - Matos contract for example was like 18 mil over 2 years, but the reality is only half that money is guaranteed. So if Jed is willing to fork up a bunch of guaranteed money/signing bonus right away (which he's not shy about doing) we can definitely sign him to a very nice pay day.
The really nice thing about this is we'll have two+ full years of seeing Brock within this offense. Think back to Jimmy Garoppolo where we gave him the highest paid contract after 5 games of street ball. We never got to see him play at that level within Kyle's offense before we signed him. Huge huge difference.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2024 at 5:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
exactly generational wealth is generational wealth.

Russel Wilson was getting paid peanuts then what happened after he got paid? Franchise fell apart and what happened in Denver?
Brady was smart to take a little less generational wealth.

lol there it is. Brady was also married to a billionaire supermodel

Which is why we must ruin Purdy's marriage.

Make him marry a billionaire.

I found this chick... Katharina Andresen from Normway. 1.65 billion.

Billionaire….check
Supermodel…….

That said, women with that kind of money gets the +5 beer goggle attributes 24/7 and yes I would marry her because of it

Please, you'd marry me if you could 😝

If you were a billionaire, yes I would. Then I'd divorce your ass and take half your s**t 😘

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Half of his earnings while you were married. Better stay a while, lol.

Hahahah. I big effort guy too. He'll need to earn it. 😂
Originally posted by NCommand:
The really nice thing about this is we'll have two+ full years of seeing Brock within this offense. Think back to Jimmy Garoppolo where we gave him the highest paid contract after 5 games of street ball. We never got to see him play at that level within Kyle's offense before we signed him. Huge huge difference.

The deal is probably going to get done next year especially if he has another good year. You can't afford to play that game and go into a contract year. Extend him after next year and his cap hit would still be the same in 2026 either way.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NCommand:

The deal is probably going to get done next year especially if he has another good year. You can't afford to play that game and go into a contract year. Extend him after next year and his cap hit would still be the same in 2026 either way.

100%

I saw you discussing what that might look like (10 year contract?). Good stuff. It'll only get more expensive.
I think at least 45 a year as of this post, probably even 50.
I LOVE BROCK!!!

I think Tua is getting an extension soon. so that will set the floor as of right now.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I LOVE BROCK!!!

Just marry him already... geez.
Originally posted by lamontb:

I think Tua is getting an extension soon. so that will set the floor as of right now.

True, FA after next year.

I LOVE BROCK!!!

lol s**t is weird how much he does that
I LOVE BROCK!!!

lol s**t is weird how much he does that

It's in case anyone forgot how much he loves him lol..since yesterday haha

Surprised there wasn't an airplane flying a banner above Allegiant at the SB.."I LOVE YOU BROCK-tankle104" lol
Why are Mr. & Mrs. Purdy so cute? Guess they went to Turks and Caicos Islands, looks beautiful. BP catching those fish 🐟.

Prediction...BP wins SB LX in Santa Clara..that would be so legit 🔥. What better place to win the SB?

NINERS 😎
Some of the comments on Purdy's wife's IG are f**king hilarious. Someone called him a system husband.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Heroism:
Some of the comments on Purdy's wife's IG are f**king hilarious. Someone called him a system husband.

He's not a husband, just a marriage manager.
Share 49ersWebzone