LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 169 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
The really nice thing about this is we'll have two+ full years of seeing Brock within this offense. Think back to Jimmy Garoppolo where we gave him the highest paid contract after 5 games of street ball. We never got to see him play at that level within Kyle's offense before we signed him. Huge huge difference.

The deal is probably going to get done next year especially if he has another good year. You can't afford to play that game and go into a contract year. Extend him after next year and his cap hit would still be the same in 2026 either way.

100%

I saw you discussing what that might look like (10 year contract?). Good stuff. It'll only get more expensive.

That's what Im hoping for
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Some of the comments on Purdy's wife's IG are f**king hilarious. Someone called him a system husband.

He's not a husband, just a marriage manager.

Looks like he managed quite well.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Imagine someone saying at your job it would be in your best interest to take less for the good of the team, do we walk that ourselves, or do we just talk it for others

Doesn't quite come out to a 1 to 1 comparison.
As a QB, if he can be the #1-2-3-4-5 and repeated SBs, he can make more money than his NFL pay.
Join those State Farm commercials, Subway, Wendy's, etc and like Peyton and Shaq have a bunch of franchise partner locations.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
As a QB, if he can be the #1-2-3-4-5 and repeated SBs, he can make more money than his NFL pay.
Join those State Farm commercials, Subway, Wendy's, etc and like Peyton and Shaq have a bunch of franchise partner locations.

That really has nothing to do with Faithful's point because in the end we'd still be asking or expecting him to take less than he's worth. People in all walks of life can supplement their income outside of their salary.

Idk I don't see Purdy doing cheesy Subway or State Farm commercials. He seems to be selective with his sponsors some? And I think that's pretty cool. I just can't see Purdy talking about nuggies, other garbage food and wearing a pink T-mobile jersey..just heck no lol
The really nice thing about this is we'll have two+ full years of seeing Brock within this offense. Think back to Jimmy Garoppolo where we gave him the highest paid contract after 5 games of street ball. We never got to see him play at that level within Kyle's offense before we signed him. Huge huge difference.

The deal is probably going to get done next year especially if he has another good year. You can't afford to play that game and go into a contract year. Extend him after next year and his cap hit would still be the same in 2026 either way.

100%

I saw you discussing what that might look like (10 year contract?). Good stuff. It'll only get more expensive.

That's what Im hoping for

The way contracts are going and how QB's are protected, I could certainly see the logic in that esp. if the teams adds its usual rip chords in later years.
BP to start that commercial filming for Recover 180 soon.
"Purdy damn good hydration"?
Lol
Originally posted by Montana:
BP to start that commercial filming for Recover 180 soon.
"Purdy damn good hydration"?
Lol

this generations Peyton Manning
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!!
Imagine someone saying at your job it would be in your best interest to take less for the good of the team, do we walk that ourselves, or do we just talk it for others

yeah, 49ersfaithful comment isn't quite a 1-1 comparison. At a typical job, your salary doesn't have an impact on the type of talent the company can put around you for you to do your job at the highest level and compete against your competitors the best way possible.

I've seen numerous general contractors/sub contractors take less money than they usually get on a project to make the project work financially because they knew it was good business and would lead to more projects long term. No one is asking anyone to lose money or go broke.

Brock can make more money off the field through endorsements if he has more success on the field and sustains it. Taking a little less on a contract salary provides him the best situation to do that, Al though it isn't guaranteed.

Think of it like taking a little less on a salary in order to get more in commission bonus. Some People are acting like we are suggesting he stays broke so we can pay other players. He's going to be filthy rich and generate generational wealth regardless.

Originally posted by tankle104:
yeah, 49ersfaithful comment isn't quite a 1-1 comparison. At a typical job, your salary doesn't have an impact on the type of talent the company can put around you for you to do your job at the highest level and compete against your competitors the best way possible.

I've seen numerous general contractors/sub contractors take less money than they usually get on a project to make the project work financially because they knew it was good business and would lead to more projects long term. No one is asking anyone to lose money or go broke.

Brock can make more money off the field through endorsements if he has more success on the field and sustains it. Taking a little less on a contract salary provides him the best situation to do that, Al though it isn't guaranteed.

Think of it like taking a little less on a salary in order to get more in commission bonus. Some People are acting like we are suggesting he stays broke so we can pay other players. He's going to be filthy rich and generate generational wealth regardless.

It just strikes me the wrong way, to have one of the great bargain deals in sports contract history, and fans say he needs to take a discount. He already took the discount, he's making not even $1m. QB1, teams budget around maybe $40m on average, he's not making $1m. He is getting ripped off every time he takes the field right now, compared to his peers. Consider Darnold and Dobbs guys like that, out earn Brock. Everyone out earns Brock.
MVP!
Originally posted by Montana:

Idk I don't see Purdy doing cheesy Subway or State Farm commercials. He seems to be selective with his sponsors some? And I think that's pretty cool. I just can't see Purdy talking about nuggies, other garbage food and wearing a pink T-mobile jersey..just heck no lol

He should do John Deere, or Dick's Sporting Goods
I could see State Farm but he would have to beat Mahomes first
Originally posted by tankle104:

It just strikes me the wrong way, to have one of the great bargain deals in sports contract history, and fans say he needs to take a discount. He already took the discount, he's making not even $1m. QB1, teams budget around maybe $40m on average, he's not making $1m. He is getting ripped off every time he takes the field right now, compared to his peers. Consider Darnold and Dobbs guys like that, out earn Brock. Everyone out earns Brock.

I never said he needed to do anything, just that it would be awesome if he took $35-$40M a year instead of $50M. Take less overall on the contract value and more guaranteed. Even if he took $45M a year in comparison to $50M, it would make a good difference in signing another extra quality player or two.

no one is getting ripped off. No one expected him to play or be good. Every single rookie that's drafted is in the exact same spot. He would only be making a few more mil a year if he was a 2nd round pick, so he would still be drastically underpaid. He would be drastically underpaid if he was the #1 overall pick.

i don't view him taking a slight team friendly deal as a way of him getting screwed nor do I see him losing any real money in the future over all. If the team around him is better and sustained, he can make a lot of money off the field through endorsements because that's what happens with winning QBs. He also has the ability, if he stays healthy and good, to sign 3-4 more contracts. Lol dude will be worth hundreds of millions regardless. Let's not act like we are hoping he stays at $1M a year
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 25, 2024 at 9:33 PM ]
This is obviously a dumb take. Definitely said it to rile people up. I do wonder what we would have to give up for something like this tho. What's the love affair with Caleb Williams about? He has bust written all over him
Share 49ersWebzone