LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 157 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Silky:
This is obviously a dumb take. Definitely said it to rile people up. I do wonder what we would have to give up for something like this tho. What's the love affair with Caleb Williams about? He has bust written all over him

A top 3 QB on a rookie contract better get more than 1 1st round pick.
I miss watching BP win games

Guess I will have to settle for commercials lol

Some of you are still paying attention to that Nick dude? Idk why..when the guy talks, running 💩 comes out of his mouth lol.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
This is obviously a dumb take. Definitely said it to rile people up. I do wonder what we would have to give up for something like this tho. What's the love affair with Caleb Williams about? He has bust written all over him

CHI got rid of Fields for nothing, they didn't do that so they could land Brock Purdy. The pick ain't for sale, and we have been there, done that, with going all in on the QB it was maybe the worst move in franchise history.
the results when SF goes large on a QB, you get Alex Smith, Lance, Druckenmiller

when we let the QB fall to us, Montana, Steve, Brock, Garcia,
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He throws touchdowns and wins games.

And saves ShanaLynch's ass.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Add to that a Superbowl experience QB, that would have been there twice in his young career if not for an injury.
great idea from Wright. We finally have a franchise QB. Trade him for a rookie!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BP13:
great idea from Wright. We finally have a franchise QB. Trade him for a rookie!

A rookie who acts like a b***h.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
the results when SF goes large on a QB, you get Alex Smith, Lance, Druckenmiller

You just pick a couple of names to support your argument. We let a whole fleet of quarterbacks just "fall to us". Beathard, Driskel and Kaepernick are just recent examples. We were unlucky with Lance and Druckenmiller. Smith was a good serviceable qb. We didn't let Young fall to us, we went after him and gave a 2nd and a 4th round pick for him.
Originally posted by English:

You just pick a couple of names to support your argument. We let a whole fleet of quarterbacks just "fall to us". Beathard, Driskel and Kaepernick are just recent examples. We were unlucky with Lance and Druckenmiller. Smith was a good serviceable qb. We didn't let Young fall to us, we went after him and gave a 2nd and a 4th round pick for him.

I'm not making a point that all QBs that fall are good. I'm saying QB is a tough projection, and our big investments mostly bombed. Steve per Wikipedia could have been top pick in either league, so getting him for mid round picks is a fleecing, we waited for his value to drop then made a speculative add. Smith was taken ahead of local Aaron Rodgers and ultimately benched for round 2 Kaep. When guys like CJ Beathard bust, who cares right? No different than Trey Sermon. When guys like Lance bust it comes at much higher opportunity cost. This idea of Nick Wright is foolish, Caleb is all the talk now, just like Zach Wilson and Bryce Young and all those guys in prior drafts. We just don't know until they play, and a great many of them are flat out terrible busts.

I'm not making a point that all QBs that fall are good. I'm saying QB is a tough projection, and our big investments mostly bombed. Steve per Wikipedia could have been top pick in either league, so getting him for mid round picks is a fleecing, we waited for his value to drop then made a speculative add. Smith was taken ahead of local Aaron Rodgers and ultimately benched for round 2 Kaep. When guys like CJ Beathard bust, who cares right? No different than Trey Sermon. When guys like Lance bust it comes at much higher opportunity cost. This idea of Nick Wright is foolish, Caleb is all the talk now, just like Zach Wilson and Bryce Young and all those guys in prior drafts. We just don't know until they play, and a great many of them are flat out terrible busts.

I couldn't believe the comment by Nick Wright, whoever he is. To trade a young and proven qb still on his rookie contract would be dumb. You just don't do it.
I couldn't believe the comment by Nick Wright, whoever he is. To trade a young and proven qb still on his rookie contract would be dumb. You just don't do it.

Bears would never accept it regardless. We'd have to trade more. Might be hard to swallow for 49ers fans, but we don't want to do it anyway.
Originally posted by Montana:

Some of you are still paying attention to that Nick dude? Idk why..when the guy talks, running 💩 comes out of his mouth lol.

I miss tankle telling us that he loves Brock Purdy
Originally posted by 49ers808:

In 3, 2, 1..
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Some of you are still paying attention to that Nick dude? Idk why..when the guy talks, running ???? comes out of his mouth lol.

Originally posted by tankle104:
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!!!

Share 49ersWebzone