LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 199 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Watching BP highlights
I am sooo convinced this s**t is rigged some..no way Brock loses in the SB without it being rigged, he is just too good. CMC too. IDGAF if it was against Mahomes..BP is better, IDC what anyone says. This s**t is so rigged lol. It's gotta be. No way you get that close and lose..unless you are Kyle lol. BP is amazing, should have two Lombardi's already. Why couldn't we have played like we did against the Eagles? But yeah Eagles sucked lol..but 9ers were damn fierce in that game. Rigged, I am telling ya lol

Shanahan set up about as easy a throw as you'll get at the end of 4th Q AND ot. Brock didn't get it done (one bc he didn't see the blitz, the other bc of bad blocking).

Nothing is rigged
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
I don't think a QB with "fire" would have done as well BP under the KS scheme. Did Brady have fire? Some say Mahomes has fire. Does it really matter?
Saw Joe Montana back in the day. Damn dude could use a little more fire or he could have won at least 6 Lombardis back then.
The whole "needs more fire" thing doesn't even make sense. Brock gets crazy all the time after big plays. Now in interviews yeah he's pretty chill and gives stock answers (which is 10000000% what you want in a QB) but someone saying this makes me feel hes never actually watched Brock play
Originally posted by frenchmov:
The whole "needs more fire" thing doesn't even make sense. Brock gets crazy all the time after big plays. Now in interviews yeah he's pretty chill and gives stock answers (which is 10000000% what you want in a QB) but someone saying this makes me feel hes never actually watched Brock play
He's just gotta break some tablets on the sideline and call it a day
The kids want to grow up and be like Brock Purdy.

[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 14, 2024 at 10:15 PM ]

I think the whole statement is ass backwards. Saying he has the most talented arm he's even seen is silly. He most certainly has fire and is competitive as s**t. He wouldn't be where he is if he didn't.

the whole unnamed scouts and executives is dumb
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think the whole statement is ass backwards. Saying he has the most talented arm he's even seen is silly. He most certainly has fire and is competitive as s**t. He wouldn't be where he is if he didn't.

tbh the entire media ecosystem around sports has become toxic and dumb. This forum is my favorite because we are actual fans and I expect wild takes. The crazy stuff here I find humorous, but so many people get incredibly wound up and let these dumbass pundits fool them.

So right now I am just watching breaking news and draft stuff. I see the headline about Purdy and fire, I shake my head and move right along. It literally means nothing.
Originally posted by Montana:
Watching BP highlights
I am sooo convinced this s**t is rigged some..no way Brock loses in the SB without it being rigged, he is just too good. CMC too. IDGAF if it was against Mahomes..BP is better, IDC what anyone says. This s**t is so rigged lol. It's gotta be. No way you get that close and lose..unless you are Kyle lol. BP is amazing, should have two Lombardi's already. Why couldn't we have played like we did against the Eagles? But yeah Eagles sucked lol..but 9ers were damn fierce in that game. Rigged, I am telling ya lol

Shanahan set up about as easy a throw as you'll get at the end of 4th Q AND ot. Brock didn't get it done (one bc he didn't see the blitz, the other bc of bad blocking).

Nothing is rigged

This is the thing people seem to overlook or ignore about the Chiefs...they are a damn good defense and coached by one of the best to ever do it.

Let's not forget this DC with a less talented defense shut down the all time 2007 Pats offense with Tom Brady in arguably his best season.

Brock as good as he was/is, was a 2nd year player and the Chiefs disguised that blitz very well and at the right time. It happens. Just sucks that it happened in such a key moment because that was the game winner.

But KC obviously wasn't going to let us have it easy. Brock's only going to get better and better in those types of moments.
Originally posted by Heroism:

trash can more wide open than deebo was for the SB
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

trash can more wide open than deebo was for the SB

LOL. Deebo is overrated. Should never have given him that contract.

that dude is in Minny

This is so adorable 😍
Purdy! PURDY! PURDY!

Ppl love him! I love that the Purdy chant is a thing:). I have never seen that before in the NFL, a chant for a player. I can't think of one anyway. He seems like such a good person/mentor for kids to look up to:) He seems like a natural around them.

Also wondering, what brand of sunglasses he is wearing, those look cool:)

Time to get that phat paycheck soon!
[ Edited by Montana on Apr 15, 2024 at 6:45 PM ]

100000% this

Awesome!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

tbh the entire media ecosystem around sports has become toxic and dumb. This forum is my favorite because we are actual fans and I expect wild takes. The crazy stuff here I find humorous, but so many people get incredibly wound up and let these dumbass pundits fool them.

So right now I am just watching breaking news and draft stuff. I see the headline about Purdy and fire, I shake my head and move right along. It literally means nothing.

Maybe it was "fire" up the doobage so I can write some drivel.
Share 49ersWebzone