LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 181 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like the way Brock played last year but I won't call him a franchise QB until he plays like that for a couple more years. I've seen way too many guys fizzle after starting out hot. I don't expect that to happen since he isn't a gimmick QB that teams will figure out. He's a solid player that plays at a higher level than his size and athleticism would dictate. It would probably be a mental thing or an injury if he has a drop in production. Give me 2 more years like last year or a SB title and then I'll call him a franchise QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I like the way Brock played last year but I won't call him a franchise QB until he plays like that for a couple more years. I've seen way too many guys fizzle after starting out hot. I don't expect that to happen since he isn't a gimmick QB that teams will figure out. He's a solid player that plays at a higher level than his size and athleticism would dictate. It would probably be a mental thing or an injury if he has a drop in production. Give me 2 more years like last year or a SB title and then I'll call him a franchise QB.

Totally understand where you're coming from. But when it comes time to pay him after next season, his contract will fully say so!!!! I'm just glad there aren't two sides of fans of Brock Purdy right now.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Totally understand where you're coming from. But when it comes time to pay him after next season, his contract will fully say so!!!! I'm just glad there aren't two sides of fans of Brock Purdy right now.

He'll get paid big money. Probably $40 mil per year or in that neighborhood. That's why I want to see another big year before they lock themselves into him. If he plays well he gets paid well. If he struggles next year it's just well?

He's real. He did it for 2 years now. His timing, anticipation, mechanics, accuracy, quickness and burst in short area are all great. He's just not a combine guy. Doesn't fit the height and weight. He's like a young Drew Brees. The accuracy is tremendous and he should only get better. They are going to figure out he's great. Nothing you can do about it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He'll get paid big money. Probably $40 mil per year or in that neighborhood. That's why I want to see another big year before they lock themselves into him. If he plays well he gets paid well. If he struggles next year it's just well?

I disagree here if you're willing to wait after his rookie contract is up. Lock him up now while you can which is the first year you can negotiate or else the price will go up even higher for QB's, not to mention every other position of need will be a lot more expensive.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's real. He did it for 2 years now. His timing, anticipation, mechanics, accuracy, quickness and burst in short area are all great. He's just not a combine guy. Doesn't fit the height and weight. He's like a young Drew Brees. The accuracy is tremendous and he should only get better. They are going to figure out he's great. Nothing you can do about it.
I always liked the Drew Brees comparison. Brock has all those tools, it's exciting to think about his potential once he settles in to the NFL. He will be good for a long time, he has the traits that actually improve with age and experience.

I disagree here if you're willing to wait after his rookie contract is up. Lock him up now while you can which is the first year you can negotiate or else the price will go up even higher for QB's, not to mention every other position of need will be a lot more expensive.

The money is already through the roof. Creative contracts are always able to find ways to fit the money in. He's had one good season so I woulld like to see another one. I don't count the season where he had those 7 or 8 starts. The league didn't know anything about him or he would have been drfted higher. Last season was a better test and he passed it. They will probably end up paying more but that's better than over paying for a player that ends up not being the guy.

I know we're all high on Brock but we were high on Jimmy as well. Same for Kap. They drafted Alex Smith #1 thinking he would be the guy. They traded up to grab Trey Lance and he wasn't the guy. My point is we've seen many "franchise QBs" come and go without living up to potential. Let's not label him as a great QB until he's done it for a couple full seasons at least.

That being said, I'm guessing they'll renegotiate during the coming season. Maybe they don't do a new contract until mid season or so. By then they will have had another 8 games to see him. That long with the 2022 season will be about 2 full years of on field play.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Can't deny those quads

Oh my QUAD!!!!
And some say he is not athletic gtfo with that haha ..I mean really now lol.

Lol I saw a John Deere hoodie today on someone, looks freshly bought..didn't look like a farmer idk lol..tons of 9er fans here..guessing he was a BP fan haha. Lol when I spotted it, I told the guy, "oooh I like your sweatshirt!" LOL.

I have never bought from any company before based on who they are contracted with, ever lol. But as soon as BP signed up with Bdubs..I insisted to my friends that we watch the game at Bdubs pretty much every weekend afterwards and drop money for food and drinks lolol.

The Power of Purdy...

My friend was looking for an electric car and...the Subaru Solterra is an electric SUV manufactured by Toyota..my friend just purchased one 😉.

🫡🫡 Captain Purdy 🫡🫡

Brock is a franchise QB and his top 5 status is solidified in my eyes. Then he's only gonna get better with experience
Originally posted by Montana:
Oh my QUAD!!!!
And some say he is not athletic gtfo with that haha ..I mean really now lol.

Lol I saw a John Deere hoodie today on someone, looks freshly bought..didn't look like a farmer idk lol..tons of 9er fans here..guessing he was a BP fan haha. Lol when I spotted it, I told the guy, "oooh I like your sweatshirt!" LOL.

I have never bought from any company before based on who they are contracted with, ever lol. But as soon as BP signed up with Bdubs..I insisted to my friends that we watch the game at Bdubs pretty much every weekend afterwards and drop money for food and drinks lolol.

The Power of Purdy...

My friend was looking for an electric car and...the Subaru Solterra is an electric SUV manufactured by Toyota..my friend just purchased one 😉.

🫡🫡 Captain Purdy 🫡🫡

I'm changing my lawn equipment from Kobalt to John Deere. I'm going green!

And I was one that was all for Trey getting his shot as I could fathom no scenario where we have three firsts and got it wrong. Well we did but we fixed it all with BP!

The money is already through the roof. Creative contracts are always able to find ways to fit the money in. He's had one good season so I woulld like to see another one. I don't count the season where he had those 7 or 8 starts. The league didn't know anything about him or he would have been drfted higher. Last season was a better test and he passed it. They will probably end up paying more but that's better than over paying for a player that ends up not being the guy.

I know we're all high on Brock but we were high on Jimmy as well. Same for Kap. They drafted Alex Smith #1 thinking he would be the guy. They traded up to grab Trey Lance and he wasn't the guy. My point is we've seen many "franchise QBs" come and go without living up to potential. Let's not label him as a great QB until he's done it for a couple full seasons at least.

That being said, I'm guessing they'll renegotiate during the coming season. Maybe they don't do a new contract until mid season or so. By then they will have had another 8 games to see him. That long with the 2022 season will be about 2 full years of on field play.

Brock is different than Jimmy, Kap, or Alex..different meaning better lol. I was excited for Kap some but mainly cause he was from my home town..that and his stats at UNR were impressive. But nope, have not been this excited since watching Steve Young:). BP is the real deal.
We got super lucky and snatched one of the greats!

Originally posted by BP13:
I always liked the Drew Brees comparison. Brock has all those tools, it's exciting to think about his potential once he settles in to the NFL. He will be good for a long time, he has the traits that actually improve with age and experience.

I started to refer to BP as Brock Brees pretty early on, kinda cool cause I didn't know BP studied Brees or anything like that..and then I heard him talk about it..and I was like..yesss this all makes sense:) It's so cool cause Drew really likes him too. Who doesn't like Brock?

Oh wait..Dak Prescott probably LOL
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I'm changing my lawn equipment from Kobalt to John Deere. I'm going green!

That's the ticket! Good job:)

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
And I was one that was all for Trey getting his shot as I could fathom no scenario where we have three firsts and got it wrong. Well we did but we fixed it all with BP!

More like, Brock Purdy fixed us lolol

The drought is finally over lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

You know I wrote that just for you ❤️

Lolol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

and even still, he will have a bad game here and there it's completely normal.

But Brock is legit. Super lucky we got him
Share 49ersWebzone